• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,459 posts in this topic

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Even though I don't post in this thread much at all, I'm going to get all mushy on you guys.

The camaraderie and friendly rivalry that the consistent posters have in this thread is so refreshing. I have talked in PM with a few of you and everyone I have met in PM is great :hi: .

So, hats off, to all you. I come here to learn about the turtles but also to feel good with the respect and caring you guys show. (worship)

THANKS

Jeff

Edited by telerites

Even though I don't post in this thread much at all, I'm going to get all mushy on you guys.

The camaraderie and friendly rivalry that the consistent posters have in this thread is so refreshing. I have talked in PM with a few of you and everyone I have met in PM is great :hi: .

So, hats off, to all you. I come here to learn about the turtles but also to feel good with the respect and caring you guys show. (worship)

THANKS

Jeff

:acclaim: You're right about that, Jeff. TMNT fans are great and seem to be in it for the love of the franchise. I've met quite a few knowledgeable Turtle fans here on the boards and every one of them has been friendly and encouraging. It makes collecting TMNT that much more enjoyable. :cloud9:

To answer kdoginohio's question, it's a tough call. It depends on how you want to narrow your search. I'm sure there are screen-used props from the first movie that are limited to 1. Original Art by its very nature is 1-of-a-kind. I'm sure there are plenty of other areas of TMNT collection that others are more knowledgeable about, but here are a few of the comics:

Turtlemania Gold - Limited to 10 with sigs from both creators and a sketch on the back cover.

Turtlemania Silver - Limited to 100 with sigs from both creators on the back

Gobbledygook #1&2 - Limited to 50, first appearance of the TMNT in an ad on the back.

TMNT #3 NYC Variant - Limited to 500, pulled from the printer for use at a show before the error was discovered. Looks similar to the normal #3, only missing the light blue colors.

TMNT #4 2nd print Error - Believed to be 800-1000, Tales of the TMNT cover art with the TMNT logo and #4 interiors. Another printing error.

Digital Webbing #24 - Limited to 500 copies, TMNT story.

I'm sure there are plenty of others (like the adult TMNT comic that ArchonTurtle has/had), but these were the ones with lower print runs that I know about.

I know we talk about the books mainly in here but I just realized I hadn't posted about a fairly recent acquistion of mines that I am stoked to have been able to land:

1986's "TMNT Adventures" RPG wrap around cover painted by Eastman. Clink HERE for a bit more info if you like and to see it framed:

TMNTAdventuresPaintedCover-1.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana:

1. Didn't realize Gobbledygook had SUCH a low print run! (Even more cool knowing I had a copy in my hands then back at NY!)

2. AWESOME painting! :headbang:

3. Coming from Turtle fans... what's word on Albedo #2? Is this one of those books most want to add to their collection?

Love the painting Danny! (worship) <---I don't give this guy out very often!

Also, I'd like to cordially invite Oroku Saki, CyberJad, and icculus308win to eat it...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :foryou: I just won this lot off of ebay tonight. It'll serve as an upgrade since the #2 has WHITE PAGES. I'll also keep the top census Fugitoid and the 9.8 Blue Label Donatello for my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120654491670&si=7hFeNRP%252BCR5sAj2AHBOlZCbv7mA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

...ya big bullies.

1. Didn't realize Gobbledygook had SUCH a low print run! (Even more cool knowing I had a copy in my hands then back at NY!)

An art dealer had a set of Gobbledygooks at the VA con a few weeks back. I took a look at them. He claimed they were the nicest copies in existence (how he knows that is beyond me) although I will say they were slightly nicer than my copies. Still, given the rarity, they still caught my eye from across the room and I had to go investigate. Still in love with my set. :luhv: Thanks again, Danny. :)

3. Coming from Turtle fans... what's word on Albedo #2? Is this one of those books most want to add to their collection?

Can't speak for everyone, but while I've known about Usagi Yojimbo from the old Playmate toy line from YEARS back, I've only recently (last few years) gotten into actually reading Usagi books. I really dig them and given the close ties between the franchises, I'd love to own a copy. Not high on my list at the moment, but I plan on owning a 9.0+ copy someday.

The two comics are very different. I think they have crossed paths just for fun, but unless you are a fan of Usagi, no need tracking down the comics just to fill out your TMNT collection. Just like how Cerebus and Spawn have crossed paths, but Cerebus fans can skip Spawn if they like.

Usagi is awesome though and you should give it a try if you haven't yet ;)

Laird and Sakai are still good friends to this day. The relationship between the two is stronger in the creators than the franchises themselves.

Love the painting Danny! (worship) <---I don't give this guy out very often!

Also, I'd like to cordially invite Oroku Saki, CyberJad, and icculus308win to eat it...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :foryou: I just won this lot off of ebay tonight. It'll serve as an upgrade since the #2 has WHITE PAGES. I'll also keep the top census Fugitoid and the 9.8 Blue Label Donatello for my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120654491670&si=7hFeNRP%252BCR5sAj2AHBOlZCbv7mA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

...ya big bullies.

I don't think I've ever seen the Leonardo book before. hm