• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats the next Key book to go through the roof?

131 posts in this topic

This is relatively easy and very difficult at once.

Short Term- Avengers 1, Avengers 4, Hulk 181, hulk 180, UXM 266, NM 98. All will be great performers for the next few months- to 1 year. Also NEDOR publications featuring the Black Terror, and possibly Daredevil comics GA.

3-5 years- Hulk 1, FF1, Avengers 1 still. Possibly B&B 28, and Showcase 4

Long Term (5+ years) Batman 1, MMC and Captain America Comics, Select issues of DC GA. And Definately HG ADAMS Batman books.

nooooo, everyone is to stay away from showcase 4. It's relatively cheap and nobody wants it so i just might be able to afford a nice copy. Keep up the stigmatism associated with it people, the book is cursed, it smells bad, it causes cancer!

Can someone explain to me why Adams' books are so wanted, or why HE is in general? I'm not being an anti Adams here, i honestly don't know.

If 'spiderman moving into mainstream and out of geekstream *patent pending*' is the reason for AF 15 shooting up, my money is on iron man's first appearance as was said earlier. He deserves it anyway (wow i'm 'supporting' a fictional character)...

I just don't see avengers shooting up past the movie hype, they just don't do it for me but hey my 2c

Brave and the Bold 28

What makes Brave and the Bold 28 stand out? Some of us newer folks are not are not aware of what makes some of these books listed popular.

First appearance of the JLA....it also has an icon cover and a possible movie in the future.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Brave and the Bold 28

What makes Brave and the Bold 28 stand out? Some of us newer folks are not are not aware of what makes some of these books listed popular.

First appearance of the JLA....it also has an icon cover and a possible movie in the future.GOD BLESS...

PLUS the first super-team of the SA of comics! (thumbs u

My money goes on the bigger bump being with mid grades as HG copies are fairly hard to locate.

The market seems very soft on early B & B and Showcases right now. I can remember when they were the bomb and everybody wanted them. If DC ever agrees to a Flash, Green Lantern, JLA or Hawkman movie they would likely sky rocket.

Flash - yes

JLA - yes

GL or Hawkman IDK.

OT. But how good would it be to have a Hawkman movie similar to The Mummy movies, with Black Adam as the supporting hero. Since at this time he was still good. I think this was done is JSA where Shazam traveled back in time and found Black Adam assisting him as his family wasnt murdered yet.

Brave and the Bold 28

Thanks for the follow up. That cover is really cool so thanks for posting that as well. I will have to look into what the Brave and the Bold books were all about. If this is the first appearance of the JLA then was Brave and the Bold number one just a collection of different hero stories? What did #1 story consist off? Never have been a huge DC fan.

SA DC keys are going to pick up speed. They've been lagging for a long time and I think once people realize they can't afford SA Marvel keys $$ will start to move toward keys like Showcase and B+B issues. They are much more rare and just as cool.

Avengers #1 is a great one as two years ago we had a board member that couldn't *give* away a 9.4 copy for $20,000 and I'll bet it'll fetch 2 or 3 times that now.

SA Dardevil books have been getting hammered lately and are due for a bit of a lift. They are every bit as cool as any other Marvel and the modern run is among the best out there.

(thumbs u

Brave and the Bold 28

Thanks for the follow up. That cover is really cool so thanks for posting that as well. I will have to look into what the Brave and the Bold books were all about. If this is the first appearance of the JLA then was Brave and the Bold number one just a collection of different hero stories? What did #1 story consist off? Never have been a huge DC fan.

BB # 1-24 are very cool and have the continuing adventures of Viking Prince,Silent Knight, and Robin hood. They are difficult to find in Fine condition or better. After that the title became a try-out book for new features for a couple years and then became a Batman team up title much like Marvel Team Up. The SA Hawkman try outs by Joe Kubert ( 34-36,42-44) are some of my favorite comics of ALL TIME. GOD BLESS...