• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that is completely jazzed that Kevin is back writing on the title?

Me too...though I must admit I'm not too sold on the art yet (Kevins cover I loved of course). Everything else....not too sure yet.

You're right Adam, I misspoke. At least they Register books is what I meant and they might be on the Boards. But yes, this does not constitute them as an Elite CGC "Boardie." (not many people have what it takes. Many ring the bell on the second day. lol!!) Maybe they go by something else on the Boards? More than likely they they aren't on them.

Michael :gossip:

All I know is that if I'd just plunked down almost $23k on this book, this would be the first place I'd be bragging about it :headbang:

Danny,

Too be honest I did not watch it the last three hours cause I ASSumed it would go to $30,000 and out of my price range. So I closed my laptop and walked away cause I really wanted that book so I couldn't bare to watch it. When I opened it after auctions end, I thought it was a glitch and refreshed it.....three times when I put it together, I was so angry and upset I said things that would make a dirty pirate hooker blush. I have been upset at losing out on books before (quite a few, like anybody) but not mad like this one, since it was my own stupid doing.

I finally am cooled down and if I would have kept bidding over Sanj Mitra, than who knows I and the winner might have made it go over the $30,000. At least that is what I tell myself.

I f***ked up - plain and simple. The buyer is a lucky person imho, fantastic job and book - hats off.

Don't beat yourself too much over it. You made a valiant effort and probably a fair assumption. Its true that it could have gone for 30K or even more....or you could got it at $23,000 even... :insane:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda - is all I keep coming up with. But thanks Danny. Hope you and the Fam. have a nice weekend.

i just found out about this do we know yet when the series will be released I don't want to miss ordering it ... I also want to know when we are getting that large over sized hardcover :) I've always wanted this with tmnt :)

I don't think I ever posted these, but I was able to pick up a few second hand Eastman sketches a few months back. I'm not sure why the Raphael is such a different quality than the rest, but I'm happy with them just the same. Especially since the Leo, Don, and Mike pieces are quite a bit more detailed than he normally does. :cloud9:

TMNTEastman-Leonardo.jpgTMNTEastman-Donatello.jpgTMNTEastman-Raphael.jpgTMNTEastman-Michelangelo.jpg

Well, I'm not the winner either and it went for $10,000 grand less than I thought. Double Loser.

Please tell me the PROUD owner is a Boardie. Come out, come out - wherever you are....

Maybe it was Andre, campued1010, :wishluck: I know he loves this book.

I do love this book, but sadly it was not me :sorry:

I don't think I ever posted these, but I was able to pick up a few second hand Eastman sketches a few months back. I'm not sure why the Raphael is such a different quality than the rest, but I'm happy with them just the same. Especially since the Leo, Don, and Mike pieces are quite a bit more detailed than he normally does. :cloud9:

:applause:

I like Don and Leo the best but all are cool (thumbs u

Looks like the gold is now on ebay with back cover sketch showing and a neat promo flyer from that day when the golds were released for the cool price of $6,999:

TMNT Gold

Check out his ebay store. A bunch of good Turtle books went up recently.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

A recent acquisition. Rich Henn is the MAN!

Leonardo1SS.jpg

Tough book in grade and tough signature. VERY happy! :banana:

Stunning book! And Bissette is not a sig you find too often on a Turtles book. He did some inking on the book right?

Yep, from what I could find he did inking on this and Turtle Soup #1.

Nice! Is that a new commission?

huh?... Its a sketch I had him do from when ever he was at eccc last :D Anyways I will be sad if I don't see jim put to work on the new series at some point!

Edited by synch