• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

When TMNT #1 does start moving up across all the grades, there won't be a flood of them to the market (like the flood of NM #98, BA #12, etc.), so I don't expect them to (ever) come back down. It's definitely when, not if. :whee:

TMNT #1 is like Hulk #181 with the scarcity of AF #15. lol

I'll guess $15K. There are lots of buyers who seem to want to pay $2K to $3K to own an authentic first print in the mid grades. There are very few who seem to want to own the best copies on the census. Not sure why, other than the cost required at that upper level. When the big money guys get "modern enough" to go after TMNT #1... look out.

I think because its rarer than even most silverage books people like owning a copy regardless of grade. That why theres not much of a difference in prices until you get to 9.6. An 8.5 will sell for a little under 3.5k while a 9.4 will sell for 5-5.5k. I cant think of any other book where the percentage gaps are so close.

Wasn't the highest sale $22,7something?

And wasn't that associated with the first 9.8 ever sold?

(9.8 turtle #1 sales really are all over the fricken map)

Sounds about right. Not a lot of data on GPA for this book. Prices do seem to be on the rise in certain grades. One of the tougher books to get a feel for, especially since they're so limited compared to other keys.

Wasn't that $22K copy the one that looks to actually be a 3rd printing? Or am I thinking of something else?

Edited by rwhorn

Wasn't that $22K copy the one that looks to actually be a 3rd printing? Or am I thinking of something else?

Also, I'm not sure which copy you guys are talking about right now. I only see the eBay listing at $7,995 that was linked on the previous page. ???

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dteenage%2Bmutant%2Bninja%2Bturtles%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1101763&id=1101763

Just checked highest sale was indeed from the first sale of a TMNT 9.8, $22,752 in 2011.

According to guy name Google, I see $17,925 in 2012 and $13,088 in 2013.

(I'm sure GPA has more recorded. My book is not because it was acquired via trade for my 9.6, than cash and two or three books)

Moral again - this book is so erratic in 9.8. Almost a $10k spread - for a Copper book!

The power of Turtles..........TURTLE POWER:)