• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

All your sketches are great!!!

Turtle Sketch by Peter Laird and Painted (yes, painted) by Steve Lavigne

100_0515.jpg

Don't tell NYComics I did this (he hates back cover sketches), but here's a shot of the back...Casey Jones by Kevin Eastman

100_0516.jpg

All you guy's sketches are incredible, but this one is just priceless. (worship)

A great sketch of the Thing by industry legend and all around class act, Joe Sinnott. I helped him with his bag when he was getting off the the bus on Sunday. I stopped by and saw him that same morning and asked for a sketch. His son said "no", but Joe said that he'd do one for me since I "was such a nice young man".

Thanks to Cavan for the tip on asking for the Thing and to Secret Son for helping me get the sketch.

100_0517.jpg

I'm glad it all worked out. I was great meeting you and your girlfriend.

Danny,

It was good to meet you this weekend, even if it was brief. Maybe we can pick a less-intense show for you to show me the ropes.

Let's get some names on these sketches, though.

1) Nice Chris Giarrusso. I've been a Goblin fan for years, so I can't wait to see what sketches of him emerge in the coming months. Who colored this one?

2) Mike Deodato Jr. I loved his art in Amazing Spider-man, but I never got around to his booth this weekend. Maybe next time.

3) Todd Nauck. I wanted to get something from him all weekend, but his line was always long and I never had a way to get a witness with me and hold my spot in line. Tragic!

4) Nice Sentry, but I don't recognize the sig.

And thanks to everyone for the compliments! I'm feeling really good about my haul for my first BIG con.

-Adam

Danny,

It was good to meet you this weekend, even if it was brief. Maybe we can pick a less-intense show for you to show me the ropes.

Let's get some names on these sketches, though.

1) Nice Chris Giarrusso. I've been a Goblin fan for years, so I can't wait to see what sketches of him emerge in the coming months. Who colored this one? TOM SMITH painted it with watercolor

2) Mike Deodato Jr. I loved his art in Amazing Spider-man, but I never got around to his booth this weekend. Maybe next time.

3) Todd Nauck. I wanted to get something from him all weekend, but his line was always long and I never had a way to get a witness with me and hold my spot in line. Tragic!

4) Nice Sentry, but I don't recognize the sig. Jamal Igle

And thanks to everyone for the compliments! I'm feeling really good about my haul for my first BIG con.

-Adam

Come down to MegaCon, FX or HeroesCon...and get my number. Issa and Etan had me on becon call for SS books :)

I have your number. Called you 3 times with no response on Friday :baiting:

I'm just givin' you a hard time. I know how busy things get and how tough it can be to even know that your phone is going off at a con.

I don't know what my next show will be, I think I have another submission for you. I'll PM you in a bit.

Nice sketches, by the way!

My NYCC haul. All off to cgc. Huge thanks to Par2ch for witnessing. I was indeed calling him like a maniac. :grin: But as busy as he was (and was he ever,) he still came through. (thumbs u

Simone Bianchi - Batman

DarkAvengers1-SimoneBianchiBatmanSk.jpg

Sean Chen - Wolverine

DarkAvengers1-SeanChenWolverineSket.jpg

Ivan Reis - Atrocitus

DarkAvengers1-IvanReisAtrocitusSket.jpg

My personal fave: Phillip Tan - Green Lantern (sorry about the camera flash)

DarkAvengers1-PhillipTanGreenLanter.jpg

Is that you, Eton (I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.)? It was good to meet you this weekend. Nice sketches!

-Adam

Yep, its me. And you did spell my name correctly. :) it was a pleasure meeting you too. I didn't get a chance to see your sketches in person, so I'm glad to see them here. Absolutely beautiful.

The only person I saw get a Jim Lee sketch was brook lopez, the center on the New jersey Nets. I'll post a pic later. That bad boy was siiiiiiiick.

The only person I saw get a Jim Lee sketch was brook lopez, the center on the New jersey Nets. I'll post a pic later. That bad boy was siiiiiiiick.

Brook Lopez! Jim probably freaked out when he looked up and saw a 7 footer staring down at him :lol:

Yeah, it was a great piece. I was kinda jealous since I asked Jim for a sketch like 15 minutes earlier, to which he declined politely. But Jim was put on the spot since Lopez was being filmed at the time as well. I ended up talking to Lopez's brother, Alex, for like 10 minutes. He's a cool dude. Big Neal Adams fan. Got a pic w/ Brook also.

Damn! Peter that Sinnott sketch is killer, I'm glad you took my advice to get the Thing. I was lucky to get my sketch of Nick Fury on Saturday, his arm was cramping up after he did NYComics's sketch. He said that he felt bad that i was waiting all day for a sketch from him. I feel less guilty knowing that i wasn't the last one that got a sketch from him.

Here is mine (on it's way to be slabed)

DSC02574.jpg