• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Just joined in on the rankings on the TMNT #1-62. Starting off at #8, soon to working my way up. Peter Palmer... I'm coming for your spot..... in my dreams.

I welcome the friendly competition. :) Bring it on!

This is my first post here. Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread.

Can anyone tell me how much they think this is worth?

TMNT 1 1st print signed sketched

Hard to tell what grade it is.. While TMNT #1 are hard to find and yes, you can get them autographed, considering that the autographs are from 2006, it isn't as rare as if someone had it signed when it first came out when Laird and Eastman were still together.. I wouldn't pay that much for it.. especially without a grade..

Yeah, when I found it they said it was for a movie but with the recent sale of the property and the fact that the face looks too brutal for the pizza eating party dudes that the movies are about had me skeptical. Whatever it is, I like it :)

Ok, so I was about to type that the head looked like a mixture of the movie style turtles and the turtles that Michael Zulli drew in the original run. While googling to show everyone an example of what Zulli's turtles look like, guess what I found:

Some guy's flickr account

He mentions that he's obsessed with the ninja turtles and made this custom based on Zulli's designs. It's not the same thing, but the style is quite similar.

By the way, here are Zulli's turtles for those who haven't seen. Much more turtle than man compared to most incarnations:

51kD3gU47BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Peter:

Thank you for accepting the challenge you are sure to keep winning at. Looking forward to coming up in the ranks

Woregul:

It's tough to say w.o a grade what its really worth. I have saved market data on TMNT books for the past year. On average a 9.0 goes for $1,500 . and BTW, this is twodope of ebay, I will get you the scans of the #4 misprint today.

Dupont:

That picture is from a college student's project. He sculpted it for school and came out and killed all the rumors not too long after they started about this mask possibly being for the the new movie.

BTW. For the new movie they are using "Face replacement technology" much like with the movie "Where The Wild Things Are". The mask and sculpt are sick though. I think he sold that sculpt on eBay... or my memory is wrong and I came across like much like Peter did.

Edited by DJB

DJB, you'll also have to compete with me. Right now I'm only missing 15 books from the 1 - 62 run. Each book I own so far is 9.8 with white pages (no off white pages for me) so I think in the next couple of years i'll have all the books with that exact rating except for #1 which will take me longer to achieve but I'll get there.

I have books that are 9.8 with white pages that have been signed by every TMNT artist that ever did the first series run too but I only have a handful of them signed and graded. This is because I feel the sigs detract from the great artwork on the cover and despite what others might say, I've seen the signatures bleed through and damage the comics underneath over time so I feel that a 9.8 rating on those books are kinda pointless anyway as down the road they will become less than mint from the signature ink bleed-throughs. So having a universal grade 9.8 is better since it will stand the test of time.

I haven't registered my collection with these boards yet. I hope to complete it first and then get my name at the top of the list. I look forward to seeing your progress.

AWESOME! I enjoy seeing others progress in this series as well as my own. I don't have much right now.

#2-9 @ 9.6

#10 @ 9.8

#4 Misprint @ 9.6

Soon to be graded are:

#1 1st

#1 2nd

#1 5th

#1 6th

#3 NYCC

#4 Misprint (another)

#7 2nd

I started off only wanting to get the first 12 graded. Now I feel the itching sensation of completing all 62. Damn do my obsessions get the best of me.

Woregul:

It's tough to say w.o a grade what its really worth. I have saved market data on TMNT books for the past year. On average a 9.0 goes for $1,500 . and BTW, this is twodope of ebay, I will get you the scans of the #4 misprint today.

Id like to know where you can find a graded 9.0 for $1,500! :insane:

Mega kudos go out to Danny (TMNT) for helping me get a grail of mine. I try not to use the word "grail" very often, but as far as TMNT comics go, I'm not sure how else do describe these. At last, my very own set of Gobbledygook #1 and #2.

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

excitedclapping.gif<---me when these arrived

Thanks Danny!

I just showed my computer "My OH face!"

Congrats man! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Awesome books man :)

DJB, you'll also have to compete with me. Right now I'm only missing 15 books from the 1 - 62 run. Each book I own so far is 9.8 with white pages (no off white pages for me) so I think in the next couple of years i'll have all the books with that exact rating except for #1 which will take me longer to achieve but I'll get there.

I have books that are 9.8 with white pages that have been signed by every TMNT artist that ever did the first series run too but I only have a handful of them signed and graded. This is because I feel the sigs detract from the great artwork on the cover and despite what others might say, I've seen the signatures bleed through and damage the comics underneath over time so I feel that a 9.8 rating on those books are kinda pointless anyway as down the road they will become less than mint from the signature ink bleed-throughs. So having a universal grade 9.8 is better since it will stand the test of time.

I haven't registered my collection with these boards yet. I hope to complete it first and then get my name at the top of the list. I look forward to seeing your progress.

I look forward to seeing your collection. It sounds more complete than mine. Well done! :cloud9:

When you say you're missing 15 from the original run, are you only counting first prints or are you taking all prints into account? I never did a count that way until you mentioned it, but as far as 9.8's go, I'm missing 17 issues not counting all printings and 29 issues if you're counting everything in the current registry. I like to think I'm not doing too bad considering there are 24 slots in the registry that don't have 9.8's at all. It's sad that a 9.8 set can't be formed from existing slabs right now, but I'm happy to know that there's at least one person out there trying to put one together with me. :banana:

I own the only 9.8's for 9 slots in the registry for TMNT 1-62. I have doubles of a few, so maybe we can help each other out. hm

I look forward to seeing your collection. It sounds more complete than mine. Well done! :cloud9:

When you say you're missing 15 from the original run, are you only counting first prints or are you taking all prints into account? I never did a count that way until you mentioned it, but as far as 9.8's go, I'm missing 17 issues not counting all printings and 29 issues if you're counting everything in the current registry. I like to think I'm not doing too bad considering there are 24 slots in the registry that don't have 9.8's at all. It's sad that a 9.8 set can't be formed from existing slabs right now, but I'm happy to know that there's at least one person out there trying to put one together with me. :banana:

I own the only 9.8's for 9 slots in the registry for TMNT 1-62. I have doubles of a few, so maybe we can help each other out. hm

I would be interested. But I'm not trying to get a strict 9.8 throughout. Thats out of my league. So far I'm doing good with 9.6s. I'm trying to keep my collection 9.4 +. But my #1 I feel will grade a 9.0 .

Cyberjad - See? I wasn't that far off with my estimated current value. Well at least comparative to what that person is trying to sell the book for.

I did see 2 raw books owner graded at 9.0 each sell for $1,800 each on ebay . Something to take into consideration.

[quote=DJB

Cyberjad - See? I wasn't that far off with my estimated current value. Well at least comparative to what that person is trying to sell the book for.

I did see 2 raw books owner graded at 9.0 each sell for $1,800 each on ebay . Something to take into consideration.

Yea man I have not seen a 9.0 sell for less than around 1800. For $1500 it would be worth picking up just to flip.

The GPA average for last year was $1850 and the last copy sold for $2200, with the low for this year beign $1801. Im just saying if you know where to get one for $1500 let me know :applause:

Right! I'm surprised no one has bought that book. Everyone is buying the raw books from the guy that has been pointed out on here as selling opened cgc books.

Hes listed at least 3 #1s this month all of which have sold between $6-800.

As for movie news, nothing big. The first -script was turned down and new writers have taken over.

Apparently someone from those technodrome boards have stated they have somewhat of an inside on it. He said that someone "very close to the turtles" saw the rejected -script as being the best he's ever read.

Makes me think its Kevin Eastman as I'm pretty sure this guys knows him.

I'm hoping for a PG13 movie. Of course R would be a dream come true. But that would never happen.