• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

Well, when you've seen Todd as much as I have the last 2 months, it happened quite easily... :) The Cap was the 1st one he did for a $10 donation, the others were from private signings where he charged more. He did a great Norman Osborn that is being snapped up, and when I saw that one, I just handed him money to draw... :)

Joel

Went to a small show this weekend. Not a lot to do, but I did pick up my commissioned sketches and a few others on some damaged Dark Avengers I got recently, so I thought I'd share.

By Mike Moreno. He's an aspiring comic writer, but at shows he "kills you with a bunny while you wait". For fun, he draws 1-panel cartoons with celebrities, friends, comic characters, and holiday icons being killed by this little bunny. Some are pretty funny. Anyway, here's his first blank cover sketch:

scan0001-1.jpg

I picked these up from Michael Champion at the show. These are posted earlier in the thread, but the scans are better resolution here. The Goblin was always mine, but I broke down and bought the Venom at the show. The cool thing about that one that doesn't come out in the scan is the black costume side has raised lines where the webs on the red suit would be. You can only see it under a certain light. Pretty cool.

th_scan0004-1.jpgth_scan0005-1.jpg

He also did an awesome Comedian for a friend of mine in his sketchbook. If I can get a scan, I'll be sure to post it somewhere.

Last one I got this weekend, but a very pleasant surprise as he was unannounced: James O'Barr. This is the first time I was able to pick up a sketch for myself (they're always for others). Also bought a cool print.

scan0003-1.jpg

I picked these up from Michael Champion at the show. These are posted earlier in the thread, but the scans are better resolution here. The Goblin was always mine, but I broke down and bought the Venom at the show. The cool thing about that one that doesn't come out in the scan is the black costume side has raised lines where the webs on the red suit would be. You can only see it under a certain light. Pretty cool.

th_scan0004-1.jpgth_scan0005-1.jpg

He also did an awesome Comedian for a friend of mine in his sketchbook. If I can get a scan, I'll be sure to post it somewhere.

Both are very different from the norm, that's what makes them so cool.

Great pick ups. (thumbs u

Hey Guys,

I treated myself to an early B'day present, and asked our very own Bill (Dinh, aka Billy the Kidd) months ago to do a piece for me. All I can write (and say) is WOW.... thanks sooo much Bill, this rocks!!!

Catwoman.jpg

(worship) (worship)