• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2024 at 11:52 PM, eastbayrudy said:

How was the condition of yours...my spine came pretty messed up. Kind of disappointing considering the almost $150 price tag and high print run. Ah, whatever...

Hey @eastbayrudy sorry to hear about your comic turning up less than ideal. If you purchased it via https://portsmouthminicon.com/product/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-40th-anniversary-edition/ they do still have a few copies left, it may be worth reaching out to them to see if they will replace it? It's surely worth a try, don't settle while it is still possible to improve the situation. Perhaps in hindsight you'll be glad you did and you deserve to love this comic, not settle! Keep us posted :) PS: I'm not a grader (I wish I could grade my comics) but my copy arrived in the same great condition @rich_TMNT posted it - many thanks rich!

On 5/18/2024 at 4:01 PM, woregul said:

I just ordered a copy yesterday from Rich’s site. Very cool project. Hoping I get a decent copy. I will post a pic when I get it. 

Awesome, congrats on a great purchase! I think rich is choosing the best copies for anyone who purchases the $100 stock, so you should be good, assuming the postal service don't fancy turtle soup for their breakfast! Rich packaged my comic really well. Share photos of the comic when it turns up!

On 5/18/2024 at 12:28 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I got mine from the Mini-con drop, and their packing wasn't the best. Looking mine over, it seems to be ok, but it could have been packed safer, it was pretty loose inside that box and in a cheap bag and board. I know based on the info that all issues seem to have some little imperfections that came from the printing process, so I knew it wouldn't be "perfect" based on all the disclaimers I read, and honestly, that's ok with me.

I agree it was a high-ish price point for sure, but I took into account the sheer amount of work it took to even get this thing made at all - it definitely seemed like a labor of love from the people putting in the work and time. And my copy isn't going anywhere anyway, so I'm not going to sweat any possible imperfections (and again, on my copy, it was pretty clean). I need to find a nice mylar magazine sized bag and board for mine, or some kind of cool magazine sized clam-shell - I don't plan to have it graded because I want the opportunity to open and read it when I want like @sorrenmj mentioned with his, since I can't read my graded copy obviously.

That said, I'd say if yours is badly messed up, I'd reach out to them - there's a difference between accepting small imperfections and settling for a damaged copy for sure.

Hey @Jesse-Lee I keep my copy in a simple toploader like this 

thumbnail_IMG_8153.jpg

On 5/18/2024 at 9:47 AM, sorrenmj said:

Hey @eastbayrudy sorry to hear about your comic turning up less than ideal. If you purchased it via https://portsmouthminicon.com/product/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-40th-anniversary-edition/ they do still have a few copies left, it may be worth reaching out to them to see if they will replace it? It's surely worth a try, don't settle while it is still possible to improve the situation. Perhaps in hindsight you'll be glad you did and you deserve to love this comic, not settle! Keep us posted :) PS: I'm not a grader (I wish I could grade my comics) but my copy arrived in the same great condition @rich_TMNT posted it - many thanks rich!

Hey thanks for all your help! I think I will reach out and see what they can do. I was anticipating a 9.2- 9.6 range due to the printing process but I must say mine is like a 8.0 at best lol and the one you posted looks really good compared to mine! I will let you know how it goes. I didn't want to be that guy to complain, but I will see if this can be fixed without being a pain for anyone. 

On 5/18/2024 at 7:30 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Hey thanks for all your help! I think I will reach out and see what they can do. I was anticipating a 9.2- 9.6 range due to the printing process but I must say mine is like a 8.0 at best lol and the one you posted looks really good compared to mine! I will let you know how it goes. I didn't want to be that guy to complain, but I will see if this can be fixed without being a pain for anyone. 

Excellent keep us posted!

On 5/18/2024 at 1:46 PM, sorrenmj said:

Excellent keep us posted!

Ok so got a response yesterday. Jetpack said if I'm not happy with the book then I can send back and they will TRY and pick a better one, although they did not make any claim of any condition. We will try and send a better one just does not cut it. I now have to pay to send the package back to the east coast, just to take a chance at a better one? In my opinion, that should have been done from the get go...the one I got should not have been shipped. At least not at full price, they should have been sold later as B grade copies at a discount. $142 is enough I don't want to end up paying more for this book. I will just cut my loses now. I just wont be buying from them anymore. It will make a cool $142 display piece lol 

On 5/19/2024 at 6:33 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Ok so got a response yesterday. Jetpack said if I'm not happy with the book then I can send back and they will TRY and pick a better one, although they did not make any claim of any condition. We will try and send a better one just does not cut it. I now have to pay to send the package back to the east coast, just to take a chance at a better one? In my opinion, that should have been done from the get go...the one I got should not have been shipped. At least not at full price, they should have been sold later as B grade copies at a discount. $142 is enough I don't want to end up paying more for this book. I will just cut my loses now. I just wont be buying from them anymore. It will make a cool $142 display piece lol 

That doesn't sound super helpful of them does it, I suppose they are trying not to make promises in writing to cover themselves but it is not reassuring of them. It has put me off from ordering with them. Is it possible to arrange returning your comic in some kind of return to sender packaging/box where they will simply put the replacement comic book into the received box and return it to you? That way you maybe can control the quality of their packaging better? If it say $10 or less to return the comic (tracked/insured!) and get a new replacement it might be worth asking if that is an option? I think that is what I would do

On 5/20/2024 at 6:27 AM, sorrenmj said:

That doesn't sound super helpful of them does it, I suppose they are trying not to make promises in writing to cover themselves but it is not reassuring of them. It has put me off from ordering with them. Is it possible to arrange returning your comic in some kind of return to sender packaging/box where they will simply put the replacement comic book into the received box and return it to you? That way you maybe can control the quality of their packaging better? If it say $10 or less to return the comic (tracked/insured!) and get a new replacement it might be worth asking if that is an option? I think that is what I would do

I've ordered from Jetpack sporadically over the years and they simply do not place emphasis on packing and shipping care. I've bought comics worth hundreds of dollars and they've been shipped with no bag or board, between two thin pieces of cardboard in a priority envelope. During Covid they sold TMNT mystery boxes. I bought a couple and they dump a pile of random books unprotected in a box, tape it up and ship it out. Now I don't even bother looking at their site.

My advice would be to not even bother trying for a replacement copy from them.

On 5/20/2024 at 3:35 AM, Ryan. said:

I've ordered from Jetpack sporadically over the years and they simply do not place emphasis on packing and shipping care. I've bought comics worth hundreds of dollars and they've been shipped with no bag or board, between two thin pieces of cardboard in a priority envelope. During Covid they sold TMNT mystery boxes. I bought a couple and they dump a pile of random books unprotected in a box, tape it up and ship it out. Now I don't even bother looking at their site.

My advice would be to not even bother trying for a replacement copy from them.

Wow are you kidding me! Ya I think some of the damage on my book was due to the packaging. It was simply put in a bag and board, then had a thin layer of bubble wrap around it, then placed into a bigger box where it was pretty much just sliding around. I have collected comics for a long time, I am no novice and I know that damage on my book was not from the printing technique they stated...it was definitely due to some handling issues  lol 

On 5/20/2024 at 3:27 AM, sorrenmj said:

I know that I can probably put more pressure on them to make it right or even put in a claim, but again that is just not how I roll. I paid them what they asked and expected a service. They failed. This time I will just move on, they just lost a costumer. I honestly don't think its worth all the trouble, and even though I am right in this situation I don't want to be a pain to them. They made some good profit from the $125 they charged, they could do more to make it right, but they don't seem to care so its all good. 

On 5/20/2024 at 9:45 PM, whetteon said:

No. It's just a turtle book I don't talk enough about. :) 

Its a great comic to have and one that has an interesting history in TMNT comics!

On 5/24/2024 at 2:56 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Wow, is that the copy I sold you? Congrats, it looks great!!

It is! I couldn't remember who I bought it from; I just know it was on the boards.