• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Man Logan (modern wolverine)

163 posts in this topic

oh i was only picking up Wolverine for the OML run.

it's not on my regular pull list and i was going to drop it after OML anyway.

the character is a parody of what he once was.

oh i was only picking up Wolverine for the OML run.

it's not on my regular pull list and i was going to drop it after OML anyway.

the character is a parody of what he once was.

Same here. With the price increase, I'm only too happy to jump off books as soon as excellent storylines and creators leave. If Marvel isn't going to be loyal to their characters in giving them proper treatment, I see no need to be as well.

I couldnt find the old thread. But did anyone else read this yet? Absolutely SICK! I cant believe how good this story has been. It may be the best Wolverine story I have ever red. And I really do like wolverine.. (thumbs u

Im waiting for the HC/TPB. Would you say this is better than the FMiller Wolvie limited series in the early 80s or BWS's Weapon X?

Im waiting for the HC/TPB. Would you say this is better than the FMiller Wolvie limited series in the early 80s or BWS's Weapon X?

I'd say it's probably not as good as those two classics... this is more of a zany high concept action ride done really really well while those were more philosophical. Those other books also have the luxury of time allowing them to be classics while this book hasn't had a chance to age yet but it might in time be considered as good. In fact, the only other solo Wolverine titles I own are the ones you mentioned and I'm picking OML up in singles and am really enjoying it. Definitely pick up the trade!

-Bob

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.7697.Every_Issue_of_Old_Man_Logan_Sells_Out

If you dont feel like reading, here is the short version.

Every Issue of Old Man Logan Sells Out & Returns with More Printings

The Wolverine epic from Mark Millar and Steve McNiven has sold out of every chapter

Coming soon

WOLVERINE #66 FOURTH PRINTING VARIANT,

WOLVERINE #67 THIRD PRINTING VARIANT,

WOLVERINE #68 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT,

WOLVERINE #69 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT,

WOLVERINE #70 FOURTH PRINTING VARIANT

I had to go to 5 shops before I found a copy of 71 and only one copy. This book sells out fast. I still need another copy to make my second set.

This issue wasnt a real lead on, but the ending made it interesting and the next cover really has me interested.

Liked seeing Black Bolt again such an under used character.

This series has me hooked I havent read one this good in years. Great art and good writing how rare is that these days.

FYI from Newsarama:

Wolverine #73

WOLV073_cov.jpg

According to Diamond, Marvel has changed the order in which the next two issues of Wolverine will be released. According to the news, issue #73 of Wolverine will be released before #72, on May 13th, while issue #72, the penultimate chapter of Mark Millar and Steve McNiven’s “Old Man Logan” will be released on May 20th.

Wolverine #73 is written by Jason Aaron and Daniel Way, with art by Adam Kubert and Tommy Lee Edwards, and features two, two-part stories focusing on the modern day version of the character, something Diamond notes, may be helpful in picking up new readers who saw the X-Men Origins: Wolverine and are looking for more of the character.

As announced at New York Comic Con, “Old Man Logan” will conclude in the extra-sized, Giant Size Old Man Logan. Wolverine #74 is due in stores on May 27th, and will feature the conclusion of the Aaron and Way stories.

Currently, the title is due to change names to Dark Wolverine with issue #75, and Wolverine’s son, Daken is slated to take the lead role. That issue is due in stores on June 17th.

Well all of that confused me.

All I know is i'll have to hit the comic store for whatever the final issue of the arc is because Marvel is dinking around and I no long have Wolverine on my DCBS pull list.

I suppose I could just ask them to add one to whatever order it ships in.

Still, it's nice of Marvel to ensure their readers can get all the information they need to purchase their product and ensure that an arc actually completes properly.

That last bit was sarcasm.

Hmmm, so there will be no Old Man Logan in issue 73?

No, the Giant Size Wolverine will finish the arc on Old Man Logan after #72. I wouldn't mind that as long as the artist stays the course instead of that Crisis series which jars the art overall.

Volume 3 of Wolverine has been an on again off again stinker, save some few key issues. Whenever there's good art and a great plot, Marvel does a bang up job of screwing it up.

Issues 20-31 Enemy of the State and Agent of Shield were cool; issues 42-48 Civil War tie-in had Humberto Ramos as the artist also cool, and Old Man Logan starting with issue 66 is freakin awesome. Having positive feedback and selling out issues isn't a clue for Marvel to leave a good thing alone.

I don't even care what Marvel is thinking and at this point it doesn't matter. I just want to say, "Thank you" to Marvel for helping me save money as I will be dropping this series yet again.

Volume 3 of Wolverine has been an on again off again stinker, save some few key issues. Whenever there's good art and a great plot, Marvel does a bang up job of screwing it up.

Issues 20-31 Enemy of the State and Agent of Shield were cool; issues 42-48 Civil War tie-in had Humberto Ramos as the artist also cool, and Old Man Logan starting with issue 66 is freakin awesome. Having positive feedback and selling out issues isn't a clue for Marvel to leave a good thing alone.

I don't even care what Marvel is thinking and at this point it doesn't matter. I just want to say, "Thank you" to Marvel for helping me save money as I will be dropping this series yet again.

lol Whenever Marvel cancels a series to simply restart it at #1, I look at it as a perfect opportunity to stop collecting that particular series! I never picked up this latest volume of Wolverine until Old Man Logan, which is quite enjoyable. When Old Man Logan is done, so am I. :D