• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

I'm not saying this makes it more sensible, but the # 4 is tied for 3rd highest and the #6 is the second highest copy.

maybe the buyers felt that they may never get a chance at the higher graded books. I dunno.

Does all these mean when I go to Megacon tomorrow all of the dealers are going to be jacking up the prices for early Sups???? That's what I was going looking for but I barely have the dough at current levels let alone paying multiples.

At this rate I will have to settle for mid grade copies of Captain Galliant doh!

Maybe we're seeing a re-defining of the value of the first 10 issues. Not that these prices would be realized again anytime in the near future, but perhaps a big bump for copies in similar condition from the first 10 issues.

Maybe we're seeing a re-defining of the value of the first 10 issues. Not that these prices would be realized again anytime in the near future, but perhaps a big bump for copies in similar condition from the first 10 issues.
According to these sales, i'm guessing they are worth much more than Actions.

I just don't understand how people with an obvious love for comics and tons of cash can't do some simple networking with dealers, put some want list requests out there and save them themselves a few hundred thousand in the process?

I just don't understand how people with an obvious love for comics and tons of cash can't do some simple networking with dealers, put some want list requests out there and save them themselves a few hundred thousand in the process?

There are people in this world, even in this economy where these are just impulse buys off a shelf where spending this kinda dough is just a drop in a bucket.

Surfer, it's something you and or at least I will never comprehend. :frustrated:

^^

my dad WDC&S --

45 :cloud9:

69 :cloud9:

74 :cloud9:

140 :acclaim:

:banana:

So you're the one who outbid me on #140! I thought for sure my 5x guide bid would win, and I even placed another bid at $1,600. I guess it could have gotten ugly if I kept bidding. How high were you willing to go?

^^

my dad WDC&S --

So you're the one who outbid me on #140! I thought for sure my 5x guide bid would win, and I even placed another bid at $1,600. I guess it could have gotten ugly if I kept bidding. How high were you willing to go?

It would have been bad, my dad is big time uncle scrooge and I'm into golf and it's the first Carl Barks Litho. he purchased. Don't think we'll ever upgrade just wanted a NM copy. I won't say sky was the limit but he really liked the 45 and we went 3,00 so probably similar. :grin: (thumbs u

Anyone contemplating the X-Men #4? White Mountain is calling to me...

:frustrated: I should have bid on this #4. I was so tempted, and I may regret not going after it when I had the chance. It closed lower than I was expecting.

^^

my dad WDC&S --

It would have been bad, my dad is big time uncle scrooge and I'm into golf and it's the first Carl Barks Litho. he purchased. Don't think we'll ever upgrade just wanted a NM copy. I won't say sky was the limit but he really liked the 45 and we went 3,00 so probably similar. :grin: (thumbs u

Good deal then - I'm glad I didn't getting into a bidding war with you, and glad I could save you $1,000 or so :grin: