• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

Christian Bale is/was one of my favorite actors. I have never heard so many F bombs in such a short period of time in my life. I have virtually lost all respect for him - perpaps he is not acting in his movies after all.

Deeply sorry I heard this.

I'm with you in that he has done some great work outside of Batman even. But when you start taking yourself so serious you lose your mind, there's a deeper problem.

It's like when Russell Crowe threw the phone at the hotel attendant out of anger about something that the poor guy had nothing to do with. If you get that lost in a role, find another line of work.

But I do understand a tiny bit of the frustration if you are in the "middle of the job" and someone comes stumbling through. That deserved some attention, but not 4+ minutes of it.

Agreed. It seems like he is reprising his role in the 2005 "Harsh Times" role (don't see that movie, even if you are a fan of his - it was not one of his better films). He seems to have some serious anger in his voice when he is shouting at people...

The self-importance of these clowns is astounding. A baseball player has a rock hard cylindrical object thrown near a hundred miles an hour about two feet from his head... him you can scream at and distract all you want. A boxer has a guy in front of him that is looking to knock him unconscious (or potentially kill him)... him you can scream at and distract all you want. But God forbid you happen to walk by an actor trying to act.

The self-importance of these clowns is astounding. A baseball player has a rock hard cylindrical object thrown near a hundred miles an hour about two feet from his head... him you can scream at and distract all you want. A boxer has a guy in front of him that is looking to knock him unconscious (or potentially kill him)... him you can scream at and distract all you want. But God forbid you happen to walk by an actor trying to act.

Excellent way to put it (thumbs u

Gives all new meaning to this little guy: :makepoint:

And it wasn't even walking in on the camera shot it was simply doing his job which sometimes requires him moving around behind the camera shot.

If an actor can't do his job unless everyone in the crew are frozen like deers in headlights only watching his stunning performance in motion he needs to work on his concentration and focus.

And it wasn't even walking in on the camera shot it was simply doing his job which sometimes requires him moving around behind the camera shot.

If an actor can't do his job unless everyone in the crew are frozen like deers in headlights only watching his stunning performance in motion he needs to work on his concentration and focus.

I've often wondered the same thing about golfers and tennis players... it's almost silly how the volunteers hold up their hands for quiet when a guy is about to tee off... or when they shush the crowd at a tennis match (to the point where players throw tantrums if they hear the click of a camera!)... like this takes more concentration than hitting a baseball or sinking a free throw where all hell can break loose in the stands. I guess golf and tennis (and acting) are just more elit... er... more "civilized" games!

You know, after listening to it a few times, I think he should have made a stronger point with the guy. He was too gentle. :screwy:

So we have politicians that do not pay taxes until necessary and actors that want the world to stop during their take. What next? ComicLink having an auction that brings 120% to $250% on some key books. Now that would be crazy.

If I ever met Bale I'd tell him how hard I fell for him after hearing that rant.

Point is, none of us were there to know what the h happened, and apparently this happened what, a year ago? Oh wow, a celebrity is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. Nichole Kidman once sat next to me in a sushi joint and she was a frigid person_without_enough_empathy. Oh well. I guess if I had paparazzi chasing me down all the damn time I'd be a little testy too.

"Frigid" is a strange word for a female to use in this context, but could possibly work. From your screen name, I assumed you are a female. Are you? Better to ask than to assume :)

Once during an NBA All Star game being held in Cleveland, I was working part time in the hotel where most of the players and high roller guests were staying for the weekends festivities. Patrick Ewing and someone I believe may have been his brother, were waiting for an elevator and my job was to keep the riff raff (us fans) away from the players in the hotel. A father sent his son who was about 6 or 7 years old, over to Ewing and the kid was carrying a really small basketball and a pen, and asked Patrick Ewing for his signature on the ball. I should have stopped the kid but I was handling an adult who was also trying to approach Ewing.

Anyway, I heard Ewing tell the kid "No, sorry kid" and the kid went back to his father, with his little sad face. Then I heard Ewing say to the other fellow with him, "The little M----- F----- wasn't supposed to be allowed in here anyway. F--- him".

I have had a distain for that man ever since.

Many celebs are nice and know where their bread is buttered. But many more seem to have one of those "I am somebody and you ain't" attitudes. David Robinson was one nice guy. So was Drew Cary and Jimmy Smits.

If I ever met Bale I'd tell him how hard I fell for him after hearing that rant.

Point is, none of us were there to know what the h happened, and apparently this happened what, a year ago? Oh wow, a celebrity is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. Nichole Kidman once sat next to me in a sushi joint and she was a frigid person_without_enough_empathy. Oh well. I guess if I had paparazzi chasing me down all the damn time I'd be a little testy too.

"Frigid" is a strange word for a female to use in this context, but could possibly work. From your screen name, I assumed you are a female. Are you? Better to ask than to assume :)

Please consult the "welcome to the boards Baltimore Lauren" thread Immediately. Then you can do the research on the Amazing Drag Queen 15 scandal. After you are done with that, peruse any of a number of "old news" threads and report back here to be laughed at...

Naw. Too much work. I ain't that interested.

Start laughing now. I don't believe anything I read on the internet.

One thing that is laughable though is how when a female comes to these boards, so many fall all over themselves trying to get her attention.

For instance, the famous "welcome to the boards Baltimorelauren" thread you mentioned. It was hilarious watching so many fawn and swoon.

Most people in the world are female. They ain't rare. I don't get it.

And yes, I like girls not guys. But like I said. They ain't rare. If Ernest Gerber gave them a scarcity index, it would have been a 1/2 or less. Now a women with a comic book collection might have been given a ten, I will admit.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

Here's another on-set freak-out. This time, it's Lily Tomlin VS. Director David O Russel on the set of I Heart Huckabees. This director is infamous for his temper and apparently he and George Cloony actually came to blows. I feel sorry for the woman squatting in the corner.

And here's a follow-up from another scene beside Dustin Hoffman. Naomi Watts and Mark Wahlberg are in the back seat, laughing uncomfortably. You can't blame them, it must have been awkward.

Yep, that sounds about right. At least you admit to it.

I liked it.

One of the few times i went to do some work on set those lighting,grip dudes were complete jerks with no hint of class what so ever.

I`m okay with an actor letting one have it.

I used to work in an environment where this is how you HAD to communicate. If you didn't bully people, you got bullied. Unfortunate, but true. It's the only way to get through to some people. I don't know if this was the case with this DP, so I'll reserve judgment of Bale.

I use to do some work from acting to even camera work.Talk about self-centered people.Lots of phonies, they don`t live in the real world. The Oscars are always boring because they don`t know what to say because there is no -script. With that being said Bale was right on this one as the DP was warned before. I am always surprised when people get upset with actors, they shouldn`t be considered role models. They are people who just make a living by making someone`s fictionous -script come alive.

I couldnt agree more with your post. Playing pretend for a living has obviously skewed his senses. It was a good rant, although I dont think I wouldve taken it as well as the DP did. You wouldnt like me when im angry.... Chris...... :mad: