• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Is it worth electing someone as a mod or whatever title, for the pm thread to rule on any issues that arise?

I'm not sure if it would be necessary, majority vote may be sufficient for any issues. What does everyone else think?

I think we are all good people here that a mod is not needed

(thumbs u

Or you could all join my website and trade from there :whistle:

For those that aren't already members of course.

Actually this idea isn't without merit. On the Comicopolis forum we could have a whole forum section devoted to it. hm

Not to mention there would be a few other members who would probably take part. hm

Or you could all join my website and trade from there :whistle:

For those that aren't already members of course.

Actually this idea isn't without merit. On the Comicopolis forum we could have a whole forum section devoted to it. hm

Not to mention there would be a few other members who would probably take part. hm

I have my moments.

http://comicopolis.ning.com/

Would be nice to have some new faces over there.

Neil

Yeah, Its a great place full of good people. I don't quite know why I haven't been visiting there that often, but then again I haven't been visiting here very often either.

I think using Comicopolis as a place to sell a very good idea, then we could all just put up stock like we would here.

Everyone could have their own selling thread there, eliminating the problem of it all being overcrowded into one PM.

Morning everyone. Well Iv applied for a membership over on comicpolIs. What does this mean for our pm sales thread? I'm happy for it to see a trail run still. At least we know there will be a target audience involved. What are other peoples thoughts?

What about we set up a monthly pm thread as already stated. If you want to post books in there then great but Maybe it would be recommended to be more lInked base (shrug)

You could set up a thread either here, if you want to include non uk boardies, Comicoplis if you want to keep it mostly Uk, eBay it you want the wider custom base or like is being discussed, in the actual PM if you want it to be exclusively for the CGC UK PM group. Just a thought and the best of a number worlds.

You then just throw the link to you sales threads up in the PM and we can all know what's what.

Edited by gaz2810i

I am happy with what the majority agree, however, we must remember that we cannot put a sales thread stuff here on these boards if the item(s) are selling elsewhere.

Has anyone asked Arch if there could be a UK sales forum - not to exclude NOn-UK individuals but to help UK buyers and sellers increase trade especially with larger items or bulk purchases?

EDIT - also with low priced items that have no interest to overseas buyers due to postage.

Edited by Waylander

I am happy with what the majority agree, however, we must remember that we cannot put a sales thread stuff here on these boards if the item(s) are selling elsewhere.

Has anyone asked Arch if there could be a UK sales forum - not to exclude NOn-UK individuals but to help UK buyers and sellers increase trade especially with larger items or bulk purchases?

I wasn't suggesting that we did, only that we could place a thread somehwere and use A monthly PM mailshot to inform everybody of where that sales thread is, whether here, Comicopolis, Ebay or anywhere else they want to put it.We could then, also, use that thread to deal in exclusives, for CGC UK boardies only deals.

I'm happy with whatever the majority decides

Maybe I'll send Arch a PM later to see if there's any chance of a UK selling area here.

I wasn't suggesting that we did, only that we could place a thread somehwere and use A monthly PM mailshot to inform everybody of where that sales thread is, whether here, Comicopolis, Ebay or anywhere else they want to put it.We could then, also, use that thread to deal in exclusives, for CGC UK boardies only deals.

I'm happy with whatever the majority decides

Well, from a purely selfish point of view I'd like to keep things on here - but that's because my work firewall blocks Comicopolis but not CGC!

Why don't we give the PM thing a chance and see how it goes? If there's little action after a couple of months we can always drop it and move things to Comicopolis or elsewhere.

In the meantime, I will reengage with Arch to see about a UK sellers' sub-forum - it sounds like there is a lot of interest in/support for that idea.