• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I think eventually though even CGC will think this way down the road.

I disagree, yellow label is CGC's 'prestigious' product.

A blue label is a book that was printed amongst thousands (or more) and then went to the consumer. A yellow label then found it's way to the creative team and was actually handled and signed by them. It makes the yellow label book that much more special and not run of the mill like your pristine universals.

Every time a book is signed and graded by Eastman or the TMNT team, the value of all the other signed CGC sig Eastman stuff goes down.

prove it. In fact, the more #2's, #3's, and #4's get signed the higher their price goes...

. I'd rather collect stuff in Mint condition with no markings or writings.

That's great! good for you. What's your motivation for poo-pooing what Adam and others like to collect?

What Universal CGC's have you got recently, Adam?

I cringe when I see all these CGC Sig Series but I respect why you want them all. I really do. You'll never convince me that these books are going to be still in 9.8 condition by the time the ink runs underneath the pages even in the next 10 years which makes them not as valuable as my pristine 9.8 and higher CGC Universal's. As far as I'm concerned, CGC Sig books are only as valuable as the signature because condition means nothing once you have someone draw on the cover. Tomato, Tomatoe as always.

I think eventually though even CGC will think this way down the road. Every time a book is signed and graded by Eastman or the TMNT team, the value of all the other signed CGC sig Eastman stuff goes down. I love the man to death but his signature is so easy to come by that I really only want it on a few things and that's enough for me. I'd rather collect stuff in Mint condition with no markings or writings.

And the backhanded compliment of the day award goes to,,,

...opens envelope...

Oroku Saki! Congratulations!!! :golfclap::golfclap:

For those who don't know, this isn't oroku saki's first time taking a crack at my books (or signed books in general). I've almost come to expect it every once in a while. :) Try not to pay it too much mind.

@ oroku saki

Try to be a little more optimistic. Don't cringe about how much my books are devaluing other CGC SS books. Instead, think about how much value I'm adding to your universal books. Every time I have a TMNT book signed, any non-signed TMNT books become more scarce and thus, more valuable.

Do you have this book unsigned?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles39SS.jpg

or this one?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles22SS.jpg

or this one?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles45SS.jpg

If so, you're welcome. Your copies just got a little more valuable. :grin:

I don't know about the rest of you but I first became a Turtles fan based of the mini cartoon series that was put out in the late 1980's. It was a five series cartoon (based on the number or days in the week). After my friend and I saw it we were hard core turtle fans. Even got the video games and action figures as the years went on but back to the story. So after the first five series mini cartoon show was over there wasn't anything else. In fact, I heard on the car radio one day that they had decided to make a regular cartoon series out of the turtles based on the popularity of the mini cartoon show and when I told my friend he had a hard time believing me. lol. The rest is history.

Now you've got us interested...link to minicartoon plz

EDIT: Confession, although I had already read and was hooked on some pretty bloody/violent turtle books (Turtle soup), when the kiddy TV series came out, I was still a huge fan. I will admit I skipped school more than a few days JUST to watch the show. Any kids reading this, don't try this at home!

Edited by toitle

This image has gotten buried in the thread when I first posted it, I forgot I still had it in my photobucket and figured it could use a re-up. Just a cool item that I no longer own.

From a Bud Plant catalog selling TMNT 1, pre-hype.

scan0087.jpg