• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Love the painting Danny! (worship) <---I don't give this guy out very often!

Also, I'd like to cordially invite Oroku Saki, CyberJad, and icculus308win to eat it...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :foryou: I just won this lot off of ebay tonight. It'll serve as an upgrade since the #2 has WHITE PAGES. I'll also keep the top census Fugitoid and the 9.8 Blue Label Donatello for my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120654491670&si=7hFeNRP%252BCR5sAj2AHBOlZCbv7mA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

...ya big bullies.

Thanks everybody! And fantastic win there in that auction. The #2 by itself can pull that much so you should definately be able to make some money back, not to mention the great Fugitoid book.

And in regards to Albedo, I actually would like to get a copy someday. Besides crossing paths in a number of books and the cartoons, I really like the title and Usagi so I'll pick this up at some point.

3. Coming from Turtle fans... what's word on Albedo #2? Is this one of those books most want to add to their collection?

I'm actively seeking both. In fact I was the low bidder last week on a Tutle #1 CGC 7.0 that sold for $700.

I haven't been able to find any copy of Albedo #2 that isn't already CGC'ed and over priced. Perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places but I'm definitely interested in purchasing the book!

With my NYCC books back, I just completed this set. Thought I'd post it here:

th_MarvelsProject1-GarbowskaLeonardo.jpgth_MarvelsProject1-AikensDonatello.jpgth_MarvelsProject1-ChabotRaphael.jpgth_MarvelsProject1-GiarrussoTurtle.jpg

While I'm a HUGE fan of each of these, the Chabot Raph wins it for me.

And re: Albedo, I read the Usagi Yojimbo TPB vol. 1 and will be looking to get more--a great mix of fun and legitimate storytelling. I'm tempted to say the least go after a copy of #2.

I also need to finish my Turtle 1 shots as well as the Fugitoid book. But no rush on these as I've been doing a little work on some GA and SA stuff.

Kinda bummed that TMNT #1 in 7.0 sold for only $700 though :( Bit softer than I'd have expected.

Hey guys sorry for not contributing to this great thread lately. Golden Age and Copper forums always seem to be the tried and true good spirited and nonderailing posts.

Our house is finally done being built (95%) and we just moved in. Long process, a year with the arch. and a year and three months construction. I'm freakin out right now.

Im a perfectionist and have OCD, (clutter and disorganized makes me tick kind) so a house FULL of boxes is torture to me! Plus we have a toddler, granted Brody who is two years two months old is an angel, still it is a wee bit tough. And my beautiful wife is almost 6 months pregnant. Moral of the story my limited contributions with now be even more so for a couple months. (Did I mention we are hosting Christmas this year to boot!)

Anyways, as Jeff said, the TMNT guys here are some of the most salt of the Earth people on the Boards. People like Jeff, Danny and Adam are some of the nicest, most helpful, good humored people I don't mean to leave out others, I just know you three via PMs.

Adam I will happily eat it, your set continues to amaze me. Please keep up the great work for all of us to continue drooling!

Danny just like Adam, please continue to keep that art collection of yours flourishing and continue to post pics. Fantabulous stuff!

To all the TMNT fans here, thanks for making this thread always a nice place to visit and add my 2cents. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Best,

Eric

Does everything look legit on this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320626647227&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I wanna bid but that price I think might be too high for a raw book. Thoughts?

imho, for this comic, i wouldnt buy it raw - unless you saw it in person and knew what you were doing.

good luck!

I think it looks like that book went for a premium--probably not better than a VF and the price was tight.

2c

. :(

More surprisingly his #4 NYCC variant went for $810 !!!!!!!!!!! I think its time I put my #4 variants on the market.

Ah, I didn't even think to look and see what else he was offering. I went back in there and looked again at that book--definitely think it's no higher than a 8.0 with those spine ticks. $1k is definitely a premium. I've seen some 9.0ish books (slabbed) go for only a 200-300 more... at that rate, seems like that'd be a better deal to me.

Seeking help on the value of some early items that I still have.

1) four button set that you sent away for that was advertised in an early issue

2) original fanclub package

3) an early newletter

4) original hardback collection with a dustjacket

Working on getting pictures and will post a link in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Edwin

Seeking help on the value of some early items that I still have.

1) four button set that you sent away for that was advertised in an early issue

2) original fanclub package

3) an early newletter

4) original hardback collection with a dustjacket

Working on getting pictures and will post a link in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Edwin

1) Those buttons dont trade very often, but aren't particularly well known either. I'd say probably within the $100-$200 range?

2) Ive seen sealed fanclub packets sell for $200. Much less if opened.

3) Not much.

4) This is worth the most out of what you listed. Average value for this book is $200-300ish. I've seen them go as far as $500 but not recently.

5) Which ones?

This all ofcourse comes wit the caviat that everything is only worth what people will pay for it. So please don't take these values as absolute truth.

If youre interested in selling those buttons, I'm interested in buying them.

Edited by Archon_Turtle