• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I thought about buying that one today too lol

GL...I hope it shows up nice and NM for you

I'll report back when I get it. My experience with ebay grading has been, unsurprisingly, less than sterling.

Not many. More importantly, according to a gamestop rep I spoke to about it they destroyed whatever didn't get used for the pre-orders. So there is basically one copy for every copy of the 2007 movie game that was pre-ordered. Which...wasn't many.

Of all the printings of #1, this one actually gave me the most fits.

Archon, were these supposed to be shrink-wrapped with the game? I got some copies years ago at the GameStop by my work. They gave them to me for free when I asked about them. The stack they had of them would seem to indicate either that the extras all weren't destroyed or they gave me the copies that were supposed to go with the games they had.

No, they were only given to people who pre-ordered the game, so they wouldn't have been shrink wrapped with them. What they probably did was ship bunches out, gave them out with pre-orders, and then sent the rest back to corporate after the pre-orders were filled.

Well you guys just convinced me to buy this copy. We'll see how "mint" it is.

I hope yours turns out better than mine. I bought from the same seller. My "mint" copy was VF/NM. It did look nice on the bottom 2/3 of the book, but the top had a pushpin imprint where the book was on a wall somewhere and a few other bends and a wrinkle. These may be able to be pressed out but I have never done that before so I don't know. The seller was easy to work with and gave me a partial refund since the book was not as advertised. So I have a copy now that is around 9.0.

I don't see these on sale very often, so I think they are pretty rare. Assuming this is the 2007 version, there are only 3 on the census, 2 9.6 and 1 9.0.

Here's my copy:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-GamestopVariant96.jpg

I got it from the former Brian Tatge collection a few years back. As some know, it was one of the best and most comprehensive TMNT comic collections around before he sold it all. Even so, I only saw this one and one other raw one that I picked up.

I'm with Stephen...in years of searching, this is the toughest #1 reprint to find in my opinion. Just not many out there.

It says it's signed by Kevin Munroe, the director of the 2007 movie. If I ever seen Brian at a show, I intend to ask him the story behind it to see how authentic the sig may be.

So they are doing a signing with a few of the Mirage gang (including peter) at Shellback Artworks in ME on FCBD. Can we get something going?

:wishluck:

I'm thinking of making the drive up. We need a facilitator.

So they are doing a signing with a few of the Mirage gang (including peter) at Shellback Artworks in ME on FCBD. Can we get something going?

Where did you find this info anyway?

Steve Lavigne confirmed that Himself, Lawson, and Laird (and other special guests (Dooney..Talbot???)) will be at Shellback Artworks (via the Shellback FB page)

Kevin Eastman confirmed on his site that Himself and tom Waltz will be at Jetpack comics.

I will be going to both and I am SUPER excited. I was wondering if there were going to be any witnesses going, but I tried to get one together last time for the Mirage crew at Shellback but nothing happened. I would LOVE to get a CGC SS Sketch from Kevin & Peter (head sketches only though)

Please provide any info if you can!

Steve Lavigne confirmed that Himself, Lawson, and Laird (and other special guests (Dooney..Talbot???)) will be at Shellback Artworks (via the Shellback FB page)

Kevin Eastman confirmed on his site that Himself and tom Waltz will be at Jetpack comics.

I will be going to both and I am SUPER excited. I was wondering if there were going to be any witnesses going, but I tried to get one together last time for the Mirage crew at Shellback but nothing happened. I would LOVE to get a CGC SS Sketch from Kevin & Peter (head sketches only though)

I am working on it! PM me!

Glenn, keep me posted. I'm definitely interested.

+1...i'm in too

+1...i'm in too

I'm in three. I would love a full turtle sketch by the masters. (worship)

Has anyone noticed that copies of Turtlemania are heating up? hm

I've been keeping an eye on them and noticed that as well. Seems like 75+ is the norm now.

Last year I got a very very nice looking one for in the $40s....and got it upgraded during this past summer. I was thinking of getting it green-labeled just to preserve it...and so it can be safely viewed from the front and back......thoughts?

2012-10-20_23-14-47_215.jpg

Edited by nriccijr