• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think the ComicConnect Action #1 will sell for?

what will the GRAIL sell for?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. what will the GRAIL sell for?

349 posts in this topic

what is even more interesting, in talking with stever ritter (pedigree book author) and other collectors about Marvel1 this weekend, we kind of noted that of pedigree's, there seem to be "fewer" Ped copies of Marvel 1, when compared to, say Batman 1 or Superman 1 or Action 1, etc...

maybe the deceptive part is that these copies (like the Kansas City and the Denver and the Larson) have been listed and sold multiple times of late, but if you look across the gambit of all the major GA peds, Marvel 1 is the LEAST represented "key #1"....just food for thought...the perception vs reality thing

You must be joking comparing it to Action #1.

There are three ped copies, right? (Church, Larson, and KC) - that's it.

Of course it's more common than Batman #1 - bats is the most common of all the GA keys.

yes, I threw Action 1 in for "fun" (make sure folks are paying attention)...and Tec 27 is very close in Ped #'s (this one, I believe there are more peds than marvel 1) , but as far as Ped's go for Marvel 1, no Nova Scotia or San Fran or Chicago or Cosmic Aeroplane or Crippin/D or Hawkeye or Recil Macon or Spokane or Lost Valley or Okajima or Penn, etc...

from that standpoint, outside of the big "2" (and as mentioned, tec 27 might have as many or more), there are fewer Marvel1 Peds than folks might "think" due to the auctioning of the same 3-4 ped copies

I was talking with John Snyder about Marvel #1 not too long ago and a couple of points we discussed were 1) there are an amazing number of pedigree copies of Marvel #1 out there, and 2) for the most part all of them have turned up in the last 20 years, meaning that Marvel #1 is more abundant now than at any time during organized collecting (which could really be said for most books, but is remarkable when you think of it in terms of a 1930s key GA book).

When John bought the Church (then just Mile High) copy of Marvel #1 back in the mid 70s, there wasn't even another close competitor. There was no Pay Copy, no Denver copy, no Allentown, Larson, etc. John told me that back then, Marvel #1 was considered one of the two or three rarest of the major GA keys. Until the Church copy appeared a solid Fine was perhaps the best copy known.

When Vinnie starts doing ComicZone Radio interviews again he really should consider sitting down and talking with Snyder. There really wasn't a more high profile collector/investor at the very start of the price explosion.

Very interesting. If you can ask Synder about his thoughts as to how rare the October print might be as I have only seen maybe 3 or 4 copies ever. I take it copies of the October version were even harder to come by during the pre-internet days and there are no pedigree copies as far I know? My ultimate grail and my favorite topic!

what is even more interesting, in talking with stever ritter (pedigree book author) and other collectors about Marvel1 this weekend, we kind of noted that of pedigree's, there seem to be "fewer" Ped copies of Marvel 1, when compared to, say Batman 1 or Superman 1 or Action 1, etc...

maybe the deceptive part is that these copies (like the Kansas City and the Denver and the Larson) have been listed and sold multiple times of late, but if you look across the gambit of all the major GA peds, Marvel 1 is the LEAST represented "key #1"....just food for thought...the perception vs reality thing

You must be joking comparing it to Action #1.

There are three ped copies, right? (Church, Larson, and KC) - that's it.

Of course it's more common than Batman #1 - bats is the most common of all the GA keys.

Was there a KC copy of Action 1? I thought it was only the Church & Larson.

yes, I threw Action 1 in for "fun" (make sure folks are paying attention)...and Tec 27 is very close in Ped #'s (this one, I believe there are more peds than marvel 1) , but as far as Ped's go for Marvel 1, no Nova Scotia or San Fran or Chicago or Cosmic Aeroplane or Crippin/D or Hawkeye or Recil Macon or Spokane or Lost Valley or Okajima or Penn, etc...

from that standpoint, outside of the big "2" (and as mentioned, tec 27 might have as many or more), there are fewer Marvel1 Peds than folks might "think" due to the auctioning of the same 3-4 ped copies

Spokane? Might as well go ahead and note that there is no Marvel #1 in the Curator or Pacific Coast collections also.

Let's at least stick to similar time periods.

Gator: Is that the Spokane copy of Marvel #1?

Crow: Spokane? That book has never even been in an airplane that flew over Spokane.

:baiting:

Isnt Supes 1 is the rarest for Pedigree copies?

or are we talking # copies but not say in HG?

always so many clarifyers to everything.

I don't think so...the copies don't trade hands much (only the Nova Scotia recently)

Spokane? Might as well go ahead and note that there is no Marvel #1 in the Curator or Pacific Coast collections also.

Crow: Spokane? That book has never even been in an airplane that flew over Spokane.

I hear you, but remember, I have a Ped Marvel 1 for sale, so I am bit "biased" right now lol

Crow,

Just out of curiosity, what supes 1 peds are out there?

Windy City, Nova Scotia, and Church are the first three that jump to mind.

There are a few more, but none in really high grade.

Yes there is.

ouch :flamed:

Crow,

Just out of curiosity, what supes 1 peds are out there?

Windy City, Nova Scotia, and Church are the first three that jump to mind.

There are a few more, but none in really high grade.

Yes there is.

I'd like to see the bangzoom supes 1 ! although probably not high grade as not part of his campbell bros stash from what I recall

hmm although his tec 27 *was* campbell... we should really count that as a ped tec 27! I believe his quote was "its nice but not as nice as the All American 16" or something to that effect. 5.0-7.5 range maybe? hm

I hear you, but remember, I have a Ped Marvel 1 for sale, so I am bit "biased" right now lol

Rick: I know exactly what conversation you had with Ritter, as I had the exact same one with him during the weekend. Of course I'm a little biased as well, being one of those guys looking to buy your copy :devil:

Jim