• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,706 posts in this topic

Just came back in the mail last night. The case is beat to mess (thanks whoever does QC at CGC, you deserve a raise!) but I love my sig and sketch and hey one of only 6,000 so yay!

11192900923_39bbe61dfe_b.jpg

Sweetness! ^^

Great book!

Just came back in the mail last night. The case is beat to mess (thanks whoever does QC at CGC, you deserve a raise!) but I love my sig and sketch and hey one of only 6,000 so yay!

11192900923_39bbe61dfe_b.jpg

Sweetness! ^^

Great book!

The top left of the book looks like a press could flatten it out and up the grade...is it the book itself that is like that or something to do with the holder?

I see on the census that there is now a 9.8 SS TMNT #1... Adam, is that yours? I know you've been planning on something like that for a while...

pubmonkey. It is with the book, like a waffle effect or something, it permeates throughout the book through both ends. That is why I was shocked it came back an 8, figured it was in the 6 territory, Yea I was thinking of sending it into CCS for a press and resub but figured I might as well wait on it a bit, or do it if Laird ever comes to NYCC (would like it to be a double sig and double sketch.

Well not a bad price for both sides of the transaction.

I know the seller expected and wanted more, but he should be happy.

(Just noticed winning bidder and underbidder low feedback - hope both are kosher for the seller's sake)

Did anyone here win it here possibly. If so congrats!

$15K is still a sizeable hunk of change.

yup, it's a good price for this book, I don't think we'll see one selling for less than that again. In 10 years we'll see it well above that as long as the population doesn't grow by many more. At that point it'll be a 40 year old book! Once all the 9.8's have been bought (from those who are submitting them) and stashed away in private collections we'll see the demand go up. There's definitely more of a market for the lower grades at this time and even those will have nowhere to go but up.

Hi, l was wondering if anyone is selling tmnt #1 first print.

Been looking for a while, don't need a 9.8 grade.

If anyone has one in cgc and looking to sell , give me a pm and maybe we can work out a deal.

Any condition would be considered.

Regards,

Wong

If anyone has one in cgc and looking to sell , give me a pm and maybe we can work out a deal.

Regards,

Wong

You, me and about 3,001 other people want one my friend.

Actually, I want many. (thumbs u

FYI - there is a 9.0 on eBay.

eBay TMNT 1 CGC 9.0

Regards,

Wong

eBay TMNT 1 CGC 9.0

That same book is here as well, only cheaper.

Regards,

Wong

eBay TMNT 1 CGC 9.0

That same book is here as well, only cheaper.

Nice, gotta love the double site sales post…

yup, it's a good price for this book, I don't think we'll see one selling for less than that again. In 10 years we'll see it well above that as long as the population doesn't grow by many more. At that point it'll be a 40 year old book! Once all the 9.8's have been bought (from those who are submitting them) and stashed away in private collections we'll see the demand go up. There's definitely more of a market for the lower grades at this time and even those will have nowhere to go but up.

I agree. That's why I had to grab it when the original buyer wanted it shipped to Canada using some weird description. However, for the right price I would let it go. I'm not pushing a sales thread, but some people may love this more than I do. Other than this copy, the other having no CGC#, this is the only one in 9.8 that has been floating around on the open market since 2011 that I have come across.

Ninja-small.jpg

I agree. That's why I had to grab it when the original buyer wanted it shipped to Canada using some weird description. However, for the right price I would let it go. I'm not pushing a sales thread, but some people may love this more than I do.

Ninja-small.jpg

Wow! (worship)

I agree. That's why I had to grab it when the original buyer wanted it shipped to Canada using some weird description. However, for the right price I would let it go. I'm not pushing a sales thread, but some people may love this more than I do. Other than this copy, the other having no CGC#, this is the only one in 9.8 that has been floating around on the open market since 2011 that I have come across.

Ninja-small.jpg

I'm not understanding your post. Did you buy this one on eBay after the original buyer had a problem? (This is the CGC serial # from the eBay auction that ended at 15K, but the winning bidder doesn't match your eBay name.)

Do you own a different CGC 9.8? Or this one? Just trying to get it right, since I'd love to add you to the TMNT #1 club! (thumbs u