• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

lol No, but I may have overpaid a little on some more obscure stuff; painted covers from some early 90's indie books.

This was thrown into an art deal I made yesterday. 1st print. Literally the 6th one off of the press bought from a former employee of Eastman and Laird. Came in a manila envelope with the #6 on it. I don't think anyone could really authenticate that claim, but I know the source, and he wouldn't have made that up.

QGvR6V.jpg

Strong throw-in. Are you buying Picassos?

QGvR6V.jpg

My dream book in my dream grade came in :cloud9: , upgraded courtesy of a boardie (thumbs u

2016-03-09%2013.06.35_zpswzr6uwz9.jpg

Great books guys!! Very nice!! :banana:

Here is the updated list:

TMNT #1 Club

TMNTHeritageAuction.jpg

Blue Label: 74 copies

Yellow Label: 8 copies

Purple Label: 1 copy

Raw: 13 copies

Total: 96 copies :applause:

Note: page numbers refer to default setting of 10 posts per page.

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) icculus308win (page 102) Signed by Eastman and Laird on 1st page

9.8 (W) Gump24601 (page 156)

9.8 (W) passion4comics (page 89)

9.8 (W) telerites (No pic)

9.8 (OWW) pubmonkey (page 42)

9.6 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 97) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.6 (W) Max Carnage (page 70)

9.6 (W) valiantman (page 96)

9.6 (W) Jaydogrules (page 127)

9.4 (W) Cyberjad (page 13) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.4 (W) Snikt!1988 (page 112)

9.4 (W) thirdgreenham (page 142)

9.4 (OW) Detroit Mike (page 2)

9.4 (OWW) mrmitchgro (page 69)

9.4 Rabidwolf (No pic)

9.2 (W) TMNT (page 1) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.2 (W) tornay (page 44)

9.2 (OWW) Jeffreykli (page 1)

9.2 (W) accessndx (page 62)

9.2 (W) mikeggg (page 72)

9.2 (W) 4turtles2007 (page 80)

9.2 (W) dane323 (page 86) "Don/Maggie Thompson Collection"

9.2 (W) BizarroChuck (page 116)

9.2 (OWW) Sonukumar21 (page 91)

9.2 (OWW) Chrisray2008 (page 143)

9.0 (W) Stevie K (page 143) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

9.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

9.0 (W) proventheory (page 26)

9.0 (W) JesterSB (page 45)

9.0 (W) Hulk44 (page 117)

9.0 (W) tmntcollector1 (page 164)

9.0 (OWW) hulk181man (page 27)

9.0 (OWW) jaybuck43 (page 121)

9.0 Peter Palmer (page 9)

8.5 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 98) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.5 (W) mrmitchgro (page 63, previous owner mikeggg)

8.5 (OWW) whetteon (page 29)

8.5 (OWW) spracknetch23 (page 65)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

8.0 (W) TheAmazing R.J.S. (page 33) Signed by Eastman and salutation on inside front cover

8.0 (W) rwhorn (page 105) Signed and sketch by Eastman on interior

8.0 (W) Jacey (page 106)

8.0 (W) callaway29 (page 137)

8.0 (OWW) sgcomiccollector (page 82) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 ChadH (No pic)

7.5 joker-fish (page 25) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

7.5 (W) CBass (page 138) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.5 (W) maloney414 (page 31) Signed & Sketch by Eastman on back of slab

7.5 (W) DevilsRain (page 4)

7.5 (W) slackjawcomics (page 76)

7.5 (W) Comedian (page 83)

7.5 (W) Parabellum (page 89)

7.5 (W) jedisam2013 (page 136)

7.5 (W) cannonfodder (page 145)

7.5 (OWW) metallickyrulz (page 82)

7.5 (COW) Mutie Fan (page 163)

7.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

7.0 (W) Harley Troy (page 104) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.0 (W) lookwhoitis (page 55)

7/0 (OWW) johnnymu (page 139) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior

7.0 (OWW) jjfversion1 (page 80)

7.0 (OWW) Bigmoney80 (page 141)

7.0 (CR/OW) Rmfn33 (page 85)

7.0 Ogami (No pic) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

6.5 (OWW) atrocitus (page 138)

6.0 (W) thebends1996 (page 25)

6.0 (W) The Mad Irishman (page 157)

6.0 Robbussum (page 27)

6.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

5.0 (OWW) Sauce Dog (page 111)

4.0 (OWW) Whitelanterncorps (page 158)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.2 (W) PeasOfCrap (page 77) Signed & Sketched by Eastman(4 turtles) and Laird(Splinter & Shredder)

9.2 (W) toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

9.0 (W) TrevorP24 (page 114) Signed & Sketched by Eastman. Plus, "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover.

8.0 (W) jaja-mon12 (page 98) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

7.0 (W) Archon Turtle (Page 7) Signed and sketched by Eastman

6.0 (W) Mac Man (page 8) SS Eastman only; however, signed & sketch by Laird as well

5.5 toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

5.0 ryanatlas (page 61) SS Signed by Eastman. Signed on slab by Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne & Eric Talbot (page 73)

CGC RESTORED

9.0 (W) Schmakt (No pic) Slight (A) color touch

RAW:

RockMyAmadeus (page 1)

Chainnball (page 14)

woregul (page 30) Signed w/ head sketch by Eastman + Signed w/ 4 head sketches by Laird

Mr. Comicbook (No pic)

Iggy (No pic)

Angela Rose (No pic)

TFL (No pic)

Zombikaze (No pic)

Kaylab (page 63)

4turtles2007 (page 70)

TheMasterTurtle (page 92)

Lucky Baru (page 143)

Real Elijah Snow (page 164)

Here's a topic that has probably been discussed before but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

For those that have the NM+ ratings without SS, have you at all considered breaking the slab to get Kevin and/or Peter's signature? With Kev doing the con circuit, he's a little easier to get to than the rare occasion Peter does signings. I've toyed with the idea of breaking my 9.8 before to go to a SS, but of course you run the risk of the grade being lowered and potentially losing value on the book.

(side note: Peter *may* be attending Shellback Studios for FCBD signings - no word on SS rep so far from the TMNT thread)

What's people's thoughts? Are people seriously considering this or are you happy to keep the book at it's current label/grade? I'm in Oz, so access is pretty much a deal breaker for me anyway.

I have definitely thought about this...

Shown some individuals (Boardies/Delaers) my 9.8 and listened to their thoughts on the matter upon looking at my book in hand. I didn't take their input lightly.

Of the few I asked, many know a lot more than me when it comes to the 9.8 game and the whole SS process - the majority stated basically, "If it was my book, I'd keep it as is and not chance it."

I just decided it was too risky of an endeavor for my book and since I owned a 9.6 for a few a years.....I don't want an SS 9.6 in lieu of my blue 9.8.

Again, this is just going off my copy.

Here's a topic that has probably been discussed before but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

For those that have the NM+ ratings without SS, have you at all considered breaking the slab to get Kevin and/or Peter's signature? With Kev doing the con circuit, he's a little easier to get to than the rare occasion Peter does signings. I've toyed with the idea of breaking my 9.8 before to go to a SS, but of course you run the risk of the grade being lowered and potentially losing value on the book.

(side note: Peter *may* be attending Shellback Studios for FCBD signings - no word on SS rep so far from the TMNT thread)

What's people's thoughts? Are people seriously considering this or are you happy to keep the book at it's current label/grade? I'm in Oz, so access is pretty much a deal breaker for me anyway.

I don't have a 9.8 (just a lowly 9.0) but do what I did, have them sign a second print. It looks virtually identical, less stress if the grade drops during the signing, and keeps your pool wider for resale on the 9.8 (remember there are those who only buy blue label)

11192900923_39bbe61dfe_c.jpg

(I have a Laird signed and remarked 3rd print somewhere that's a 9.4, can't find the picture at the moment though.)

I have to agree with icculus308win and jaybuck43 it just is not worth the risk, at least that's how I feel. The price difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 is quite abit that would feel scary losing. If there is even a slight chance for whatever reason the book comes back a 9.6 instead of a 9.8 (not saying it will or should) its just not worth the risk, and there is always a risk cracking a 9.8 and getting it signed. At the end of the day ask yourself if you would feel happy with a 9.6 SS, if the answer is yes then do it, but if you have to see that 9.8 grade don't risk it. I do like Jaybuck43's idea of getting a second print signed, heck you can even get a 9.8 SS on that, would still look awesome, not cheap of course but at least you wouldn't have to risk your 9.8 first print.

I just have a side question slightly related, I have seen this done on a couple tmnt 1 first print and other print slabs before, people would get Keven's and/or Peter's signature on the actual slab itself on one of the corners. This way there is no risk, you still get to see that blue label with the grade you have. Is this worth doing? worse case its just some marker on a outer plastic case and not on the actual book. I am debating on doing this or just leaving it as is, what are your thoughts? I probably wouldn't do this even on a 9.8 just to keep the case looking clean but for anything below...

I just have a side question slightly related, I have seen this done on a couple tmnt 1 first print and other print slabs before, people would get Keven's and/or Peter's signature on the actual slab itself on one of the corners. This way there is no risk, you still get to see that blue label with the grade you have. Is this worth doing? worse case its just some marker on a outer plastic case and not on the actual book. I am debating on doing this or just leaving it as is, what are your thoughts? I probably wouldn't do this even on a 9.8 just to keep the case looking clean but for anything below...

I think I actually prefer having the signature(s) on the slab...kind of the best of both worlds. You're getting their signature but you're not altering the book itself in any permanent way. I wish they did Sig. Series labels with a sealed panel on the front of the slab for signatures (instead of signing the actual book).

I think I actually prefer having the signature(s) on the slab...kind of the best of both worlds. You're getting their signature but you're not altering the book itself in any permanent way. I wish they did Sig. Series labels with a sealed panel on the front of the slab for signatures (instead of signing the actual book).

hm I think you've got something there.

It makes sense right, the actual book does not get signed but you still get that sketch "connected" to your tmnt 1 first print, without any risk or harm to the book. I like that idea of having the panel that's directly casing the book signed then that can be given a sig series label, I wish they did that too.

That is another thing I have considered too. (thumbs u

I was thinking something on the back of the slab even.

For me personally, it would be just as cool having their sigs and or sketches sharpied onto the slab.

Hadn't thought about getting the back of the slab signed hm , that sounds pretty good to do aswell (thumbs u