• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970 video about collecting comics.

27 posts in this topic

http://archives.cbc.ca/arts_entertainment/visual_arts/topics/2352-13716/

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I did a search and couldnt find anything.

It's a broadcast from a canadian station in 1970, where a comic book store owner talks about collecting. Pretty interesting.

Super man for a couple hundred bucks, no bid deal. :o

http://archives.cbc.ca/arts_entertainment/visual_arts/topics/2352-13716/

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I did a search and couldnt find anything.

It's a broadcast from a canadian station in 1970, where a comic book store owner talks about collecting. Pretty interesting.

Super man for a couple hundred bucks, no bid deal. :o

Thanks for posting this. (thumbs u

Wonder what those old Flash comics were selling for at that point? 10, 15 bucks maybe? :o

Fascinating stuff..amazing to think that around the time I was born you could buy a Superman 1 for $100 to $300!

Fascinating stuff..amazing to think that around the time I was born you could buy a Superman 1 for $100 to $300!

So true!

What about the stand-up racks? All the X-Men early issues are there, amazing...

Now if you go into a really good comic store with $10k, you can walk out with just one book! :o

Wow, that was fun to watch! Was that thee George Olshevsky? :o It had to be! Thanks for posting.

There have been a few posts in the past with the comics clips from CBC's archives, but it's always fun to see them again.

In the very late 1960s and early 1970s I used to regularly frequent Captain George's shop in Markham St. Village, around the corner from Honest Ed's -- the shop was called Memory Lane.

He was a real curmudgeon. Treated us kids with distain, because he'd actually have to get up off his chair and exert a little energy. And if you asked him a question his response was never more than 2 or 3 words.

He used to string his used comics up on clothes lines, using wooden clothes pins! :sick:

But he was very knowledgeable, and he was the only game in town in those days.

I think I may have been to that store. There was a store on Markham St. in Markham (north of Toronto) where I bought my first Hulk #181 and ASM #129 for about $200 each.

I've seen that video before.

Very cool

^^