• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,325 posts in this topic

It was a great time! My feet actually still hurt from Saturday. I have 15 books going to CGC...but I don't like posting pics before they come back. I was lucky enough to get PL so I was very happy about that. Overall an awesome show and a once in a lifetime event.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:54 PM, Turtle said:

I'm sure I'll have more pictures soon, but I need to crash.  Before I do, I figured I'd share my big treasure from the show.  I created a show-specific jam and got 14 artists in attendance to fill it out.  No-prize to anyone who can name all the artists:

PMC40Jam.thumb.jpg.61a7ceb569e7bc771ab1f8c738d431b1.jpg

O we kinda did meet up lol.  I saw Dooney doing your Fugitoid.  I had the giant Blue Wagon of Turtles stuff.

On 4/30/2024 at 7:40 AM, BeardedBubba said:

If anybody is looking to get the 40th anniversary #1 reprints made from Rich Horn's original negatives, Kevin still has some on his site:

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/product-category/signed-comics/mirage-signed-comics/

There were 2 other variants at the con too. One was a Jetpack version that had an all black and white cover and the other one looked identical to the original cover.

The Jetpack variant (?) was an extremely limited print run. 

I spoke to Rich and he is an awesome guy. Seeing the negatives and the reprints is astounding. He even gave my daughter a issue 1 cover proof.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:41 PM, TMNTDude said:

There were 2 other variants at the con too. One was a Jetpack version that had an all black and white cover and the other one looked identical to the original cover.

The Jetpack variant (?) was an extremely limited print run. 

I spoke to Rich and he is an awesome guy. Seeing the negatives and the reprints is astounding. He even gave my daughter an issue 1 cover proof.

This is correct.  There are 5 variants of this.

Eastman has the 3 linked above.  They are all using the “10 seconds later” cover he originally used for an SDCC exclusive years ago.  

Rich has one that uses the same cover as the original from 1984.  This is as close to a 1:1 reprint of the first issue as you’re going to get.  Print run was 10,000 if I remember correctly.

Jetpack had a variant that was like Rich’s but it used a black and white cover instead of a red one and it has the Jetpack logo on the back.  Print run is 2,500 on this.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:01 PM, Turtle said:

This is correct.  There are 5 variants of this.

Eastman has the 3 linked above.  They are all using the “10 seconds later” cover he originally used for an SDCC exclusive years ago.  

Rich has one that uses the same cover as the original from 1984.  This is as close to a 1:1 reprint of the first issue as you’re going to get.  Print run was 10,000 if I remember correctly.

Jetpack had a variant that was like Rich’s but it used a black and white cover instead of a red one and it has the Jetpack logo on the back.  Print run is 2,500 on this.

Oh nice! I want to get one of the ones from Rich that's the one to one. It looked so GD good.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, GDN said:

Is there any way to buy the Rich version with the original cover art online?

Thanks

I don't know the answer, but @rich_TMNT is a member here.  I think he plans on making these available where he sets up the negatives for display.  Only he can answer if they'll be available elsewhere.

I had to get this from @rich_TMNT cuz it was #40!

Seeing the negatives was extremely cool, Rich did a great job with the display and sharing information.

IMG_3428.thumb.jpeg.bd61f73c5d60db738882639e0abc3717.jpeg

On 4/29/2024 at 10:54 PM, Turtle said:

I'm sure I'll have more pictures soon, but I need to crash.  Before I do, I figured I'd share my big treasure from the show.  I created a show-specific jam and got 14 artists in attendance to fill it out.  No-prize to anyone who can name all the artists:

PMC40Jam.thumb.jpg.61a7ceb569e7bc771ab1f8c738d431b1.jpg

That piece turned out great!

On 5/2/2024 at 1:28 PM, GACollectibles said:

I had to get this from @rich_TMNT cuz it was #40!

Seeing the negatives was extremely cool, Rich did a great job with the display and sharing information.

IMG_3428.thumb.jpeg.bd61f73c5d60db738882639e0abc3717.jpeg

Oh I like this. Why didn't you tell me these were available?