• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

i don't even understand what the argument is about. if someone want to think he's an hass for yelling at that dude the so be it.

brasseye wants to tell everyone they are wrong for that (shrug)

i don't get it.

Conversely, I don't need somebody telling me I don't know right from wrong b/c I'm not appalled by what Bale did.

If this kind of stuff is just so abhorring then I would recommend folks get out more often or at the very least don't try to paint those that would defend Bale as a bunch of know nothing asses, incapable of telling right from wrong. Funny, I never knew I had to live my life by somebody else's definition of what is proper behavior. Maybe somebody ought to tell conditionfreak that judges, cops and the Marine Corps are chock full of folks whose (and let me quote a line from Shooter) "moral compass is so ed up, I'd be surprised if you found your way to the parking lot."

I can't imagine something like Bale's actions getting under my skin. Seriously, don't people have real issues to deal with in life? How can something so trivial, done by an actor on the set, put people into such a self-righteous tizzy?

Again, you speak the truth! :golfclap:

Bale is a , but people here can't decide to string him up for it, on their say so.

You see, I know nothing of Christian Bale. I don't know if he's an or not. I most certainly can't tell from a 4 minute clip what kind of person he is. I imagine it'd be hard to sum up one's life in 4 minutes. Apparently others here are more omnipotent than myself.

I didn't think my *spoon* deserved a *spoon* particualrly since I was quoting Happy Days...could you get more PG (shrug)

But I was trying to appease the bayers for his blood. ce'la vie

You know I always wondered how those threads that start off with the innocuous as "what colour is that dudes shirt". And 4 days later, it's 200 pages of mindless ranting drivel... nevermind, I think I just answered my own question about 2 pages back.

Monstro... you were saying...

In the Marine Corps, they teach you to do something. Anything, when things go wrong. The worst thing you can do is not make a decision. Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all.

Sure, some decisions by those with the power to make decisions (Generals, Presidents, Judges, Cops, Firemen, Doctors, etc) turn out to be the wrong decision. But at least they MADE ONE. They didn't just sit on the sidelines saying "uh, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings", or "hmmm, maybe we should not judge this terrorist or criminal, lest someone judge us".

If the she-it hits the fan, believe me. I want someone to make a darn decision. I don't expect them to be right everytime. Just give it your best shot and make the darn decision. I can make one, anytime, about anything. I won't always be right. But I will make one, and it will be with the best intentions.

What more can a person ask?

Actually, scratch all the stuff I just said. I don't see any real point in arguing about this. I see what happened with Bale as no big deal so that's just my opinion. Really no need for me to enter strike territory by telling you what I really think.

I'm confused now. I don't know whether to applaud you for finally coming to your senses, or hide under my bed because you are going to do a Bale on me zzz

You should applaud me. You see, I'm joining the Marine Corps. After that is over with i'm going to be a cop and then eventually a judge. Because you see, they are the only people capable of deciding right from wrong. You know, because i've never seen a crooked cop or judge and i've never heard of a whacked out Marine. Now where's that rolling my eyes graemlin?

"Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all"

Doesn't GW have that tatooed on his left buttock?

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite time in the future."

-Patton-

Notice how in Patton's mind at least start with a "good" plan. cfreak would rather it just be any plan. Doesn't necessarily have to be good. lol

I actually liked Patton's style. It has it's uses. Bummer the way he went out. I think conditionfreak's comment just struck me as too general and well, somewhat absurd.

If you like Patton's style, read "A Soldier's Life". One of the best books I've ever read. Even though he was ambitious beyond belief, rough around the edges...that man got things done. One of the greatest military minds we've ever had.

You guys disgust me! This is a forum for discussing comics and you wanna discuss some in two bit actor??? you wanna discuss this rather than in comics....???? Well, gooood for you. How was it??? Good, because this in threads useless now!!! I gonna kick your in arses if you bring up Christian Bale again. Your all in amature. You do it one more in time and I'm walking off this in forum, and Im not coming back if your all still in here. Your nice guys, Your nice guys, but that don't cut it when your on a in forum like this.

Sorry guys....Christian Bale hacked my account!!!

:jokealert:

You guys disgust me! This is a forum for discussing comics and you wanna discuss some in two bit actor??? you wanna discuss this rather than in comics....???? Well, gooood for you. How was it??? Good, because this in threads useless now!!! I gonna kick your in arses if you bring up Christian Bale again. Your all in amature. You do it one more in time and I'm walking off this in forum, and Im not coming back if your all still in here. Your nice guys, Your nice guys, but that don't cut it when your on a in forum like this.

Sorry guys....Christian Bale hacked my account!!!

^^

:jokealert:

i don't even understand what the argument is about. if someone want to think he's an hass for yelling at that dude the so be it.

i don't get it.

Conversely, I don't need somebody telling me I don't know right from wrong b/c I'm not appalled by what Bale did.

If this kind of stuff is just so abhorring then I would recommend folks get out more often or at the very least don't try to paint those that would defend Bale as a bunch of know nothing asses, incapable of telling right from wrong. Funny, I never knew I had to live my life by somebody else's definition of what is proper behavior. Maybe somebody ought to tell conditionfreak that judges, cops and the Marine Corps are chock full of folks whose (and let me quote a line from Shooter) "moral compass is so ed up, I'd be surprised if you found your way to the parking lot."

I can't imagine something like Bale's actions getting under my skin. Seriously, don't people have real issues to deal with in life? How can something so trivial, done by an actor on the set, put people into such a self-righteous tizzy?

thats what i don't understand. where in this thread did someone say you or brasseye or anyone else was wrong for thinking Bale's actions we're justified?

it seems like it was the other way around.

i don't get it.

furthermore who said Bale was getting under anyone's skin (shrug)

are you guys just making stuff up now?

i don't get it.

Yup. Seems like the ones rushing to Bale's defense are in a self-righteous tizzy.

Everyone else simply commented on the obvious based on a FOUR MINUTE tirade directed at an underling - he's an arrogant a-hole.

What a shock... a big movie star who slaps around his 60 year old mother is a jerk to other people too.

Waitaminute... maybe I should convene a grand jury to evaluate all the facts before I reach such an outrageous conclusion. meh

i don't get it.

Yup. Seems like the ones rushing to Bale's defense are in a self-righteous tizzy.

Everyone else simply commented on the obvious based on a FOUR MINUTE tirade directed at an underling - he's an arrogant a-hole.

What a shock... a big movie star who slaps around his 60 year old mother is a jerk to other people too.

Waitaminute... maybe I should convene a grand jury to evaluate all the facts before I reach such an outrageous conclusion. meh

zzz

Is this still going on? There must be a hockey game on somewhere.

In the Marine Corps, they teach you to do something. Anything, when things go wrong. The worst thing you can do is not make a decision. Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all.

Sure, some decisions by those with the power to make decisions (Generals, Presidents, Judges, Cops, Firemen, Doctors, etc) turn out to be the wrong decision. But at least they MADE ONE. They didn't just sit on the sidelines saying "uh, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings", or "hmmm, maybe we should not judge this terrorist or criminal, lest someone judge us".

If the she-it hits the fan, believe me. I want someone to make a darn decision. I don't expect them to be right everytime. Just give it your best shot and make the darn decision. I can make one, anytime, about anything. I won't always be right. But I will make one, and it will be with the best intentions.

What more can a person ask?

Actually, scratch all the stuff I just said. I don't see any real point in arguing about this. I see what happened with Bale as no big deal so that's just my opinion. Really no need for me to enter strike territory by telling you what I really think.

I'm confused now. I don't know whether to applaud you for finally coming to your senses, or hide under my bed because you are going to do a Bale on me zzz

You should applaud me. You see, I'm joining the Marine Corps. After that is over with i'm going to be a cop and then eventually a judge. Because you see, they are the only people capable of deciding right from wrong. You know, because i've never seen a crooked cop or judge and i've never heard of a whacked out Marine. Now where's that rolling my eyes graemlin?

Doesn't GW have that tatooed on his left buttock?

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite time in the future."

-Patton-

Notice how in Patton's mind at least start with a "good" plan. cfreak would rather it just be any plan. Doesn't necessarily have to be good. lol

I actually liked Patton's style. It has it's uses. Bummer the way he went out. I think conditionfreak's comment just struck me as too general and well, somewhat absurd.

If you like Patton's style, read "A Soldier's Life". One of the best books I've ever read. Even though he was ambitious beyond belief, rough around the edges...that man got things done. One of the greatest military minds we've ever had.

I'll add it to my list. Just finished Steel My Soldiers' Hearts (Colonel David Hackworth) fantastic Vietnam book.

i don't get it.

thats what i don't understand. where in this thread did someone say you or brasseye or anyone else was wrong for thinking Bale's actions we're justified?

it seems like it was the other way around.

Just read any of cfreak's posts and make your own inferences.

Bale's actions were completely justified. Being a wealthy celebrity grants you leeway to treat inferiors as just that - inferior human beings.

You guys can whine and beeyotch on a comic message board all day with your holier than thou attitudes, meanwhile he's banking more money in a day than most of you slobs make in a year, and your wives are fantasizing about him while pleasuring themselves as you read this; a procedure they've had to become accustomed to, since you're all too busy spending your nights being "right" on a dorky message board. Screw communication; all a marriage really needs to succeed is a dorky hobby, and 12 inches of phallic plastic.

Good night. :acclaim:

wow i wish i could be as cool as you man (thumbs u

I wish people understood sarcasm.

Quote from Comical Hockey Guy: "You should applaud me. You see, I'm joining the Marine Corps. After that is over with i'm going to be a cop and then eventually a judge. Because you see, they are the only people capable of deciding right from wrong. You know, because i've never seen a crooked cop or judge and i've never heard of a whacked out Marine. Now where's that rolling my eyes graemlin?"

You won't make it in either of the three. For sure.

Another quote from Comical Hockey Guy: "Doesn't GW have that tatooed on his left buttock?"

If anyone knows, it is probably you. What's Obama got under his belly button?

:roflmao: