• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Back from LBCC. This is the Con Exclusive Hardcover Ultimate Edition Volume 1 they were selling at IDW. The Regular and con exclusive versions are identical except the regular cover is colored. Edition size is 250. Price point of $50. Contains 1-7 and the Raphael 1 shot.

100_8242.jpg

100_8243.jpg

100_8244.jpg

They also had advance copies of the standard edition. I picked up a copy, but Kevin stole it from me to doodle in, so I will show it to you guys as soon as he gives it back to me.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Back from LBCC. This is the Con Exclusive Hardcover Ultimate Edition Volume 1 they were selling at IDW. The Regular and con exclusive versions are identical except the regular cover is colored. Edition size is 250. Price point of $50. Contains 1-7 and the Raphael 1 shot.

100_8242.jpg

100_8243.jpg

100_8244.jpg

They also had advance copies of the standard edition. I picked up a copy, but Kevin stole it from me to doodle in, so I will show it to you guys as soon as he gives it back to me.

A friend of mine picked one up for me, was an absolute no brainer. Can't wait to read it!

I also was able to finish off my Detroit Fanfare Sketch covers...

At Detroit I got Raphael, Leonardo & Michaelangelo for CGC SS

At LBCC I was able to get Donatello and Splinter...

I sell a lot of things, but I plan on keep these!!! Kevin Eastman is one of the absolute best creators I have ever met. What a class act all the way!!!

AWESOME stuff! I especially like the sketches in the inside covers. The foot soldiers in the reflection of the blade is a nice touch. :)

If anybody has the ability to get one of these long beach hardcovers, I would gladly make it worth your while!

Me too. Please PM me. Although I do not want to pay $250 like the one now on ebay. Thanks.

$250 is probably cheap in all honesty with the prices for other TMNT hardcovers listed for more and not as limited.

If anybody has the ability to get one of these long beach hardcovers, I would gladly make it worth your while!

Me too. Please PM me. Although I do not want to pay $250 like the one now on ebay. Thanks.

$250 is probably cheap in all honesty with the prices for other TMNT hardcovers listed for more and not as limited.

It won't help that IDW confirmed with me via e-mail that they sold out at the show.

Ugh, more CGC 9.8 signatures. Every time Kevin signs a book (and he must have signed a million by now), his signature goes down in value in my opinion since it becomes that less rare.

I really hope someone cracks open one of the signed in marker CGC books in another 10 years and finds that the ink truly did bleed into the "white pages" of the book making it's grade way further down. You either collect a book for signature value, you collect a book to keep pristine and perfect, or you collect it to read. Can't have both or all three in my opinion. I'm happy to know that I already have all the mirage signatures on several items but my CGC 9.8 WP comics will stay just the way they are over the years. Plus I think the signatures just end up hiding that beautiful artwork underneath them.

Wow, way to completely dump on something someone was really excited about. You're awesome.

Ugh, more CGC 9.8 signatures. Every time Kevin signs a book (and he must have signed a million by now), his signature goes down in value in my opinion since it becomes that less rare.

Most collectors don't collect Kevin's signature for value, because you're right; Kevin's signature isn't worth much. But it has never been worth much. Why? Because he is awesome. He signs whatever anyone wants him to sign for free. He hasn't missed an SDCC in something like 20 years. He does free sketches for anyone that wants one. Hell, at my wedding he was doing sketches for little kids on napkins.

Is his signature worthless? Sure is. But only because he is one of the most approachable artists in the business. And I'm pretty ok with that.

I really hope someone cracks open one of the signed in marker CGC books in another 10 years and finds that the ink truly did bleed into the "white pages" of the book making it's grade way further down.

Well nobody really cracks SS books because as soon as you do, they aren't SS anymore. But aside from that, they put microchamber paper between the covers (which is essentially a paper towel), so it isn't likely that the ink would continue to bleed that far IMO.

You either collect a book for signature value, you collect a book to keep pristine and perfect, or you collect it to read. Can't have both or all three in my opinion.

Most SS collectors collect SS for a fourth reason actually. Because they love it.

I'm happy to know that I already have all the mirage signatures on several items but my CGC 9.8 WP comics will stay just the way they are over the years. Plus I think the signatures just end up hiding that beautiful artwork underneath them.

Sorry for the rant, but everything about this post got completely under my skin.

Edited by Archon_Turtle