• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roll-Call! Official sign-up & vote for Mega-Con Forum dinner.

147 posts in this topic

We are looking at Saturday the 28th.

Just so everyone knows....

We are going to be at Vitos...8pm on Saturday.

We have a reservation for 20, and we do have some commitments from at least a dozen folks spread out over multiple threads and PMs to me.

We are not doing a combined dinner (too many headaches...everyone orders off the menu and gets a seperate check).

I will try to find time this week to get confirmation emails out to everyone who wants to attend.

I've emailed the events coordinator and told them we just need a general reservation for 20.

If we have overflow that night because some people want to join last minute, Vitos either accomodates us, or those folks will just have to go somewhere else. For some reason, we always have lots of people show up for the dinner, but everyone is so damn non-committal about it. However, that kind of wishy-washyness doesn't fly with an establishment like Vitos. They need precise numbers, and I can't really give them any with the dinner a month away.

So, like in years past, I will try to herd these cats as best as I can.....and hope it works out. :wishluck:

..but next year, someone else can deal with the head-ache. doh!

Sorry just found out but I am in.....I don't know anyone who collects comics other than myself so I never get to talk CB's with anyone (thumbs u

Vito's it is......I'll need driving directions to Orlando as I am coming from Orlando and may not be able to find the place hm

lol

Okay, so here is where we are at. As usual, the response in the various threads and to my PMs is lukewarm to non-existent. This is one of the reasons I prefer this dinner to be at a casual dining establishment like Tony Romas because so few are willing to commit to attend early on. Most decide to go on the day of, provided enough of the "cool people" also attend (trust me, since this is the fifth dinner I've organized, I know how it works).

However, there has been a call for a better venue, so we are going with an upscale steak joint. Problem is, they require a hefty deposit AND an accurate head count for a party of 20 people. So, I will send out my last round of emails/PMs today and hopefully I can get some actual commitments to attend my mid-next week. I will then finalize the reservations based on those who have pledged to go.

Here's who I have so far:

joeypost

DrWatson

arexcrooke

TupennyConan

lookwhoitis

Inhuman Fiend

kryptonitecomics

KingOfRulers

qualitycomix

Theagenes

MCMiles (2)

sborock

myself

I will be going to the con, most likely, but I probably will not be able to commit until next week. And since I plan on driving up and driving back the same day I will be as casual as casual gets (Jeans and Shirt) so upscale may not like "My dress code"

So either way, maybe I will get to meet some of you at the con, I know I have bought some stuff from tuppeny not long ago.

Most recent list.

Please add your name if you ar eplanning on coming

joeypost

DrWatson

arexcrooke

TupennyConan

lookwhoitis

Inhuman Fiend

kryptonitecomics

KingOfRulers

qualitycomix

Theagenes