• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

I would think it should go for over $15K, but the problem is I can also think of reasons why it might not. Off the top of my head

1. It's not a superhero.

2. It's not Barks.

3. There might not be a lot of Kelly OA collectors out there, or at least not deep-pocketed ones.

4. Duck collectors might be pre-occupied with the huge WDCS run on Heritage.

I would think it should go for over $15K, but the problem is I can also think of reasons why it might not. Off the top of my head

1. It's not a superhero.

2. It's not Barks.

3. There might not be a lot of Kelly OA collectors out there, or at least not deep-pocketed ones.

4. Duck collectors might be pre-occupied with the huge WDCS run on Heritage.

5. There are Pogo OA pieces a plenty out there - probably six at any given time on ebay.

Having said that - I'd like this piece. hm

And having said that - I can't aford it. :sorry:

I placed my first bid ever with Heritage today! :banana:

hope it was on one of my books :baiting:

Is all I can say is that it begins with a 1 and ends with a 1 I can't reveal the title of the book. :grin: Eric called today and issued me a line of credit (if I need it). :)

I had a question on how the live auction works. Does Heritage start the bidding where the online bidding left off? For example if a book has a bid of $1000 before the live auction starts, is that the starting bid in the live auction? How does online bidders secret maximum bid fit into all of this? I tried to read up on it but, it seems there are more words than I can comprehend.

I had a question on how the live auction works. Does Heritage start the bidding where the online bidding left off? For example if a book has a bid of $1000 before the live auction starts, is that the starting bid in the live auction?

Yes, the live auction begins where the internet bidding left off. If the current bid is $1,000, the live event will start with the next bid required of $1,100. I believe there is a new feature though where ONCE per item, a bidder can put in a "cut-bid" or in this example, $1,050.

How does online bidders secret maximum bid fit into all of this? I tried to read up on it but, it seems there are more words than I can comprehend.

In the above example, if your max bid is $1,500, that bid is still "secret" and is still working for you in the live event. If the live event bidding only gets up to $1,300, you would then win at the next bid increment, which would be $1,400.

I recommend you watch a little of the live event online if possible, as you can see instantly if you won or not, and maybe throw in a last minute bid if you want.

Hope you win what you're after. (thumbs u

Good luck. I gotta run though. I have to go put a MASSIVE bid on an early Action Comic I have my eye on.

:jokealert:

I had a question on how the live auction works. Does Heritage start the bidding where the online bidding left off? For example if a book has a bid of $1000 before the live auction starts, is that the starting bid in the live auction?

Yes, the live auction begins where the internet bidding left off. If the current bid is $1,000, the live event will start with the next bid required of $1,100. I believe there is a new feature though where ONCE per item, a bidder can put in a "cut-bid" or in this example, $1,050.

How does online bidders secret maximum bid fit into all of this? I tried to read up on it but, it seems there are more words than I can comprehend.

In the above example, if your max bid is $1,500, that bid is still "secret" and is still working for you in the live event. If the live event bidding only gets up to $1,300, you would then win at the next bid increment, which would be $1,400.

I recommend you watch a little of the live event online if possible, as you can see instantly if you won or not, and maybe throw in a last minute bid if you want.

Hope you win what you're after. (thumbs u

Good luck. I gotta run though. I have to go put a MASSIVE bid on an early Action Comic I have my eye on.

:jokealert:

Thank you Brian! :hi:

I placed my first bid ever with Heritage today! :banana:

Good luck buddy!

Thanks! (thumbs u It would be really sweet to own George's #11 :cloud9:
sorry to state the obvious, but why didn't you buy it when George was selling it here (shrug)

I am only after 1 little book, but I just realized I will be at mega con... anyone going there going to have internet access :wishluck:

I'm bringing my work laptop and three spare batteries...I'll charge you a modest per minute fee to use it. :baiting:

This assumes, of course, that the Convention hall has a wireless signal....can't remember if it does or not.

EDIT: Apparently they have an "extensive" Wi-Fi network, so we should be good on the floor.

I am only after 1 little book, but I just realized I will be at mega con... anyone going there going to have internet access :wishluck:

I'm bringing my work laptop and three spare batteries...I'll charge you a modest per minute fee to use it. :baiting:

This assumes, of course, that the Convention hall has a wireless signal....can't remember if it does or not.

EDIT: Apparently they have an "extensive" Wi-Fi network, so we should be good on the floor.

(worship)