• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Without reading all 32 pages of this thread, is there a site that list the various Turtle appearences in other books? I know they are Miami Mice #4, and there is a pinup in Colt #2, as well as what I believe is there first color appearence in an issue of Grimjack, but are there others before the Archie series?

Are you looking for crossovers from the first series only?

Without reading all 32 pages of this thread, is there a site that list the various Turtle appearences in other books? I know they are Miami Mice #4, and there is a pinup in Colt #2, as well as what I believe is their first color appearence in an issue of Grimjack, but are there others before the Archie series?

Are you looking for crossovers from the first series only?

I'm looking for early Turtles appearences. They don't need to be crossovers, per say, but comics in which one or more Turtle appear prior to them going to Archie.

I've listed the three I'm aware of, but am looking for any others.

Any early Eastman/Laird work would be great, as well.

There's this comic - I bought it when it came out. Not only because it was one of those TMNT rip-offs, but because a turtle shows up in the actual comic, by one of the artists.

pre-teendirty-genekung-fukangaroos1.jpg

PTDGKFK ? Haha, anyone remember this?

TMNT678.jpg

I scored these today at a flea market. The seller had three long boxes hidden back behind a whole load of junk. I got them for $1 each :headbang: I ended up picking out 14 books, all in pretty close to NM condition, some of which will easily get a 9.8 :cloud9: Was rather surprised that all his good books were bag and boarded :)

Nice find and the shape of the books are great for the price. Were they in the "dollar bins"? Back when I started collecting comic in the early eighties GI Joe was super hot and hard to find in the small town I lived in. By the nineties you couldn't give them away and lots got put in to the "dollar bin". Now It's hard to find some of the issues in nice shape. I think this happens to a lot of comics but that's just my opinion...glad to see such nice copies making it out alive :applause:

There's this comic - I bought it when it came out. Not only because it was one of those TMNT rip-offs, but because a turtle shows up in the actual comic, by one of the artists.

lol...never seen that before. There was another Turtles rip off title but cant remember it.

lol...never seen that before. There was another Turtles rip off title but cant remember it.

there were probably at least a dozen turtle rip offs.

TMNT678.jpg

I scored these today at a flea market. The seller had three long boxes hidden back behind a whole load of junk. I got them for $1 each :headbang: I ended up picking out 14 books, all in pretty close to NM condition, some of which will easily get a 9.8 :cloud9: Was rather surprised that all his good books were bag and boarded :)

Nice find and the shape of the books are great for the price. Were they in the "dollar bins"? Back when I started collecting comic in the early eighties GI Joe was super hot and hard to find in the small town I lived in. By the nineties you couldn't give them away and lots got put in to the "dollar bin". Now It's hard to find some of the issues in nice shape. I think this happens to a lot of comics but that's just my opinion...glad to see such nice copies making it out alive :applause:

Guy had four long boxes marked for a dollar a book. He had a whole lot of household goods hiding the books, I was probably the only person to ever look through them. Surprisingly, all the good books were bagged and boarded, and nearly everything was in high grade shape. I was hoping after seeing those three, there might be an issue 1 or 2 :wishluck: ended up with a couple McFarlane Spideys, some Miller Daredevils, amongst other goodies :banana: it was funny when I asked how much he wanted. His only idea of charging more, was if I had any issues that were #1's lol think I might go back this weekend and give those boxes one more look :)

I picked up this print at Baltimore Comic Con today. Artist is Sunny Lee.

TMNTSunnyLee-1.jpg

Great looking work! Sure would be nice if that was an original, eh?-)

I bought the print + commisioned 2 sketches! ;)

(they were non-turtle commisions though...)

I finally got the one book I have always wanted the most.

I never thought I would actually be holding a 1st print in hand and one

that's now all mine. :cloud9:

For me the grade is also higher than I ever thought I would be able to

get so I am thrilled to be able to share a scan of my new prized possession....

0013-4.jpg

0013-4.jpg

Congrats!!! You got a very nice copy. (thumbs u

0013-4.jpg

Welcom to the TMNT #1 first print club!!!!!!!!

If this club doesn't exist we should start it :idea:

0013-4.jpg

Truly an awsome book to own...congrats