• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I am still waiting for a TMNT number 2-10 to be graded in 9.9. Im actually surprised there are so many 9.8s but absolutely no 9.9s

The last time I checked, I think in the whole volume 1 run, #37 is the only one that has a 9.9. And I can't for the life of me find it! :frustrated:lol

Anyone else notice that the #3 9.6 variant just jumped from a census count of 3 to 9??? Where did all these books come from?

Peter Laird recently sold a part of his personal collection via the Mirage Store on ebay. This includes #3 error variants in high grade. My guess is at least a few came from there.

I dont know Adam. All the copies I saw from their collection looked like poop. Maybe someone got all the nice ones from mirage and graded them out. I know at least one copy went to an artist and was never up for public sale.

Due to the art, it's tough to really see the spine on them, but the early ones they put up for sale were at least 9.4's based soley on the scans. It wouldn't surprise me if at least a few of them were 9.6.

Been absent for some time now but just saw that 9.8. :o Simply amazing. So, sitting about $4-5k shy of $20,000 with 4 days to go. I'd say cracking $25k is a pretty realistic bet. I would be surprised to see it jump over $30k though. Can't say I'll be upset to see it sell high though.

Adam--are you seriously looking to take a stab at this white whale?-)

Been absent for some time now but just saw that 9.8. :o Simply amazing. So, sitting about $4-5k shy of $20,000 with 4 days to go. I'd say cracking $25k is a pretty realistic bet. I would be surprised to see it jump over $30k though. Can't say I'll be upset to see it sell high though.

Adam--are you seriously looking to take a stab at this white whale?-)

If not Adam, one of us should sure get that book for sure. I was bidding on it, but $15,000 is about the top of where I want to go. and Im thinking this bad boy is $25K at least.

Well since we are being open here, I bid the $15,000 and my Wife is somewhat accepting to go higher. I don't know where that somewhat lies in her eyes right now. So shillers have fun in the meantime.

I will stick to my original guess though I think this book is only half way there.

Telerites could have gotten 30-40k easily when his was the only 9.8 on the census. :cry:

Without a doubt!!

But if I was Jeff I would have held onto too it and continue to do so until I was good and ready to part with it, or like he states, when college tuition comes about. He held the sole top seed for a long time in our CGC world.

My fingers are crossed that the buyer is as nice of a collector and TMNT fan like Jeff. Most importantly, they are not like someone mentioned...a flipper with this coveted book.

Well since we are being open here, I bid the $15,000 and my Wife is somewhat accepting to go higher. I don't know where that somewhat lies in her eyes right now. So shillers have fun in the meantime.

I will stick to my original guess though I think this book is only half way there.

You know Eric, this doesn't surprise me in the least. I would be ECSTATIC if you won this book as I know you are one of the truly good guys out there. And a real fan of the TMNT who would treasure this book as it should be. I really, really hope you can do this, if not one the other boardies. I don't think 15K will be enough but I wish you the best of luck! :wishluck:

Danny you truly are one of the Boards nicest and knowledgeable assets. I know where you stand on your OA.....but if anyone deserves that book IMHO (Ok, bedsides Adam - lol!!) it would be you. Your kindness via eBay, you finding me some books I had searched high and low for but with no avail and than our correspondence, were the final piece of the puzzle to quit procrastinating and join Boards as you know buddy. Your passion for Green guys is truly awesome. And your knowledge about everything surrounding the The Turtles is uncanny. If I could pick the new owner it would be you my man.

I still might give some bidders a go of it, haven't fully decided. DD #1 9.4 and #7 9.4 are on the front burner.......but when this came about it threw me for a loop.

Jeff could always come out of the woodwork on this book and be sole owner of two 9.8s!! That would be fine by me too!!

Take care Danny, hope the family is well. Our second addition Cooper Kenneth, was born 4/4/11 btw. The kid eats like no other. Brody has been a great big brother thus far!!