• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Has anyone actually asked any of the mods if we can set up a new section? There certainly seems enough of us with an interest in selling.

This thread alone gets more input than the whole Copper section.

Edited by Stryfe1000

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

Psychoj

Iv got books to sell which might be helped by offering cheaper p&p in the good ol UK of A

I'll take a look at the list tonight to see what updates need doing and do them all then.

OK, Chris has got the ball rolling with his PM. I'm wondering if one big ongoing PM might be better to avoid everybody getting their PM inbox filled up with lots of these PMs? What are everyones thoughts?

Has anyone actually asked any of the mods if we can set up a new section? There certainly seems enough of us with an interest in selling.

I think it's doubtful that the mods will want to bother about giving a bunch of us our own section but I guess if we get enough names on the list then there's no harm in asking.

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Count me in.

Adam

I wanna play too. :cry:

Forget I said anything about adding yourself in, I'll do it. :facepalm:

:foryou:

Hey Neil. :hi:

Aswell as selling items can we throw in want to buys aswell?

Sounds like a good idea to me. (thumbs u

I'll take a look at the list tonight to see what updates need doing and do them all then.

OK, Chris has got the ball rolling with his PM. I'm wondering if one big ongoing PM might be better to avoid everybody getting their PM inbox filled up with lots of these PMs? What are everyones thoughts?

Yeah I should have probably titled it something different doh!

Yeah I should have probably titled it something different doh!

I've just sent a separate one with a couple of things, but I agree with this - one PM circular showing things for sale, and updates showing things have sold, would work well.

But I think enquiries, negotiations etc. should obviously take place via one-to-one PM so as not to clutter up the main sales one.

Ok so if I'm abit slow here then yeah that's just me but a few questions? If I want to buy from an individual do i just pm them alone with what I want or doEs the whole purchase stay within the group pm? Obviously we're not doing I'll take it unless there's prices etc. in light of that do we need to post prices or discuss this with the individual if thier interested? Sorry to complicate things guys I know we're just trying to keep this simple but some guidelines always help.

Will mods mind this being done as being confined to pm's?

Edited by PsychoJ

The discussion on my last thread got as far as asking the mods whether we could have a UK icon that would help people in the various markets identify when a seller was based in the UK.

Nothing ever came of that though. I'd love it if they did give us a sub-forum but I can see other people (Canadians?) asking for one as well, and that being used as a reason not to open the floodgates...

Why do I now have two messages in my inbox? I thought it was going to be confined to one??

This should probably be obvious, but you have two messages becuase two separate people (me and Bane) sent separate PMs to the group.

I did so because Bane titled the initial thread "Bane's Inventory" and I didn't want to confuse the issue. After I posted it, I read the suggestion that we have only one sales thread, which I agree with.

Hopefully that's clear. I'm sure for the time being people can cope with two separate sales threads from two different people! But we should try and agree some guidelines that keep people's mailboxes as uncluttered as possible.

Adam

My proposal for guidelines:

- One sales circular PM per month ("January sales", "February sales" etc.)

- all members of the circulation list post items for sale in the same PM thread throughout the month

- sellers update when items are sold (not every single time necessarily, but to make an effort to keep things relatively current)

- up to sellers whether or not to include prices, rules for "I'll take it" etc. (my suggestion is that this is restricted to cases where there are a small number of items for sale - say up to 5 - to avoid clutter)

- unless there is an "I'll take it" option, all offers, negotiations etc. to take place via one-to-one PMs.

- hopefully this will never be needed, but any disputes etc. to be dealt with separately from the sales thread (whether in the main thread probation discussion, UK forum or a separate circular PM).

- each month we make sure that new names are added to that month's circular as new people join the boards and want to be involved.

Thoughts/additions?

- all members of the circulation list post items for sale in the same PM thread throughout the month

- sellers update when items are sold (not every single time necessarily, but to make an effort to keep things relatively current)

- up to sellers whether or not to include prices, rules for "I'll take it" etc. (my suggestion is that this is restricted to cases where there are a small number of items for sale - say up to 5 - to avoid clutter)

- unless there is an "I'll take it" option, all offers, negotiations etc. to take place via one-to-one PMs.

- hopefully this will never be needed, but any disputes etc. to be dealt with separately from the sales thread (whether in the main thread probation discussion, UK forum or a separate circular PM).

- each month we make sure that new names are added to that month's circular as new people join the boards and want to be involved.

Thoughts/additions?

(thumbs u

Those sound pretty good to me, let's give everyone a chance to reply though before anything is set in stone.

In terms of non compliance to rules I suggest a mob style attack on said perpetrator, who after a good thrashing is then displayed in the stocks to have rotten veg thrown at :boo:

Why do I now have two messages in my inbox? I thought it was going to be confined to one??

This should probably be obvious, but you have two messages becuase two separate people (me and Bane) sent separate PMs to the group.

I did so because Bane titled the initial thread "Bane's Inventory" and I didn't want to confuse the issue. After I posted it, I read the suggestion that we have only one sales thread, which I agree with.

Hopefully that's clear. I'm sure for the time being people can cope with two separate sales threads from two different people! But we should try and agree some guidelines that keep people's mailboxes as uncluttered as possible.

Adam

Yeah, my fault, I jumped the gun :sorry:

Thoughts/additions?

(thumbs u

As a side note, I've consigned all my Bat undercopies with ComicanaDirect so please check that out as well.