• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide???

122 posts in this topic

It amazes me that the Tec35 would be a 5x guide book. :screwy:

I realize it's a popular book of course but the cover really does nothing for me. (shrug)

:o it is one of the greatest Classic Covers of the entire GA

bondage

hypodermic needle

long-eared Batman

great colors and intense theme / cover action scene

...it's just wonderful, and I love it :luhv: ( obviously -- see my avatar )

yeah, but the bondage is a dude tied up, not a woman. :sick:

still one of the best GA book though. (thumbs u

What are the first five Golden Age books, unrestored, that come to mind that generally commands the highest multiples above guide, particularly low to mid grade copies??? To put it another way, what are the top five underpriced/underrated books judging by what they typically sell for when offered on the market? What say you? hm

The five below in my signature lol

It wasn't back in late 2004 when I sold my CGC Universal 2.5 copy. :frustrated::cry:

Pardon my french but "damn it", I wish I still had that book!!! doh!

Don't feel bad John. I sold my Blue 3.0 copy on the link the same year and I only got "2x" for that copy :P

I realize it's a popular book of course but the cover really does nothing for me. (shrug)

I agree but it does. I'd much prefer a #31.

sure, but 31 already is higher in guide, so it doesn't command the multiples... tec 35 never got that big "guide jump" it needs

Where does Suspense Comics #3 rank in this subject??? hm

One of Schomburg's top 3 war covers of all time..typically commands multiple guide...inside art (but for one LB Cole story) is shotty though :P

As Gator says, "buy the book not the label". In this case, "buy the cover, not the inside stories" lol

bondage

hypodermic needle

long-eared Batman

I agree Steve. John, Tec 35 is neck in neck with Tec 31 as arguably the best Bat covers of all time. And the Tec 35 splash has to be the best Bat splash of all time ;)

Smoking .45 pistol (thumbs u

Detectuve_35_Splash_B-1.jpg

bondage

hypodermic needle

long-eared Batman

yeah, but the bondage is a dude tied up, not a woman. :sick:

still one of the best GA book though. (thumbs u

Yep, the one knock on the 35 if I had to pick one out...Kane should have drawn a girl tied up instead of Professor dude :makepoint:

Why not Captain America 1? I never even see low grades for sale.

Too common.

yep, too "common"..although Bat 1s are just as common as Cap 1s and Bat 1s seem to have been going for slight guide premiums (even in low grade)...I predict Cap 1's across the board will go for higher prices if the Cap movie is a hit :wishluck:

Action #20 should be taken into consideration for this thread. I can't remember what the 4.5 sold for on the comiclink auction a few months ago but, it seems like it was about 5x guide.

Action #20 should be taken into consideration for this thread. I can't remember what the 4.5 sold for on the comiclink auction a few months ago but, it seems like it was about 5x guide.

My low grade #20 barely realized 1.4x a few weeks ago :P Detached cover though was not too appealing though...I think that 4.5 copy went north of $3000 hm