• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD LOS ANGELES CANCELED

20 posts in this topic

Newarama has released information that the Wizard World Los Angeles Comic Convention scheduled for March 13-15, 2009 has been canceled. Upon visiting the Wizard World web-site, all content regarding the Los Angeles show has been pulled. I have verified this information with a source at Wizard who said "due to the downturn in the economy, the decision was made to pull the show and reschedule it for a later date when things look better. Wizard is stronger then ever and just felt that pulling the show would be a better choice to having a poor show".

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

This is sad.

I've heard the word "postponed" used for a lot of events (comic or otherwise) like this. I'm still a little skeptical that it will actually happen. Even if it does, will Stan still show? That was the only reason I was making the trip...

-Adam

Ahhhh, this really hurt me to my heart. I have been excited about this for months. This was my wife's birthday gift to me. I was so happy that I was finally going to be able to go to a Con and meet Stan Lee. This just ruined my day.

My birthday is in March.......Its not the same :pullhair:
lol

Thanks for being so understanding :signfunny:

But on a more serious note :signofftopic: I guess I will have to dump all my money into Chandler for the NYCC and meet Stan next year for either Christmas or my Birthday agian lol

No doubt about it, the economy is effecting EVERYTHING! :P

Last time Stan did Frank and Sons, it was a 110 degrees in the shade and he only lasted 20 minutes or so. I was in that line for hours and went home empty handed. I would suggest sending the book to Chandler if you really want Stan's sig for sure, then go to an event for a chance to meet him if you are one of the lucky ones.

Desert Wind Comics is excited to make the following announcements about upcoming special signings in New York. It is confirmed that we will be having a signing with Stan Lee. Go to our website www.desertwindcomics.com for complete details. Look for the press release on both the CGC site and the ComicPriceGuide.com site. Details on a Meet and Greet with Stan Lee in New York are being finalized as well. Details on that event to follow. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us.

Chandler and Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics