• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resub Results?

33 posts in this topic

I have cracked and resubbed 15 books. 10 came back higher :acclaim: 3 came back the same. meh and the other two.....still trying to figure those out, since in theory they look nicer than the assigned grade- how the heck they could grade lower...I dunno. :pullhair:

No "work" was done to any of them.

I have had one book pressed which went from an 8.5 to a 9.0.

When I first purchased slabbed books I invariably cracked them out. As a consequence, I've resubmitted dozens of books in the last few years.

Some grades have gone up. In one case, by alot (from 9.0 to 9.4). Some grades have gone down. In one case, by alot (from 9.2 to 8.5). I had a book purchased as a blue label 9.0 come back (after spending a few years without manipulation in a mylar with fullback) as a green label 9.0, with "staples cleaned". Some books received the same numerical grade but changed their page quality designation. I've also had plenty of books receive the same grade.

I've only cracked and re-subbed one comic. A CGC 9.6 White pages New Mutants #98 was re-subbed and came back a CGC 9.8 White pages.

That's the only comic I really thought had a shot at 9.8 when I first subbed it.

Brian

I saw that MK broke out a 9.6, had it signed and it came back a 9.8

Yeah that was my X-Men 117 ... that came back to me... :applause:

My own little test a few months back didn't have quite the same results.

Don't forget the Hulk #181 that was busted out of it's 9.6 case, signed, and came back 9.8....

I had a bad yr last year with cracking slabs for signatures.

11 books submitted for signatures. 5 dropped in grade. (1) 9.8 to 9.2 damaged in transit, (1) 9.8 to 9.6, (2) 9.6 to 9.2 damaged in transit, and (1) 9.4 to 9.2.

All the rest stayed the same.

11 books submitted for signatures. 5 dropped in grade. (1) 9.8 to 9.2 damaged in transit, (1) 9.8 to 9.6, (2) 9.6 to 9.2 damaged in transit, and (1) 9.4 to 9.2.

Ouch! Damaged in transit meaning the witness damaged it while either cracking it out or taking it to get signed? Or damaged going to CGC?

Is society spelled wrong on purpose?

lol LOL lol

You're the first person who noticed that!!! You get a cookie!

lol

I was waiting for someone to say something... I made it so obvious... It was my little Ron Burgundy moment.

Ouch! Damaged in transit meaning the witness damaged it while either cracking it out or taking it to get signed? Or damaged going to CGC?

going to CGC. :cry:

Had my first resub, it came back the same grade. It was cracked out for the CGC SS. Let's hope that stays the same. Because next week at the NYCC, I'm looking to crack out 4 books to get them signed for CGC SS. :wishluck: