• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unrestored Action 1 to be in next comicconnect auction

878 posts in this topic

So that puts it at what -- 500K - 600K? That's pretty rarefied air up there -- if it was in the 1.0 - 3.0 range, I think there would be some competitive competition that will not be there at 6.0. That's quite a coup for Ben and ComicConnect!

I would say more around 400-450K

Either way it will be fun to see the bidding on that baby. It will be good for the hobby to see how an unrestored Action 1 will do on the open market (thumbs u

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go lower that a lot of the estimates being thrown around. Once you get up into the "funny money" prices you're running into people who have the dough to get a better copy. There's not a linear relation between grade & price. $80K for a 2.0 may be the best copy someone can afford. It's hard to make that relationship once you get over 1/4 mil. Especially at auction.

Are you going to want to be the guy who sets a record for a copy that may not even be in the top 10 existing?

So that puts it at what -- 500K - 600K? That's pretty rarefied air up there -- if it was in the 1.0 - 3.0 range, I think there would be some competitive competition that will not be there at 6.0. That's quite a coup for Ben and ComicConnect!

I would say more around 400-450K

Either way it will be fun to see the bidding on that baby. It will be good for the hobby to see how an unrestored Action 1 will do on the open market (thumbs u

That's around what I was thinking at the high end. $400k would break the record. I don't think it would go for much more than that. Of course, I've been wrong before :banana:

if it is raw and supposedly a FINE, why wouldn't the seller CGC certify it, which we all know would bring a higher price ? maybe it's a "Metro" FINE hm

hopefully it's CGC graded. should be fun to watch.

then again, if it is CGC 6.0, I can see it pushing higher...much higher!....

will certainly be fun to watch (and bid, up to a certain point)...

the market is really primed for this, so we might see a new record set!

if it is raw and supposedly a FINE, why wouldn't the seller CGC certify it, which we all know would bring a higher price ? maybe it's a "Metro" FINE hm

real fun!

real fun!

more fun for you I think, as I will only be a "spectator" lol

my thoughts are if it is a raw fine, about $350K...

I agree. If it is raw then I lower my estimate to what that dorky Gator fan above me said :makepoint:

why the hell would anyone sell an unrestored fine raw? (not directed at you; wondering aloud). Doesn't make sense. Getting it slabbed and putting any restoration questions to rest would be worth a ton of dough to the potential buyer.

I agree. If it is raw then I lower my estimate to what that dorky Gator fan above me said :makepoint:

why the hell would anyone sell an unrestored fine raw? (not directed at you; wondering aloud). Doesn't make sense. Getting it slabbed and putting any restoration questions to rest would be worth a ton of dough to the potential buyer.

The book will be CGC graded. It has not been graded yet.

(worship)

The scale above is from my point of view too high.

That's because you're like 5' 6" :baiting:

If that is how we figure things then I'm thinking

2.0 $1,000,000

3.0 $2,000,000

4.0 $3,000,000

etc. etc. etc.

wow... impressive book steve. cool to get confirmation.

I really think this is going to be one of the most interesting things in comics in a long time. It's seems odd to see a book like this on CC , but then again the exposure the site will get will be huge for Stephen and Ben , and watching the bidding go into (potentially) the upper stratosphere will be exciting as hell!! I'm guessing there will have to be a healthy reserve, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Current Census for 22 universal copies at http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Action+Comics&issue=1&publisher=D%2EC%2E+Comics&year=1938&issuedate=6%2F38 :

8.5 - 1

8.0 - 0

7.5 - 1

7.0 - 0

6.5 - 2

6.0 - 0

5.5 - 1

5.0 - 0

4.5 - 1

4.0 - 5

3.5 - 2

3.0 - 3