• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama ASM comic $60 bucks a piece

378 posts in this topic

Is it just me or is Spidey's camera a bit odd looking in it's positioning here???

538as6.jpg

do you thing the artist meant to add John Spidey Holmes to the last panel?

lol

If Spidey hadn't shown up Obama would have been able to handle it all by himself huh? Spidey had himself an O'gasm! lol

I havent read through the whole thread but does talking about all of this violate the "No politics in any way, shape or form." rule? Know what Im sayin?

Yea, it's a shame that Marvel Comics violated the rule and put the President Elect in a Spider-man comic book.

Chill dude. No one is talking politics here, except you. We are talking about comic book characters, and like it or not, President Elect Obama is one now, and apparently is scheduled to be one in the future.

I havent read through the whole thread but does talking about all of this violate the "No politics in any way, shape or form." rule? Know what Im sayin?

Yea, it's a shame that Marvel Comics violated the rule and put the President Elect in a Spider-man comic book.

Chill dude. No one is talking politics here, except you. We are talking about comic book characters, and like it or not, President Elect Obama is one now, and apparently is scheduled to be one in the future.

wow ok 1st of all :jokealert:

secondly maybe you should do whatever it is that you do to help yourself chill. I never said I had a problem with Obama....sheesh I do have a problem with that artwork though. Go cry about that for a while

Is it just me or is Spidey's camera a bit odd looking in it's positioning here???

538as6.jpg

do you thing the artist meant to add John Spidey Holmes to the last panel?

lol

If Spidey hadn't shown up Obama would have been able to handle it all by himself huh? Spidey had himself an O'gasm! lol

And people wonder why some of us don't care for new comics

G*D AWFUL art..Horrible!!! :censored:

Better story:

In a spirit of bi-pardonship, Barack Obama nominates a mutant as his Secretary of State. Wolverine.

The President then appoints Foolkiller and The Punisher as Chairmen and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The President then appoints Reed Richards as Secretary of Defense.

Immediately, Iran, Russia and North Korea call the new president and ask for unilateral talks aimed at us "all getting along with one another".

CNN interviews Wolverine and his response is" "Too late Bubs".

In a surprise move, The President nominates greggy as the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., but greggy turns down the offer by posting (tsk) . Then Joe Collector posts an :takeit: but is turned down by the Senate confirmation process. The position is finally filled by BillytheKid who immediately instructs all CGC SS Turner signed books to be confiscated for the good of the country, and stored in his bedroon closet for "safekeeping".

As his first Presidential Act, Obama creates a new position. Czar of Comic Book Collectors. He fills this position with S. Borock, who immediately takes away the rights of Ebay to deal with comic book sales and directs that the only authorized internet location for wheeling and dealing in comic book collectibles, is the Collectors Society Forum. The new Czar of Comic Book Collectors then issues a ruling that all comics bought and sold, must be certified by CGC, however, they do not have to be incapsulated, but may be given a CGC Passage of Rights certificate, so that this certificate certifies that under penalty of imprisonment or death, said certificate must accompany said comic book forever, or until said comic book is destroyed or lost. Any changes in the comic book, whether accidental of intentional, requires the owner of said comic book to immediately notify CGC and re-submit said comic book for recertification. This certificate states that, at the time of issuance, said comic book was free of color touch, trimming, or restoration and is in fact a true and correct copy and not a reprint, unless designated as such.

Foolkiller then goes on a rampage doing what he does, because, well, "so many fools, so little time". Foolkiller tells the masses to not be afraid because he is starting with the politicians and media members, and that should take many many years to accomplish. Foolkiller then brings on board Mr. "T" to do commercials on TV and radio, whereupon Mr T tells the audiences, in an effort to save lives, "don't be a fool, fool".

My copy ended up going for 75 bucks which was immediately reinvested into the collection. Is it bad karma if the buyer was a collector who's all up in some modern variant chasing?

I got $81 for mine

Imediately Reinvested it into a sketched SS book

Was delivered today and I got my positive feedback...

My copy ended up going for 75 bucks which was immediately reinvested into the collection. Is it bad karma if the buyer was a collector who's all up in some modern variant chasing?

I got $81 for mine

I haven't been paying to close attention to this...just in passing. But would you say that the raw ASM "Barack" issue (1st print) has been selling for $60-85?

I got $81 for mine

I haven't been paying to close attention to this...just in passing. But would you say that the raw ASM "Barack" issue (1st print) has been selling for $60-85?

Thereabouts, some of the earliest copies to hit ebay were selling upwards of $100, but an earlier poster who got $135 said the buyer defaulted. I had a lot of single digit feedback buyers bid on mine.