• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

Well, I finally went through the new Heritage catalogue yesterday and have tagged about 35 items to watch. About half of them are already beyond what I would be willing to pay (sucks being a bottom-feeder :tonofbricks:), and the rest will probably all get there. I'm hoping to nab about 2-3 books that are high on my want list, but if this Heritage auction holds true to form, I'll probably be shut-out again.

I have to hand it to Heritage, this auction has a great selection of both books and art. If I only had $30k to burn, I'd be doing great. :cry:

Even the Saturday "2nd-tier" session has some interesting books, too bad the auction falls on Mega-Con weekend....guess I'll just have to have my laptop with me, place my bids early in the morning, and keep my fingers crossed. :wishluck:

The books I'd love to have the most is the late run of Crippen Sensations....but I'm guessing they will be going for 3-5 times Guide easy by the time the final hammer falls.

Anything else out there catching your eye? Post em here.

I was trying to convince my wife to let me put a second mortgage on the house, but I don't think it worked. I might try a few low-ball bids, but I don't expect to win anything :(

However, I was really happy to get a Heritage catalog for the 1st time :)

Well, I finally went through the new Heritage catalogue yesterday and have tagged about 35 items to watch. About half of them are already beyond what I would be willing to pay (sucks being a bottom-feeder :tonofbricks:), and the rest will probably all get there. I'm hoping to nab about 2-3 books that are high on my want list, but if this Heritage auction holds true to form, I'll probably be shut-out again.

I have to hand it to Heritage, this auction has a great selection of both books and art. If I only had $30k to burn, I'd be doing great. :cry:

Even the Saturday "2nd-tier" session has some interesting books, too bad the auction falls on Mega-Con weekend....guess I'll just have to have my laptop with me, place my bids early in the morning, and keep my fingers crossed. :wishluck:

The books I'd love to have the most is the late run of Crippen Sensations....but I'm guessing they will be going for 3-5 times Guide easy by the time the final hammer falls.

Anything else out there catching your eye? Post em here.

Probably, :hi:

I wasn't bidding on heritage, but I think in certain circumstancs, I'll have to relax that;)

I'm keeping an eye on the early Actions - but as they are mine I'm hoping they go for way too much.

Other than that it's probably just a watching brief this time round.

I'm watching the #11 George! :popcorn: