• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Comics Conundrum!

36 posts in this topic

So I was talking to a friend today about the whole "the Presidency is bigger than any one man" thing and this question came to my mind:

Is your whole collection bigger than any one comic?

What if you were offered your Grails of Grails but you had to give up your whole collection (let's say it's equal to its value) to get it? Would you do it?

No

OT:

Greggy!

Hai :)

On topic:

Probably not. For as much as I would lurrrrve to get it....it's just one. And sometimes there are things more worthwhile ;) I'm a big believer in sentimental value :D

So I was talking to a friend today about the whole "the Presidency is bigger than any one man" thing and this question came to my mind:

Is your whole collection bigger than any one comic?

What if you were offered your Grails of Grails but you had to give up your whole collection (let's say it's equal to its value) to get it? Would you do it?

Of course not... I still have over 5000 books to read from my collection.

What would I do after I'd read the one grail book ?

No way, I collect BA because I grew up then, and have added to it non-stop for decades. Upgrades, multiples, new series, etc. and I enjoy looking at them for a trip down memory lane, so to trade it for a single book is :tonofbricks: .

This is a good question. I've been tempted by the thought of doing just this very thing. Especially since even though I have a ton of books, I'm not really reading them anymore. I keep meaning to but never get around to it.

I've never pulled the trigger on the idea, though. And maybe I'm going to come to regret it. But there is something to be said for quantity AND not having all eggs in one basket.

-Rob-

I'd be giving up a run of bronze/copper Batmans I bought on the newstand. No way I could replace those. So the answer is no. I'd merely save the $$$ to get the grail.

quality always wins over quantity... just depends on how much quality is in your existing quantity!

Exactly! I would trade the BULK of my collection for one book, but only after I went through and took out all of the ones-that-I-will-never-get-rid-ofs... My collection size might go down by as much three-quarters...

When I saw Filter's Marvel Comics #1, I knew that was one book I would trade all my others for. I had not thought about it until then.

There are a handful of books that I think I would be willing to make the swap for.