• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Percent Of Your....

83 posts in this topic

i own 5 graded books all purchased.

if i we're in the business of selling comics i'm sure it would be different.

I never looked at it as a business but more of a self funding hobby. Sell what you don't care about but others do, and buy what you like.

I never looked at it as a business but more of a self funding hobby. Sell what you don't care about but others do, and buy what you like.

That's what I'd like to do once I get a loan payed off.

That's what I'd like to do once I get a loan payed off.

i don't think i could be successful at that. i tend to think my books are a higher grade then they actually are.

I have 100 slabs in my keeper box.

All of them were raw books from the start. I then turned them into yellow label beautiful ss books.

Correction- I did buy 2 books in slab form. One was a Tim Holt from Dale Roberts (thanks) and another was on the board. I bought those because they were older books and I had to guarantee the condition.

All my ASM’s will be and have been bought graded because it just easier and cheaper a lot of time, but off course I don’t mind upgrading them once I get them. :shy:

Everything else I buy “raw.”

My latest submission of a couple HG books is for resale.

Most of the time when I submit to CGC its to sell and make some extra coin.

Nik,

This is exactly the way I do it. I sell all of the lower grade duplicates and everything else I don't really want or don't care to keep just so I can build what I do want. (thumbs u

I slabbed about a dozen of my doubles for resale but they're now sold. I've also bought about a dozen slabbed comics over the years but I broke them out immediately to file with my other comics. Therefore my answer has to be 0%.

I have 35 slabs and 9 of them I submitted. I have 3 more books at CGC right now, so the total at the end of January will be 12/38 or about 31% were submitted by me and the remainder were slabbed when I bought them.

L