• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another shocking auction result (and the auction isn't over yet)

25 posts in this topic

shocker-2.jpg

.....don't be flashing gangs signs on this board!!! Isn't that against the rules???

:jokealert:

nope, not against the rules.

and you can have your pic take with me any time.

and didn't warren buffet say it's a good time to BUY in the stock market now? hm i'm sure he didn't say collectibles market. :insane:

There must be more than a few collectors that have rooms of cash that just don't care what a book is worth. It's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

shocker-2.jpg

.....don't be flashing gangs signs on this board!!! Isn't that against the rules???

:jokealert:

nope, not against the rules.

and you can have your pic take with me any time.

THE SHOCKER!!! :roflmao: I havent seen that since i was in the 5th grade

and didn't warren buffet say it's a good time to BUY in the stock market now? hm i'm sure he didn't say collectibles market. :insane:

There must be more than a few collectors that have rooms of cash that just don't care what a book is worth. It's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

but why now? CGC has been around since 2000. (shrug) that's why i keep thinking it's new $$$ in the collectibles market. :gossip:

Is this price absolutely insane? (does anyone have GPA info on this book?)

Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.4 (1st S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Auction ends in 21 days, and it's already at $2600 - guide price in 9.2 is $250. It's not a pedigreed copy, looks like it's slightly miscut, and has off-white to white pages. :o

I noticed that and was wondering whether it was a crazy price.

Since it's Heritage, we'll have to see whether the price suddenly mysteriously goes back down before the end of the auction. I remember that happened with a bunch of ultra-HG Gold Key Ducks a few auctions back.