• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama ASM comic $60 bucks a piece

378 posts in this topic

Just bought my copy from a LCS. $10, limited one per customer. He was out faster than Ben Johnson on steroids. My copy's on eBay now, 1 day sale. :wishluck:

Andy

Happy and a bit ashamed to say that my copy just ended and sold for $135. :o

:news: Update from my buyer with (0) feedback: "I'm unable to purchase the book as my credit card was frozen due to someone using it fraudulently overseas (nice). Until that's corrected I'm not buying a thing. Sorry about that. All the best."

doh!

Yeah, there's a lot of people defaulting on "crazy buys" on EBay right now, as there is nothing sellers can do about it.

I was tracking a few big sales of the Obama book and very few of them seem to have gone through. A lot of times it's just kids bidding as a joke, as they know sellers are totally powerless.

I could go win a big pile of these Obama books, not pay, make sure to reply to the NPB alert and leave a negative if I want - and there's nothing that could stop me. Bizarre little system EBay's set up.

Both mine sold, and are paid for. I just need to confirm shipping on one (not because the address i not confirmed, but because the P.O has a different listing). But I doubt there will be any problems. I actually think I am going to list the last one I have now, and pick up some change on it before it tanks.

I got paid for mine. I thought the buyer might default. I went ahead and got full insurance with signature confirmation just in case. I typically go with full insurance and delivery confirmation. I thought there may be a a chance of the I didn't get it and want a refund. I still made $80.00. on the deal to spend at the Phx. Con.

Just bought my copy from a LCS. $10, limited one per customer. He was out faster than Ben Johnson on steroids. My copy's on eBay now, 1 day sale. :wishluck:

Andy

Happy and a bit ashamed to say that my copy just ended and sold for $135. :o

:news: Update from my buyer with (0) feedback: "I'm unable to purchase the book as my credit card was frozen due to someone using it fraudulently overseas (nice). Until that's corrected I'm not buying a thing. Sorry about that. All the best."

doh!

lol That's exactly what I was thinking. Then I started to wonder what I did to deserve it. :insane:

Both mine sold, and are paid for.

How much?

I'm referring to the "crazy/thrill bidder" ones that hit $130, $150, $200+ ending amounts, and it's very likely you won't see a cent.

Nah, mine sold at 69 and 68 bucks. No complaints from me. I will probably list the last one in a few hours. I see this, I sold my $6.00 worth of comics and bought one nice late SA Detective slab, and will sell the other one to buy another.

$9.00 = 2 9.0 Tec's (thumbs u

But the crazy numbers being achieved were ALOT of shill biddding. I spent about two hours viewing books selling, and the bid history. The shilling that was going on was disgusting..

Both mine sold, and are paid for.

How much?

I'm referring to the "crazy/thrill bidder" ones that hit $130, $150, $200+ ending amounts, and it's very likely you won't see a cent.

Well, it looks like the high bid on a single copy was $295. To JC's point, it would be interesting to see if this seller ever sees a dime of this.

Karma being what it is, we sold a bunch of them....for cover price!

I have had a few subscribers pass on them this weekend and those copies got sold to the next person on the list....for cover price!

Any comic shop that is already selling them for more than cover is really doing a large disservice to our whole industry in my humble opinion.

I have had a few subscribers pass on them this weekend and those copies got sold to the next person on the list....for cover price!

Any comic shop that is already selling them for more than cover is really doing a large disservice to our whole industry in my humble opinion.

Who are you, and what have you done with our Mr Bedrock? :o

I picked up mine for cover. But they said they ran out... Which probably let people down as they rolled in at 1PM to find none left.

But when I checked the stores Ebay ID a magical 70 copies showed up!! Amazing!

I love my LCS. I really didn't care if I got a copy of this cover or not. ASM is on my pull list and I didn't get there until today and there was a copy in my pull box. Paid a whopping $3.89 for mine. They took care of the subscribers first and then let the rest out to the general public.

my LCS sold me a copy at cover too. He sold all 10 of them at cover when he could have made a grand. I sold mine for $90 bucks and I am currently shopping out a nice GL 76 to buy with the proceeds to give to the owner.(the one book that seems to elude him) He is a true stand-up guy and i want kharma to work in his favor as I think he deserves it.

my LCS sold me a copy at cover too. He sold all 10 of them at cover when he could have made a grand. I sold mine for $90 bucks and I am currently shopping out a nice GL 76 to buy with the proceeds to give to the owner.(the one book that seems to elude him) He is a true stand-up guy and i want kharma to work in his favor as I think he deserves it.

:applause:

That is super-cool of you.

The first time I read this post I stopped at "I sold mine for $90 bucks". I'm glad I reread it.

Outstanding on your part and your LCS. :golfclap:

That is super-cool of you.

It's the least I can do for him! He is one of those true rarities in the LCS biz. I am having trouble finding a decent one for $90 bucks though! I don't collect GL at all and I was really surprised to see those prices for a 70s books!! I'm not expecting anything in HG grade but I was hoping for a Fine copy. Anyone have one in decent shape they're willing to part with?

So, is this book beginning to drop in price on ebay yet? Guess I'll go look.
Selling for $60 and change. I have one ending, I will post results here later.

Edit: Currently $23.58 with 8 bids, and 10 watchers. And just under 2 hours to go.

So, is this book beginning to drop in price on ebay yet? Guess I'll go look.

still getting 50-80 per. It will probably take another week or so to lose some steam. I really can't believe it. I have sold about 10-20 of the regular cover for $25-$35 per and people are paying for them.