• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Six years ago, I sold all my comics and original comic art to start my business.

A month ago, I accidentally got into this forum and was reminded that my favorite childhood heroes had a comic book. I kinda knew that they had a comic when I was younger. However, it was soon forgotten because the comic was out of my price range at that time.

So I spent nights reading all the TMNT posts on the forum and constantly harassing other forum members for their knowledge and advice.

After weeks of research and finally coming to a conclusion of what grade I should get, the exact comic show up on the bay a couple days later.

And without further delay, I introduce my first comic in 6 years and first slabbed book ever, my first TMNT #1:

IMAG0604-1.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

Thank you to all the members who took the time to pm me back and answer all my questions.

:cloud9:

Edited by proventheory

Six years ago, I sold all my comics and original comic art to start my business.

A month ago, I accidentally got into this forum and was reminded that my favorite childhood heroes had a comic book. I kinda knew that they had a comic when I was younger. However, it was soon forgotten because the comic was out of my price range at that time.

So I spent nights reading all the TMNT posts on the forum and constantly harassing other forum members for their knowledge and advice.

After weeks of research and finally coming to a conclusion of what grade I should get, the exact comic show up on the bay a couple days later.

And without further delay, I introduce my first comic in 6 years and first slabbed book ever, my first TMNT #1:

IMAG0604-1.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

Thank you to all the members who took the time to pm me back and answer all my questions.

Very nice man and congrats!

Edited by thebends1996

IMAG0604-1.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

IMHO, that is a Helleva book to start out with after a six year hiatus!! :applause: Congratulations and welcome back. (thumbs u

Just scored Michaelangelo 9.6 and Donatello 9.6 one shots on eBay from Heritage.

The TMNT 9.6+ collection continues to grow.

I still haven't sent out my other books for grading. I will be doing that soon as I am highly anticipating more slabs.

Very nice! Keep it up!

I keep a spreadsheet of TMNT vol. 1. It shows me the issue numbers, the top census grade for each issue, and how many copies of that top grade there are. I was updating the spreadsheet for the first time in a few months earlier today and I noticed that submissions for the first 9 issues really went up. 9.8's for 2, 3, and 4 increased pretty drastically...about 10 each or so just within the last few months and there's even been a second Universal 9.8 #9 found. At the beginning of the year, there weren't any 9.8's, now there are 3!

There was a #2 9.8 at the beginning of the year that sold for $700 on Ebay. I think that spiked submissions at least for that issue. Do you think it could have caused increased submissions for some of the other early issues? Is there any other reason submissions may have spiked?