• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Charleybrown said:

You just said biggest property in the last 45 years, so im assuming you meant IP. There are also Star Wars comic books. 

"Here's a ridiculous statement:  "None of those books you cited inflated in price by double after hitting the 36 year mark in the middle of a pandemic induced collectibles boom." Followed by name another pandemic

That was sarcasm and you made my point for me.

You mention how its the perfect storm for TMNT but its not just TMNT experiencing a price spike. There is serious asset price inflation which is spilling over into the collectibles market. Sports cards, magic cards, comics, toys...throw a dart and everything is spiking.  And it will come back down to earth. 

Ur forgetting that Tmnt #1 first print is only 3250

And yes that is the limiting factor why it’s  fetching massive prices. Name another book from the 6070/80s that had a lower print run 🤔🤔🤔🤔 still waiting..........

8 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Name another book from the 6070/80s that had a lower print run 🤔🤔🤔🤔 still waiting..........

Cerebus #1 by a long shot and if you are referring to non-comic books, how about the first print of the Overstreet Price Guide as I believe both of these books came in at way less than a 3,000 print run.  :gossip:

12 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I’d def be cashing out at this point . 

I’d be crying like poor ol Charlie Brown also if had a 7.0 and wanted a juicy over 9.0 grade aaaah rocks for Halloween 🎃 what’s a Charlie Brown to do... Don’t hate the players man hate the game lol 

58 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I’d def be cashing out at this point . 

As I've said before, any bets that if we take a survey, the number of boardies willing to sell a TMNT 1 for $60K (let alone the $100K that some of you are hinting at and dreaming of) is far far higher than the number of boardies willing to pick one up at these prices.  hm

23 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As I've said before, any bets that if we take a survey, the number of boardies willing to sell a TMNT 1 for $60K (let alone the $100K that some of you are hinting at and dreaming of) is far far higher than the number of boardies willing to pick one up at these prices.  hm

Amen...This is spot on.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Cerebus #1 by a long shot and if you are referring to non-comic books, how about the first print of the Overstreet Price Guide as I believe both of these books came in at way less than a 3,000 print run.  :gossip:

Cerebus #1 does not have the fan base as Tmnt does from the cartons to the toys or Nickelodeon.. Cerebus is a niche book Tmnt 1 is a grail book big big difference.. 

2 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

Amen...This is spot on.

Il be the first to say “hell no” would I sell my sweet high grade Tmnt 1 right now for 60k let alone 100k.. You wanna make presuming predictions then here it is.. Prices today like Superman 1 in 2010 were a drop in the bucket compare to what we will see 10yrs from now.. Shake and Bake that just happend!!!! 

1 minute ago, Kalel38 said:

Il be the first to say “hell no” would I sell my sweet high grade Tmnt 1 right now for 60k let alone 100k.. You wanna make presuming predictions then here it is.. Prices today like Superman 1 in 2010 were a drop in the bucket compare to what we will see 10yrs from now.. Shake and Bake that just happend!!!! 

Comparing TMNT to Superman 1....Haha in the words of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder...”never go full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point!!”

27 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

Comparing TMNT to Superman 1....Haha in the words of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder...”never go full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point!!”

Oh yah well here’s one better....And In the words of Bennet or AKA from Commando... If Matrix was here he would laugh at u too. 

30 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

How long did it take Superman 1 to hit 70k????? Hmmm let that digest for a good long week while cause I’m pretty sure it took over 35+++yrs  while Tmnt 1 did that in 35.. As Ralphie once said ooooooooo!! 👏👏😳

12 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

How long did it take Superman 1 to hit 70k????? Hmmm let that digest for a good long week while cause I’m pretty sure it took over 35+++yrs  while Tmnt 1 did that in 35.. As Ralphie once said ooooooooo!! 👏👏😳

im starting to feel like Luke Wilson in Idiocracy.... 

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Which 9.8 graded copy was there that had sold for over $70K, and if there was, do you have a link for it?  ???

The only one that I am aware of was the HA outlier that sold for $90K in August of last year, but then ended up reselling for only $59K in March of this year.  :tonofbricks:

EBay sale.

18EC4D9F-425D-441A-B71F-0982CED72BB0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

Ur forgetting that Tmnt #1 first print is only 3250

And yes that is the limiting factor why it’s  fetching massive prices. Name another book from the 6070/80s that had a lower print run 🤔🤔🤔🤔 still waiting..........

I think it was actually a 3K print run for TMNT 1 first print.

1 hour ago, Charleybrown said:

Holy this board censors the word for mentally handicapped people. What a bunch of snowflakes. “Never go full I am Sam!”

Are you talking about the “r” word? Because that word I believe is politically incorrect and an insult to those deemed special needs. Very likely several or more people on this board has a relative or knows someone like that, and use of the word would be insulting to them, not that you would care I guess because they’re just snowflakes to you.

Edited by LDarkseid1

53 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Are you talking about the “r” word? Because that word I believe is politically incorrect and an insult to those deemed special needs. Very likely several or more people on this board has a relative or knows someone like that, and use of the word would be insulting to them, not that you would care I guess because they’re just snowflakes to you.

I thought the 79k sale was deemed to be a fake sale for the purposes of manipulating gpa...correct me if I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:
6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Which 9.8 graded copy was there that had sold for over $70K, and if there was, do you have a link for it?  ???

The only one that I am aware of was the HA outlier that sold for $90K in August of last year, but then ended up reselling for only $59K in March of this year.  :tonofbricks:

EBay sale.

18EC4D9F-425D-441A-B71F-0982CED72BB0.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

I thought the 79k sale was deemed to be a fake sale for the purposes of manipulating gpa...correct me if I’m wrong.

Exactly right and glad that somebody here is paying attention to our previous posts from Page 118 of this very thread on this fake sale here that never ever actually took place.  If I remember correctly, the front cover scan was stolen from one on the CC website, while the back cover scan was stolen from the HA copy that had sold for $90K last summer.  You definitely can't pull any funny stuff here when you've got @MasterChief on the job and looking out for us:  :applause:

On 6/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, MasterChief said:

No question about it. They are an exact match.

The eBay seller swiped the Heritage image and then cropped it for his eBay listing.

Not only do the black color printing imperfection line up, so do the scanner artifacts that are visible on the slab itself.

TMNT#1_back-cover-comparison-1.jpg

TMNT#1_ebay_back-cover.jpg

TMNT#1_heritage_back-cover.jpg

4 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

No, you are missing the point here...............if you had to choose between either selling a HG copy for $60K, let along $100K or having to dig deep deep (even deeper lol) into your pocket to pick one up for that same price point, which would you do.  hm

To compare TMNT 1 to Superman 1 is completely absurb, especially when one of these books has only 2 unrestored copies slabbed in CGC 8.0 as the highest graded copies, while the other book has a whopping total of 566 unrestored copies slabbed in CGC 8.0 or higher to date and still counting.  Hopefully, I don't need to tell you which book is which, but my bet is that by the time we see a third unrestored copy of Supes 1 in CGC 8.0 or higher, we'll have well over 800 copies and possibly even close to 1,000 copies of TMNT 1 in CGC 8.0 or higher.  (thumbsu