• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL - What major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?  

606 members have voted

1. 1. Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

88 posts in this topic

Punisher has already lost a lot of popularity from his early 90s peak - and the latest movie didn't help - so I'm not sure how much more he has to lose.

Some of the other choices aren't exactly setting the world on fire now - so it's a tough call to say they will be less popular.

I think Human Torch is an easy choice. Even in the movies, he's not the star.

I also went with Daredevil because he's more of a die hard comics fan favorite who wanes with the storylines. (As someone here said much better.) And, really, if you're a kid, who wants to be the "blind" superhero? (Do kids still pretend their superheroes? :lol I know we used to back in the 70's. And, yes, if we were at the pool, Aquaman did get chosen more than once.)

The Punisher was my 3rd choice. I've never gotten his appeal. He's ok by me but he seems a poster boy for the Early 90's Comic Era. (Which I missed.)

Wonder Woman, Punisher and Green Lantern.

Wonder woman, Spider-Man, Human Torch.

Green Lantern is about to hit 10 on the meter with Blackest Night. This WILL be the main book of 2009, hands down.

And i say Spider-Man, just because. Im not much a fan, his "fans" seem to hate his book, and his last movie sucked rocks. Not the most winning recipe for success. I do however like his current series, but many people dropped him with the whole BND.

I'm not sure why all of you are bashing Punisher, and I'm not writing this just because I picked up a cherry ASM 129 at the con this weekend.

Of course this latest movie was lame, I'm not even sure how it got distribution as it had "direct to dvd" written all over it. BUT all it takes is a guy like Chris Nolan or the like to revamp the film series, perhaps base it on the great graphic novels by Garth Ennis. What I do see happening is exactly what was just mentioned, that Spidey 5 will, and I mean WILL, have either a cameo, or a much larger role for Punisher. I'll take a bet with each one of you that 3 other characters will lose more popularity than Punny boy.

I like DD too, hopefully they'll revamp that film line as well (I think it will happen). What happens if the Thor movie sucks?? What happens if Nolan's done with the Bat?? Time will tell. As for me, I'll keep on enjoyin all of the Ennis storylines. They're as gritty as anything I've read in the last two years.

Wonder Woman, DD, Thor.

The Bat ain't going anywhere.

1.) BATS 4EVER :headbang:

2.) DD is a nice character, but.........naahhh.....

3.) Wonder Woman?

Though she ain´t got good stories and none really cares about this character, she´s way too sexy to leave the stage AND is DC´s only female maincharacter.

4.) Thor has always been such a lame person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed meh

I was thinking Green Lantern as well, then I quickly remembered the cartoon that was on this morning with Batman and Green Lantern. I think GL, Superman, Batman are all getting in front of alot more kids these days than the Marvel characters are, atleast on television. 20 years from now those kids will be reminiscing about how they used to watch Green Lantern in their morning cartoons...

Wonder Woman, DD, Thor.

The Bat ain't going anywhere.

1.) BATS 4EVER :headbang:

2.) DD is a nice character, but.........naahhh.....

3.) Wonder Woman?

Though she ain´t got good stories and none really cares about this character, she´s way too sexy to leave the stage AND is DC´s only female maincharacter.

4.) Thor has always been such a lame person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed meh

The Rucka Wonder Woman line was quite good.

Except for spiderman, new audiences are no longer buying men in tights, seriously..teeenagers can't stand that look, I don't blame them, it worked for the 50s, today, it's more of a hard core hero people want..darmn, kids are almost rooting fot the bad guy nowadays..

Punisher

Punisher, Wonder Woman and Daredevil. I love DD but it seems nobody else does.

I also thought I was the only one who liked DD. (besides Ghost town...man his sets are fantabulous!) Glad to hear there are actually quite a few of us via this post!!!