• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

Okay, people, I need opinions. If you owned this...

superman17.jpg

Would you upgrade to this, or be happy with what you've got?

s17.jpg

I actually like the 6.0 much better, the colors are much more real, so if you decide to "upgrade" let me know;)

Okay, people, I need opinions. If you owned this...

superman17.jpg

Would you upgrade to this, or be happy with what you've got?

s17.jpg

I'd keep the 6.5. If you upgrade, go for a 9.0 or better. Knowing how Heritage bleaches out their scans, who knows what you'll really get with those dust shadows.

I'd keep the 6.5. If you upgrade, go for a 9.0 or better. Knowing how Heritage bleaches out their scans, who knows what you'll really get with those dust shadows.

Surprisingly, the only copy that's 9.0 or better is the highest graded at 9.2. Next up is an 8.5, and then this 8.0 is 3rd.

Surprisingly, the only copy that's 9.0 or better is the highest graded at 9.2. Next up is an 8.5, and then this 8.0 is 3rd.

That 8.0 does not look much better than your 6.5... I'd keep the FN+.

Right. My feeling on upgrading is that going incrementally is sort of pointless. If you have a "filler" copy, then don't upgrade until you get that shot at the top.

Of course if 8.0 is the top for you, then go for it.

But I'd keep the 6.5.

Air Fighters V2 #8

I have always loved this book? Is there any reason it has been up four times in the last seven years and lost 50% of its value?

Not sure why it has been up so often, but the value could be due to the perceived scarcity in 2002 (not many of the books in this series are this nice), but with 9.2 and 9.0s also around, which may or may not have been graded after this first auction, some of the other big bidder from the 2002 auction may have found other books.

Anyone have a guess on what the Kelly WDC&S cover will fetch?

This is a great question and one I've been wondering myself. I can list lots of good reasons why it should go for a ton, but I can also list lots of reasons why it won't go for all that much.