• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats the next Key book to go through the roof?

131 posts in this topic

If all of these guesses become the hot books of 2009, then will the already hot books languish? Or, will there just be a plethora of hot books.

Me, I don't look at 2009 (because I am not buying and reselling constantly), but I look at ten years down the road.

For that time period, I like GI Joe, Thundercats, and the Transformers. I don't think one can go wrong with Batman, Wolverine and Spidey. But the second teir characters, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Flash, etc., will still be where they are (except for short term rises due to certain story lines or certain artists). Superman is still a mystery to me to figure out.Actions with him are of course sought after and will stay that way, but newer stuff (1950's on up), doesn't get me excited. I can't get a handle on how he will do in the future.

I think early Actions will still hold water for no other reason than historical purposes. Love him or hate him, Superman kicked this little comic book shindig off! But I agree--dude just doesn't do much for me.

I think early Actions will still hold water for no other reason than historical purposes. Love him or hate him, Superman kicked this little comic book shindig off! But I agree--dude just doesn't do much for me.

Unfortunately, it's true, i hate big blue and i STILL want to own his early appearances! ...if DC could just kill him off permanently i'd be ecstatic.

GI JOE 1 and 21 also Showcase 22

I ditto the nomination for Showcase 22. Especially since I just grabbed one for a nice price from Foolkiller. :headbang:

:censored:

:frustrated:

:foryou: I am usually the one on the "just missed" side.

What's amazing is that if you can find 9.2/9.4 DC's superhero books from the late 50's or early 60's (like Action or Detectives) you can find them for the same price as some 9.8 moderns or 9.6 bronze...and yet your SA DC is likely going to be the lone high grade copy whearas you can have 20-50 copies of the bronze/modern Marvels.

If you can find late 1940's - mid 1950's DC's in higher grades (9.0-9.4) you can also buy them at a very decent price.

R.

Don't quite agree with that...I have seen total bidding wars on some 9.0's

DC fans have been lamenting for some time the loss of their books being inexpensive and not sought after.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but since movies based on some characters can bring their greatness to life (rare, but it happens), has anyone posted the upcoming movies over the next two to four years?

There's some amazing comics-to-movies talks going on that can drive increased demand. The Goon, SGT Rock (a movie Schwarzenegger had on his website being on his high list of choices before he went into politics), Shang-Chi, etc.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/147293/83_comics_being_made_into_films.html

Look at CLINK and you will see a Green Lantern 1 in 6.0 sold for less than $800. Not too bad.

Might have something to do with the fact that it has a freakin puppet on the cover. :P

:roflmao:

It is one of the worst covers of all time, true.

I dunno, I always thought it was nicely drawn. I've seen a lot worse both in SA and modern books (shrug)

It's not that it's poorly drawn that makes it horrible. The draftsmanship is just fine (Gil Kane right?). It is just a really bad cover.

Only if you look at it with 2009 eyes, you know? With 1960s eyes its just fine.

Oh and yeah, its Gil Kane