• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

My proposal for guidelines:

- One sales circular PM per month ("January sales", "February sales" etc.) Good idea.

- all members of the circulation list post items for sale in the same PM thread throughout the month

What if we Are all given a day or two, let's say the 1st of every month, to get our lists up. This way we can simply edit the one post we have so not to clutter it with one sellers many individual post..

- sellers update when items are sold (not every single time necessarily, but to make an effort to keep things relatively current)

I agree but please see my last point

- up to sellers whether or not to include prices, rules for "I'll take it" etc. (my suggestion is that this is restricted to cases where there are a small number of items for sale - say up to 5 - to avoid clutter)

- unless there is an "I'll take it" option, all offers, negotiations etc. to take place via one-to-one PMs.

Personally, I think prices should be indicated. Any further negotiations can be made else where but I like to know a ball park, but that may just be me. Having said that I'm thinking about selling my whole collection so I could list 3000 comics, without prices and would save lots of time : :/

- hopefully this will never be needed, but any disputes etc. to be dealt with separately from the sales thread (whether in the main thread probation discussion, UK forum or a separate circular PM).

I agree, but I think a separate UK only PM to everybody, then probation thread. Basically an order of procedures should be agreed before we start etc.

- each month we make sure that new names are added to that month's circular as new people join the boards and want to be involved.

Agree!

Thoughts/additions?

Seems like wether to include prices might be a main point so can this be left flexible? I'd sooner see prices if individual comics are listed but then if it's a bulk run being offered an enquiry on issues wanted and cost can easily be made.

- One sales circular PM per month ("January sales", "February sales" etc.) Good idea.

- all members of the circulation list post items for sale in the same PM thread throughout the month

What if we Are all given a day or two, let's say the 1st of every month, to get our lists up. This way we can simply edit the one post we have so not to clutter it with one sellers many individual post..

- sellers update when items are sold (not every single time necessarily, but to make an effort to keep things relatively current)

- up to sellers whether or not to include prices, rules for "I'll take it" etc. (my suggestion is that this is restricted to cases where there are a small number of items for sale - say up to 5 - to avoid clutter)

- unless there is an "I'll take it" option, all offers, negotiations etc. to take place via one-to-one PMs.

Personally, I think prices should be indicated. Any further negotiations can be made else where but I like to know a ball park, but that may just be me. Having said that I'm thinking about selling my whole collection so I could list 3000 comics, without prices and would save lots of time : :/

- hopefully this will never be needed, but any disputes etc. to be dealt with separately from the sales thread (whether in the main thread probation discussion, UK forum or a separate circular PM).

I agree, but I think a separate UK only PM to everybody, then probation thread. Basically an order of procedures should be agreed before we start etc.

- each month we make sure that new names are added to that month's circular as new people join the boards and want to be involved.

Agree!

Thoughts/additions?

Gaz, thanks for the responses. Unless I'm mistaken though, you can't edit PMs. Were you talking about starting an actual thread in Copper/Modern or something?

I'm not sure about the idea of requiring things to be listed on the first couple of days of the month - but people should definitley be encouraged to have as few lists as possible for the reason you say. Perhaps we could say no more than one list a week per person?

I think including prices should be encouraged, but not required. It's really the seller's look out if no prices are included, as then they might have to contend with hundreds of PMs asking for prices. Maybe we should say including a price is strongly encouraged unless you are listing more than X items?

Keep the ideas coming! This could be really good if it gets off the ground.

Agree!

Thoughts/additions?

Gaz, thanks for the responses. Unless I'm mistaken though, you can't edit PMs. Were you talking about starting an actual thread in Copper/Modern or something?

I'm not sure about the idea of requiring things to be listed on the first couple of days of the month - but people should definitley be encouraged to have as few lists as possible for the reason you say. Perhaps we could say no more than one list a week per person?

I think including prices should be encouraged, but not required. It's really the seller's look out if no prices are included, as then they might have to contend with hundreds of PMs asking for prices. Maybe we should say including a price is strongly encouraged unless you are listing more than X items?

You can edit PMs I just looked back at a pm I sent a fortnight ago and I can still edit it's. I think one sales post per person per month would be enough, if you can edit it. It would simply stop it from getting too cluttered and confusing.

Edited by gaz2810i

I agree with the above term, however, we should make sure we comply with the Board rules as well, e.g. No dual listing of say EBay. We do not want to face the wrath of Arch.

+1

Agree!

Thoughts/additions?

You can edit PMs I just looked back at a pm I sent a fortnight ago and I can still edit it's. I think one sales post per person per month would be enough, if you can edit it. It would simply stop it from getting too cluttered and confusing.

If you can edit PMs, then I 100% agree with you. Also agree that we need to stick to the board rules.

I would be happy to be responsible for kicking things off each month with a PM to the group showing a brief reminder of the rules for any new people, and for maintaining the list of recipients.

We should definitely wait a couple of days so that people can have their say on the rules before finalising things. Maybe given the Jubilee, mid next week would be a good time to kick off with a June thread?

I think that the idea is about right at the moment. Adams plan sounds good to me but with the requirement for an asking price and also one sales post per person in each PM. There is no time limit on editing PMs so that should work fine. (thumbs u However people should be aware that there will be no notification when a PM is edited so they should check in to see if anything has been added.

BTW Adam, didn't get the group PM started by you.

Oh yeah, and I think it'd be a good idea to wait a couple of days for the stragglers too. (thumbs u

I'm happy to give it until next week to get things started. Will give people including myself time to sort books out and get invloved with the planning process. Sticking to current board rules is a must where can be implemented, with any differences due to format set out as we are currently doing.

I think everyone needs to agree at the beginning to the rules so we can avoid any future conflicts, if someone isnt happy then we can make alterations or they can choose not to participate. Is it worth electing someone as a mod or whatever title, for the pm thread to rule on any issues that arise?

List update

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Is it worth electing someone as a mod or whatever title, for the pm thread to rule on any issues that arise?

I'm not sure if it would be necessary, majority vote may be sufficient for any issues. What does everyone else think?

Is it worth electing someone as a mod or whatever title, for the pm thread to rule on any issues that arise?

I'm not sure if it would be necessary, majority vote may be sufficient for any issues. What does everyone else think?

I think we are all good people here that a mod is not needed

I agree :)

I agree that we're all good people here and the likelyhood of an unresolved dispute is unlikely, but still saying that in the short time Iv been on the boards I have seen some rows flare up. In these cases it's taken a mod to lay down the law and put a stop to the argument. I'm sure on this small scale it'll be fine though. We can always just refer to some of the senior boards members like Garry or nick if we need a ruling rather than officially appointing anyone.

Not that I'm saying who's more senior or anything on the boards :fear:

Edited by PsychoJ

I agree :)

+1