• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Recent pics of your kids, family, self...

884 posts in this topic

I hope all of you with young children are saving memorabilia from your daily family life. I kept this for twenty years. A note supposedly from my daughter (actually forged by my son) I found when I came home from work one night. It's stuff like this that keeps me going in my old age.They grow up quick so enjoy them.

Jack

DSC_0076.jpg

That is great. Love the phoenetic spelling of "obnoxious." lol

Thanks. I saved everything. Yesterday I found something my son had written for school about his wishes for the future. It ended with...

"When I am 26 years old I will marry a supermodel/singer/actress who dislikes the same things I do. We will have ten children and send them off to an island where they will be raised by Bill Cosby and Jennifer Love Hewitt."

I was impressed with that one too.

Jack

Later in the same day he also asked me to "stop calling him about stupid stuff" which took some of the shine off his halo. He's 23 now. Tough when they grow up.

My parents saved all sorts of letters I used to write. Especially my dad. I would write things to him while he was on the phone. Like

"can I go to viramis please check yes or no" :P

And letters to myself when I was mad at my mum. hahahah xD Oh man I was a handful. Smarter than I shoulda been, I wonder where that went.... =\

Anyway, this is Eric and I at the NJ Grounds for Sculpture on my birthday. ^o^ Grounds for Sculpture is a pretty conceptual sculpture museum/garden, and you basically hunt around the property for all these sculptures everywhere. So fun!! <3

IMGP2216.jpg

We've been dating for so long we're practically 3/4 of the way married. :P This is the first time since we first met that he's been home for my birthday, and our 5th anniversary is tomorrow xD

Thanks. I saved everything. Yesterday I found something my son had written for school about his wishes for the future. It ended with...

"When I am 26 years old I will marry a supermodel/singer/actress who dislikes the same things I do. We will have ten children and send them off to an island where they will be raised by Bill Cosby and Jennifer Love Hewitt."

I was impressed with that one too.

Jack

Later in the same day he also asked me to "stop calling him about stupid stuff" which took some of the shine off his halo. He's 23 now. Tough when they grow up.

Better be nice to him....3 more years and he'll be marrying a supermodel/singer/actress who dislikes the same things he does....then he'll be starting on his brood of 10 kids.. :applause:

Brian

Just for ComicGrinder....some CALIFORNIA pics. First up; me and the King in Los Angeles. (Don't be jealous)

jackkirby.jpg

Next up, me in my Military Days with a good student and friend:

MarcMatt.jpg

Enjoy Sherlock! Let me know if you "discover" anything (maybe the Kirby pic is all photoshop??? Who knows???)

My parents saved all sorts of letters I used to write. Especially my dad. I would write things to him while he was on the phone. Like

And letters to myself when I was mad at my mum. hahahah xD Oh man I was a handful. Smarter than I shoulda been, I wonder where that went.... =\

Anyway, this is Eric and I at the NJ Grounds for Sculpture on my birthday. ^o^ Grounds for Sculpture is a pretty conceptual sculpture museum/garden, and you basically hunt around the property for all these sculptures everywhere. So fun!! <3

We've been dating for so long we're practically 3/4 of the way married. :P This is the first time since we first met that he's been home for my birthday, and our 5th anniversary is tomorrow xD

You two look very happy together Han. Thanks for sharing!

Jersey. Man, between there and Maryland, not sure what I miss most. I worked at Great Gorge/Vernon Valley while in high school. That place was fantastic to work and live. Not sure if it is still large countryside or not.

You two look very happy together Han. Thanks for sharing!

Jersey. Man, between there and Maryland, not sure what I miss most. I worked at Great Gorge/Vernon Valley while in high school. That place was fantastic to work and live. Not sure if it is still large countryside or not.

Thanks Bosco! =)

I love NJ. I don't know how practical it will be to live here when I graduate, but we'll see. From what I know (and a quick Google search confirming my suspicions, north-eastern Jersey is VERY urban these days. Most of the west side of Jersey has the majority of agriculture.

Maps!

map_newjersey.gif

I live in Hunterdon, which is right above the "belt" of Jersey, on the West side. I'm used to farmy farmlands, which might be why I detest the city.... ;)

IMGP2216.jpg

:o

Don't look now but there's a squirrel on your back :baiting:

Just for ComicGrinder....some CALIFORNIA pics. First up; me and the King in Los Angeles. (Don't be jealous)

jackkirby.jpg

Next up, me in my Military Days with a good student and friend:

MarcMatt.jpg

Enjoy Sherlock! Let me know if you "discover" anything (maybe the Kirby pic is all photoshop??? Who knows???)

yup