• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,352 posts in this topic

Not exactly a TMNT book, but I thought I'd post it here for those who don't check the sig room. Here's a sketch from the forum's very own Bill Dinh (Billy the Kidd):

DarkAvengers1-DinhTMNT.jpg

DarkAvengers1-DinhTMNTBC.jpg

Every time I see this Adam, I keep thinking how cool it would look if the Shredder was above the turtles looking down on them...

Bill really hit it out of the park on this one. And I still kick myself because I remember I was going to get a sketch from him right when he first started, but I wasn't able to ship my sketch book to him before leaving for vacation and then it just never happened. :tonofbricks:

Ohh....... gotcha.

Well, then....

I don't know how many of you saw this, but I was about 9 or 10 and dragged my poor dad to see the Syracuse War Memorial to watch their concert. We also made him drive around the back near where the crew's buses were to wait over an hour to see the Turtles get on the bus. Never quite clicked that the performers would take off their outfits BEFORE getting on the bus.

lol

I am SO going to pay for putting him through this when MY boy gets older... lol

Edited by Mac Man

Nice! Every time I see a graded Turtlemania, I kick myself for missing that 9.8 offered here on the boards last year. Missed it by 20 minutes. :cry:

Great books!

It's about time I posted some of my turtle comics here. And here is the "special" pride and joy of my collection, though it's not in the best condition (shrug)

n1_c_001.jpg

n1_c_frontinsidecover_001.jpg

n1_c_backinsidecover_001.jpg

n1_c_back_001.jpg

Off the top of your head, what condition may this be, about? I am definitely going to try to get it slabbed.

-Pete

It's about time I posted some of my turtle comics here. And here is the "special" pride and joy of my collection, though it's not in the best condition (shrug)

n1_c_back_001.jpg

Off the top of your head, what condition may this be, about? I am definitely going to try to get it slabbed.

-Pete

6.5?

The upper right back cover crease has me kinda concerned.

I picked up some Martial Arts Official Training Manuels for Donetello, Michaelangelo and Raphael (as well as one for the whole team). Also a How to draw the TMNT's comic.

Anyone know much about these?

Also got a first print of the Raphael #1!

Thanks

n1_c_back_001.jpg

-Pete

6.5?

Hmmm. Doesn't anyone notice anything else "special" about this comic? Except the little turtle :P

Ok... I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Up until JUST NOW, I never noticed the Shredder shadow on the back cover.

doh!

That is really funny :grin: However, I am going to give away the special "secret" tomorrow.

Until then, the first person that guesses what makes this copy 'special" will win one of these:

sig_turtles_productshot.jpg

mmmm should be incentive enough!

Ok... I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Up until JUST NOW, I never noticed the Shredder shadow on the back cover.

doh!

That is really funny :grin: However, I am going to give away the special "secret" tomorrow.

Until then, the first person that guesses what makes this copy 'special" will win one of these:

It's a 1st print (shrug) That is special enough I think. :)

doh!

It's a 1st print (shrug) That is special enough I think. :)

I'm going to guess it's not a 1st print after all.

n1_c_back_001.jpg

-Pete

6.5?

Hmmm. Doesn't anyone notice anything else "special" about this comic? Except the little turtle :P

Counterfeit?