• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Percent Of Your....

83 posts in this topic

Out of the 20 slabs I own I have zero submissions. I have to try

a few submissions to test my grading and I still don't have the

confidence in my grading.

I think fellow collectors that submit to sell are smart to fuel their

real collecting interests.I wish I had my finances in better shape

to attend a big Comic-con to hold the comics before making

purchases just for submitting purposes.

...One day. :wishluck::luhv:

I'm with you Fazy. Never subbed a book but gonna send in a bunch this year. I've been a raw collector for a long time and never owned a CGC book until I found this place.

...slabbed books did you submit personally as opposed to buying already slabbed?

Also, numbers would be great.

I'll start.

Out of the 400 slabs I currently own, almost 90% were submitted by me raw.

I don't own that many books that I've submitted anymore but I've cracked almost all of my personal books.

(thumbs u

I currently own four...two I submitted myself (out of a total of 7 sent in over the years) and two bought or received from friends (out of another eight or so I've bought or received)

All of the bought books have been unslabbed except for a minor Mile High that I'm not sure if I want to read, and a FF 53 which I'll uncork when I want to reread that series...Still need another 25 or so books before I start my Great Fantastic Four Reread!

...slabbed books did you submit personally as opposed to buying already slabbed?

Also, numbers would be great.

I'll start.

Out of the 400 slabs I currently own, almost 90% were submitted by me raw.

Show-off! :baiting:

99 of the 223 that I consider part of my personal collection were submitted by me.

So it's 44.39%

Can you be a bit more specific?

:wishluck:

Most of the books I've had slabbed I have sold...probably about 100 or so...I'm probably down to about 200 slabs, which of the remaining about 10% I have submitted...

After I sell my THOR 127-150, I'll be about 20 slabs lighter still...

Have 3 presently on their way pending final payment...

100% purchased slabbed.

I enjoy high-grade GA and SA stuff so its hard to find stuff from that era that is in high-grade and unslabbed to begin with .... (when a high-grade book does shows up, I always ask myself the question - why don't this dealer just get it slabbed as he'll get a whole lot more ?).

There's the opinion of the grading issue.

Plus the risk associated with buying unslabbed, high-grade material and having to worry if it is been 'played' with.

So I guest for me, its not worth the hassle if there is a problem.

I'm just one that don't like suprises. I get the grade that I am buying.

- HANK