• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Recent pics of your kids, family, self...

884 posts in this topic

Been a while since I posted a pic of me.

Just got back from Victoria, dealing with bushfires (I am volunteer in the N.S.W. Rural Fire Service) and a bunch of us were sent (about 1300 km/780miles) to relieve the poor buggers who have been trying to kill the fires there since early February.

This was taken just before heading out on the trucks to the fireground. I was on night shift, 1900-0700.

Talk about a true american hero, good going man !! That's a hell of a job..

Ummm, :gossip: check my 20, Chespirito. Not sure any part of the U.S. of A. is within 1300 km of Oz.

Been a while since I posted a pic of me.

Just got back from Victoria, dealing with bushfires (I am volunteer in the N.S.W. Rural Fire Service) and a bunch of us were sent (about 1300 km/780miles) to relieve the poor buggers who have been trying to kill the fires there since early February.

This was taken just before heading out on the trucks to the fireground. I was on night shift, 1900-0700.

Talk about a true american hero, good going man !! That's a hell of a job..

Ummm, :gossip: check my 20, Chespirito. Not sure any part of the U.S. of A. is within 1300 km of Oz.

Uhh...mm, I don't follow... I live in Japan...is that what you mean?

Thought I'd post my Mister Man in his Respectable Gears since that's what we're all doin' here tonight. :P Unfortunately I'm mostly in the way. Whatevers. =P I am sure he'll get Staff Sgt this year, so I'm very excited for him.

smallsweet.jpg

@Chespirito: It's okay. Gotta make that work and make that easy before you can focus on these other crazies here. xD

Edit: maybe I should make this more on topic and post real fams. xD Then I'm going to bed. ^o^

My seesters (biological anyway P: I have 44 other sisters ) and I:

trio.jpg

Man, you guys are hard core, I'm in the military also but, in regards to training,my biggest concern at the moment is just passing my PT test..seriously.

Everyone has to start somewhere, right? Next run you'll be making may be out the C130 door - or not. No need to be a jumper or tab-wearer to serve.

Well, in my hey days, I did have about 6 jumps, from a c-130 and from a weird one called an Arava( I think it's Israely). I was in the Mexican Army for 5 years before being in the US Army, I 'll start my diet tomorrow...make that two days..it's meatloaf night :D

Bosco,

I went through the end of '88. Fall if I recall correctly. It was a little cold, even for Georgia, I remember that much. Do any HALO jumps?

Nope. After IOBC, we were allowed to choose some schools, so being Benning it was badge-hunting country. When my new commander found out a few of us were hanging back there, and next up was Ranger School, he gave me an option - show up and take over a platoon, or end up in a staff job. I moved out smartly with a quick "YES, SIR!"

Bosco,

I went through the end of '88. Fall if I recall correctly. It was a little cold, even for Georgia, I remember that much. Do any HALO jumps?

Nope. After IOBC, we were allowed to choose some schools, so being Benning it was badge-hunting country. When my new commander found out a few of us were hanging back there, and next up was Ranger School, he gave me an option - show up and take over a platoon, or end up in a staff job. I moved out smartly with a quick "YES, SIR!"

That sucks. After SOBC in '90, we had a choice, go to Iraq or go to Iraq. Hmm, so much for schools.

That sucks. After SOBC in '90, we had a choice, go to Iraq or go to Iraq. Hmm, so much for schools.

One of the best commanders I ever served with (either when I was enlisted or officer), so I understood his point.

It's funny, but the American Indian as well as a bunch of other cultures revere their children when they are young as they know someday they might be dependent on them when they themselves get old. Actually that's pretty smart.

When you reach your 50's, those old sports injuries come back to haunt you. You just never know how things are going to end up.

Whether you marry a Supermodel/Singer/Actress or not.

My family: Sally (awesome con-goin', line-waitin', sketch-gettin' girlfriend of several years) and Cuervo (half australian cattle dog, half kangaroo)

SANY0442.jpg

We got Cuervo on Cinco de Mayo 2007, so we felt "Cuervo" was an appropriate name. He turned 2 last week.

SANY04432.jpg

Sally got 2 kittens the same day I got Cuervo. I love her, so I love them by extension...I was never much of a cat person growing up, but Cody and Claire are actually pretty cool.

SANY06282.jpg

Finally, one of me and Sally in Alaska (where she's from) after a Halibut fishing trip. I pulled in these two guys:

SANY0581.jpg

Thanks, guys! I've had a couple of PM's about this:

The one on the left was 58 lbs and the one on the right was 62 lbs. Far and away the biggest fish I've ever caught!

Sweet, Joey. Neither of them look like you. (thumbs u

:mad:

Doc, when did you first meet Joey's wife. hm Nevermind, I don't see any hillbilly in 'em.