• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Which brings me to this point. Do you think somehow (even if what the dude said wasn't true), that either Kevin or Peter (or both) somehow contributed to the fakes being created? It seems a lot harder to create those because a photocopy would do a crappy job. Then, you would have to print on the same paper/size as well, maybe use the exact same printer etc?

What do you think?

Not a chance. Because they had a relationship with the original printer, there would be no reason for them to make counterfeits (should they have wanted to be shady). They wouldn't go through the trouble of making new books with slight variations when they could just as easily just made more "first print" issues using the original printer.

I keep tabs on the TMNT market on eBay, as I sell a few TMNT books on there often as of late. Including my Full RUN of Vol. 1

Anyways, figured I'd point out a few interesting auctions.

Off of recent topic, but I believe this #1 COUNTERFEIT COPY ? , on ebay. He was originally asking $3000. For some reason he has jumped the price to $3,300

Awhile back I had asked about the legitimacy of this book and asked for more pictures. The short, and rude response confirmed it for me.

9.0 sold for $1,800+

9.2 currently 0 bids @ $1,500

8.0 #4 misprint UNDER $30

Ungraded Misprint close to $150 ?????

I sold about 6 of those on ebay. Highest sale was $110. Lowest $65

Was there any useful information in his response or was it all rude? I had the same thought (that it was a counterfeit), and I've been looking for one, but it's priced too high.

I'm not sure if you've got a question about the other auctions you posted. (shrug)

I have been following the 9.2 on Ebay as I was thinking taking a stab. No feedback, no one is bidding and this fellow did not respond to my request for clearer pictures of the label and comic. I think I am going to pass... :sorry:

Edited by Sanj Mitra

Which is a steal. I bid like $2303, and if I didn't bid the winner would have got it for $2,000. Too bad I'm short on cash, I really wanted it and, I'm sure it's worth way more.

If anyone has that GPA(?) thing you can check the value. I'm guessing it's around $2,800+

-Pete

Which is a steal. I bid like $2303, and if I didn't bid the winner would have got it for $2,000. Too bad I'm short on cash, I really wanted it and, I'm sure it's worth way more.

If anyone has that GPA(?) thing you can check the value. I'm guessing it's around $2,800+

-Pete

GPA is right around $2,300-2,400.

-Pete

GPA is right around $2,300-2,400.

One copy did sell about a year or 2 ago in the 2800 range. Either way nice book for $2400. Congrats to the winner!

Something I've been curious about for a while...

Why does this book list the first appearance, origin, and "death" of the Turtlenator (a very minor TMNT character overall)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles34.jpg

When this one doesn't even list April O'Neil (a major character) or Baxter Stockman (granted not very major in Volume 1, but hugely impactful throughout the TMNT universe):

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02.jpg

It seems like the appearance notations on TMNT slabs are a bit lacking. However, if the books aren't submitted regularly and the knowledge isn't as common as, say, Spider-man characters, then how is CGC to know? I think from here on out, when I submit a TMNT book with a notable first appearance, I'll be sure to note it on the invoice. Now I just need to know which ones I'm missing. People here can help me do a little research, feel free to list it here. I'll be sure to note the appearances on the labels if I resubmit any existing slabs, too.

April O'Neil - TMNT #2 - Major Character

Baxter Stockman - TMNT #2 - Definitely a noteworthy character (more so than the Mousers, I'd say)

Klunk (Mikey's cat) - Michaelangelo 1-shot - Laugh if you want, but Klunk really helped to define Mikey's character, especially in his first and last appearances.

Leatherhead - Tales of the TMNT #6 - a recurring character very much tied to the core story of the Turtles.

Karai - TMNT #??? (Sometime during the City at War storyline, I'll have to check) - A recurring role from City at War pretty well on to the end of the series.

There are plenty of others. If you think a TMNT character/event is important enough to be listed on the CGC label, put the character/event and the issue here. I'd appreciate it. :)

April O'Neil - TMNT #2 - Major Character

Baxter Stockman - TMNT #2 - Definitely a noteworthy character (more so than the Mousers, I'd say)

Klunk (Mikey's cat) - Michaelangelo 1-shot - Laugh if you want, but Klunk really helped to define Mikey's character, especially in his first and last appearances.

Leatherhead - Tales of the TMNT #6 - a recurring character very much tied to the core story of the Turtles.

Karai - TMNT #??? (Sometime during the City at War storyline, I'll have to check) - A recurring role from City at War pretty well on to the end of the series.

I've had good luck sending label notes like that straight to Gemma - she verifies them, and if they're correct, they usually end up as the new standard going forward ... I think CGC in general is grateful for any label input that we give them - especially in regards to indie books.

Thanks, Michael. I'll keep that in mind. I'll likely have a mid-sized TMNT submission around the first of the year and I'll be sure to send a PM along with notes on the invoice.

The first volume of Tales of the TMNT (7 issues) are riddled with first appearances. Rat King, Leatherhead, Nobody, Radical, Complete Carnage, etc. The only thing I want to be careful about is making sure I have the facts straight. For example, I don't know off the top of my head if Savanti Romero's first appearance is TMNT #8 or Tales of the TMNT #7. Plus, there are tons of random appearances in other books and I don't want to miss any and have a Next Men #21/SDCC #2 style debacle. :ohnoez:

Need a bit of advice guys.

I have a very nice 3rd print of TMNT 1. I'd have to double check but I believe it would grade out at least 9.2 if not higher. If that's the case, do you think it would be worth slabbing?