• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Well, I think there is a definite genuine interest in the idea so it's just a matter of how to go about it. An official place on the boards is obviously down to Arch and the mods to decide and there are concerns about possible resentment from some board members. Since we can't do anything about that until there is some kind of communication from Arch, we should probably focus on our other two current suggestions.

A group PM is a possibility and is certainly workable. The boards PM system is very user friendly. The PM could be a bit cramped though.

The Comicopolis forum is another possibility. There is a lot more space to operate there and we wouldn't have to worry about treading in the toes of CGC. Adam has the problem of is work PC blocking the site though and some people may not like the idea of checking out a separate forum. (I do however recommend signing up to the Comicopolis forum anyway, it's a very friendly and relaxed UK based forum and a few of us in this thread have been members for some time).

I think a poll may be worthwhile to get an idea of which way the opinion is going. PM vs Comicopolis and you can vote for both.

Can I join in please?

Lloyd

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Can I join in please?

Lloyd

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Of course you can Lloyd. Sorry I haven't got back to you after talking on the phone recently, been looking out some stuff for you. Was gonna let you know about this when I PM'd you.

Well, I think there is a definite genuine interest in the idea so it's just a matter of how to go about it. An official place on the boards is obviously down to Arch and the mods to decide and there are concerns about possible resentment from some board members. Since we can't do anything about that until there is some kind of communication from Arch, we should probably focus on our other two current suggestions.

A group PM is a possibility and is certainly workable. The boards PM system is very user friendly. The PM could be a bit cramped though.

The Comicopolis forum is another possibility. There is a lot more space to operate there and we wouldn't have to worry about treading in the toes of CGC. Adam has the problem of is work PC blocking the site though and some people may not like the idea of checking out a separate forum. (I do however recommend signing up to the Comicopolis forum anyway, it's a very friendly and relaxed UK based forum and a few of us in this thread have been members for some time).

I think a poll may be worthwhile to get an idea of which way the opinion is going. PM vs Comicopolis and you can vote for both.

I still like the idea of using both. I think I would sell on the Comicopolis boards with the view of linking to it in any PM thread. I also think you can try and sell on these boards with a link in the threads that alerts all UK boardies to the thread but like Nick says doesn't limit your market if yo have a high value book.

I still like the idea of using both. I think I would sell on the Comicopolis boards with the view of linking to it in any PM thread. I also think you can try and sell on these boards with a link in the threads that alerts all UK boardies to the thread but like Nick says doesn't limit your market if yo have a high value book.

Sounds good to me, I can't see any reason why any of us can't use a combination of PM and Comicopolis forum. (thumbs u

Sounds good to me, I can't see any reason why any of us can't use a combination of PM and Comicopolis forum. (thumbs u

Im up for this too. Keeps everyone in and happy.

About time we had a bit new blood Andrew. :headbang:

And what was wrong with the old blood :baiting:

There is not much old blood left.

We might get to see a few comic pics on there, what with you still not having a scanner :baiting:

Too busy buying up the comics you have yet to get yer paws on - they are few and far between tho.

Anyway I don't even have a pc anymore - use a xoom now. This is 2012 y'know.

List update

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Edited by gaz973

We might get to see a few comic pics on there, what with you still not having a scanner :baiting:

Too busy buying up the comics you have yet to get yer paws on - they are few and far between tho.

What the hell is a xoom? (shrug)

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

What the hell is a xoom? (shrug)

What the hell is a ipad :preach:

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Sorry I missed you. :blush:

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

I'm sure I added myself to this but I'm not on there?

List update

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

I'm sure I added myself to this but I'm not on there?

Yeah, I think I remember you adding yourself so I'm not sure how you got cut out. It's probably best if everyone checks that they are on the list.

Im up for this too. Keeps everyone in and happy.

I voted for both - I just won't be able to use Comicopolis during the working day unless I can figure a way round our firewall...