• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

Think I heard somewhere that Bale is Pro-pressing as he does not feel it is a form of restoration. :applause:

Discuss. (:

I heard for his role in the Machinist, he had large women sit on him and press him into a skinny little, wee man. It worked wonders for the role and that's why he's pro pressing.

hmmmmmmm......large women!!! :sumo::devil:

Christian Bale: Am I going to walk around and rip your ------- lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the ---- are you walking right through? Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the background. What the ---- is it with you? What don't you ------- understand? You got any ------- idea about, hey, it's ------- distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the ------- scene? Give me a ------- answer! What don't you get about it?

Shane Hurlbut: I was looking at the light.

Bale: Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was ------- good, because it's useless now, isn't it?

Hurlbut: OK.

Bale: ----- sake man, you're amateur. McG, you got ------- something to say to this ?

Director Joseph 'McG' McGinty Nichol: I didn't see it happen.

Bale: Well, somebody should be ------- watching and keeping an eye on him.

McG: Fair enough.

Bale: It's the second time that he doesn't give a ---- about what is going on in front of the camera, all right? I'm trying to ------- do a scene here, and I am going "Why the ---- is Shane walking in there? What is he doing there?" Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that?

Hurlbut: I absolutely apologise. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything by it.

Bale: Stay off the ------- set man. For ----- sake. Alright, let's go again.

McG: Let's just take a minute.

Bale: Let's not take a ------- minute, let's go again.

Bale: I'm going to ------- kick your ------- if you don't shut up for a second! All right?

Unknown voices: Christian, Christian. It's cool.

Bale: I'm going to go... Do you want me to ------- go trash your lights?

Do you want me to ------- trash 'em? Then why are you trashing my scene?

Hurlbut: I'm not trying to trash your scene.

Bale: You are trashing my scene!

Hurlbut: Christian, I was only...

Bale: You do it one more ------- time and I ain't walking on this set if you're still hired. I'm ------- serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't ------- cut it when you're ------- around like this on set.

lol

i don't even understand what the argument is about. if someone want to think he's an hass for yelling at that dude the so be it.

brasseye wants to tell everyone they are wrong for that (shrug)

i don't get it.

I wouldnt compare Acting and being a Police Officer. Anyway with Bale's Ranting you would think he needed extra concentration for some dramatic/Shakespeare type movie.

I just found out he was making Terminator 4 which is just a popcorn movie :makepoint:lol

Not comparing jobs....comparing human nature. We al lose it from time to time. It happens, but because hes an actor everyone thinks he's being a goof, when hes really probably just had a crappy day and overreacted.

(thumbs u

Either some people here have never, ever had a bad day or they are Zen masters of self control. I'm not buying anything from the sanctimonious crowd here.

Got to dish out the big DITTO here.

(thumbs u

i don't even understand what the argument is about. if someone want to think he's an hass for yelling at that dude the so be it.

i don't get it.

R-, you can say or do as you want, just don't judge someone you know nothing about.

Want to re-read you own thread a few more times doh!

i don't get it.

R-, you can say or do as you want, just don't judge someone you know nothing about.

clearly things are not going well for you at home or work or whatever. we all have our down times, thats fine. but there is no reason to bring it here.

In the Marine Corps, they teach you to do something. Anything, when things go wrong. The worst thing you can do is not make a decision. Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all.

Sure, some decisions by those with the power to make decisions (Generals, Presidents, Judges, Cops, Firemen, Doctors, etc) turn out to be the wrong decision. But at least they MADE ONE. They didn't just sit on the sidelines saying "uh, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings", or "hmmm, maybe we should not judge this terrorist or criminal, lest someone judge us".

If the she-it hits the fan, believe me. I want someone to make a darn decision. I don't expect them to be right everytime. Just give it your best shot and make the darn decision. I can make one, anytime, about anything. I won't always be right. But I will make one, and it will be with the best intentions.

What more can a person ask?

Actually, scratch all the stuff I just said. I don't see any real point in arguing about this. I see what happened with Bale as no big deal so that's just my opinion. Really no need for me to enter strike territory by telling you what I really think.

I'm confused now. I don't know whether to applaud you for finally coming to your senses, or hide under my bed because you are going to do a Bale on me zzz

i don't get it.

clearly things are not going well for you at home or work or whatever. we all have our down times, thats fine. but there is no reason to bring it here.

Ya thanks man, I could really use a shoulder right now... gee gosh, all those guys that said you take it, they were so not completely wong.

Now thats! ...partronising done right (thumbs u

i don't get it.

Conversely, I don't need somebody telling me I don't know right from wrong b/c I'm not appalled by what Bale did.

If this kind of stuff is just so abhorring then I would recommend folks get out more often or at the very least don't try to paint those that would defend Bale as a bunch of know nothing asses, incapable of telling right from wrong. Funny, I never knew I had to live my life by somebody else's definition of what is proper behavior. Maybe somebody ought to tell conditionfreak that judges, cops and the Marine Corps are chock full of folks whose (and let me quote a line from Shooter) "moral compass is so ed up, I'd be surprised if you found your way to the parking lot."

I can't imagine something like Bale's actions getting under my skin. Seriously, don't people have real issues to deal with in life? How can something so trivial, done by an actor on the set, put people into such a self-righteous tizzy?

In the Marine Corps, they teach you to do something. Anything, when things go wrong. The worst thing you can do is not make a decision. Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all.

Sure, some decisions by those with the power to make decisions (Generals, Presidents, Judges, Cops, Firemen, Doctors, etc) turn out to be the wrong decision. But at least they MADE ONE. They didn't just sit on the sidelines saying "uh, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings", or "hmmm, maybe we should not judge this terrorist or criminal, lest someone judge us".

If the she-it hits the fan, believe me. I want someone to make a darn decision. I don't expect them to be right everytime. Just give it your best shot and make the darn decision. I can make one, anytime, about anything. I won't always be right. But I will make one, and it will be with the best intentions.

Actually, scratch all the stuff I just said. I don't see any real point in arguing about this. I see what happened with Bale as no big deal so that's just my opinion. Really no need for me to enter strike territory by telling you what I really think.

I'm confused now. I don't know whether to applaud you for finally coming to your senses, or hide under my bed because you are going to do a Bale on me zzz

You should applaud me. You see, I'm joining the Marine Corps. After that is over with i'm going to be a cop and then eventually a judge. Because you see, they are the only people capable of deciding right from wrong. You know, because i've never seen a crooked cop or judge and i've never heard of a whacked out Marine. Now where's that rolling my eyes graemlin?

"Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all"

Doesn't GW have that tatooed on his left buttock?

i don't get it.

Conversely, I don't need somebody telling me I don't know right from wrong b/c I'm not appalled by what Bale did.

If this kind of stuff is just so abhorring then I would recommend folks get out more often or at the very least don't try to paint those that would defend Bale as a bunch of know nothing asses, incapable of telling right from wrong. Funny, I never knew I had to live my life by somebody else's definition of what is proper behavior. Maybe somebody ought to tell conditionfreak that judges, cops and the Marine Corps are chock full of folks whose (and let me quote a line from Shooter) "moral compass is so ed up, I'd be surprised if you found your way to the parking lot."

I can't imagine something like Bale's actions getting under my skin. Seriously, don't people have real issues to deal with in life? How can something so trivial, done by an actor on the set, put people into such a self-righteous tizzy?

Again, you speak the truth! :golfclap:

Bale is a , but people here can't decide to string him up for it, on their say so.

i don't get it.

How long have you been here? Lots of folks on here that get all in a huff for the most mundane things, let 'em be...they're fun to mess with.

i don't get it.

How long have you been here? Lots of folks on here that get all in a huff for the most mundane things, let 'em be...they're fun to mess with.

:sumo: your right. that of course has 360 degrees of implication :baiting:

i don't get it.

Again, you speak the truth! :golfclap:

Bale is a , but people here can't decide to string him up for it, on their say so.

You see, I know nothing of Christian Bale. I don't know if he's an or not. I most certainly can't tell from a 4 minute clip what kind of person he is. I imagine it'd be hard to sum up one's life in 4 minutes. Apparently others here are more omnipotent than myself.

You should applaud me. You see, I'm joining the Marine Corps. After that is over with i'm going to be a cop and then eventually a judge. Because you see, they are the only people capable of deciding right from wrong. You know, because i've never seen a crooked cop or judge and i've never heard of a whacked out Marine. Now where's that rolling my eyes graemlin?

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite time in the future."

-Patton-

i don't get it.

Hey Trooper. Yup, i'm having a little bit of fun. General is much livelier than the bore fest that is the Gold forum. :grin:

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite time in the future."

-Patton-

Notice how in Patton's mind at least start with a "good" plan. cfreak would rather it just be any plan. Doesn't necessarily have to be good. lol

I actually liked Patton's style. It has it's uses. Bummer the way he went out. I think conditionfreak's comment just struck me as too general and well, somewhat absurd.

-Patton-

Notice how in Patton's mind at least start with a "good" plan. cfreak would rather it just be any plan. Doesn't necessarily have to be good. lol

I actually liked Patton's style. It has it's uses. Bummer the way he went out. I think conditionfreak's comment just struck me as too general and well, somewhat absurd.

I kind of like Mike Tyson's quote, "Everyone has a plan until they get in the ring with me."